Guts' Kill Roster: How many has he REALLY killed?

Walter said:
Not sure I understand what you mean...? :???:

Sry, I'm sleepy, I was refering to adding the "Gut's Kill Roster"-...thing to the actual list too, you know, there's the list with all the manga covers and such, but the "Gut's Kill Roster" on top of it is gone. Might have been nice to just keep it in that place, (pretty trite, I know, but I was just trying to be somehow constructive )...was that understandable now :???:?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Chung said:
Sry, I'm sleepy, I was refering to adding the "Gut's Kill Roster"-...thing to the actual list too, you know, there's the list with all the manga covers and such, but the "Gut's Kill Roster" on top of it is gone. Might have been nice to just keep it in that place, (pretty trite, I know, but I was just trying to be somehow constructive )...was that understandable now :???:?
Ah, I get it now. Yeah I could add the header, but I think it gets in the way. And since you have to go through the form to get to the actual roster anyway, it's not like you'll forget where you are XD

Haha, true that :guts:

How about adding a pic of Guts, when sorting the list in chronological order? So it would be a new pic for each stage of his life instead of the volume covers, maybe?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Chung said:
Haha, true that :guts:

How about adding a pic of Guts, when sorting the list in chronological order? So it would be a new pic for each stage of his life instead of the volume covers, maybe?
So, a new picture for every instance he ages? I like the idea, but it wouldn't be very balanced for the roster as a whole. There'd be a pic of him at 9, 11, 15 and from age 18 on, he looks virtually the same.

I'll try it out though and see how it looks. An image is worth 1000 words afterall.

Update: Added a little guide, hosted by one of my favorite characters. Check it out.
:void:

Great job really immpresive! Just a quick one I didn't see a count for the possesed horse in vol. 17? If I missed something apologies in advance

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
Great job really immpresive! Just a quick one I didn't see a count for the possesed horse in vol. 17? If I missed something apologies in advance
Hehe yeah, just goes to show you that the job is never done :guts: I've found a handful of other ones myself. Thankfully with the new format, its much easier to add them.

Good call!

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Woah, nice work. I've considered doing a count myself but an image of Guts sword covered with insect apostle spawn flashing in my head has always stopped my plan.

Maybe I'll start a count for Serpico. If there is 30 more volumes and he kills the peons while Guts deals with 1 or 2 huge prey he could probably catch up... well probably not actually, since guts also hacks peons before, after, and in the middle of all his fights, but Serpico will probably make a decent count too. I think he is already number 2, or is that Shrieke and her blaze wheel, etc? She might actually pass Guts.

Serpico

I did a count for Serpico. So far he is upto 65 kills with about 5 being debateable but still likely.

Serpico

Walter said:
Do you have them listed by vol/page? 

Well I did, but my numbering reflects my own files. Here they are though

http://members.lycos.co.uk/serpiko915/serp_kills.htm

I put a question by the ones I wasn't sure of. There is the 3 mounted tigers whose heads get slashed up with Serpico's whirlwind attacks. Roderick stabbed one in the eye later so I know they lived a little longer. Then also the apostle chasing them which Shierke blasts its neck with hairs and then Serpico slashes along his head after which he collapses and I think is never seen again.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Serpico said:
Then also the apostle chasing them which Schierke blasts its neck with hairs and then Serpico slashes along his head after which he collapses and I think is never seen again.

I don't think we can tell whether he's collapsing or not, and since they're pretty much fleeing after Serpico slashes his face I don't think he died (besides he's an apostle, he wouldn't die from a superficial cut). As far as I can tell Serpico managed to blind him (he got one eye but it looks like he slightly missed the other) and they used the opportunity to run away and hide in the armor's room while he was rampaging in the corridor.

Other than that it looks like the tigers lived a little longer yeah, even though his attack badly wounded them. As for the skeleton in episode 196... That's hard to say really, it depends on the criteria to count deaths that occur off screen.

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
I am sure he can easily kill more then 100 with his skills these days. i just wonder how many can he kill before he collapses in one battle. And lets choose an army of human merceneries. I would think now he can kill 1000. With all of his gadgets and power of the Armor.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
xbigvmanx said:
I am sure he can easily kill more then 100 with his skills these days. i just wonder how many can he kill before he collapses in one battle. And lets choose an army of human merceneries. I would think now he can kill 1000. With all of his gadgets and power of the Armor.
What the hell does this have to do with the roster? And he didnt reach the 1000 mark until the Trolls in the Qliphoth, so claiming he can kill 1000 on any given tuesday is just ridiculous.

Jaze1618 said:
is Rochine dead? I remember her flying away thinking about dinner.

Yeah it's made pretty clear she died while flying away after the damage Guts inflicted on her, a great trophy of the kill roster I must say. ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Billybob said:
Does Ganishka's apparation count as a kill?
Hmmmmm... That's a good question. I'll have to consult my peers ( :griff: , :SK:). I have a strong feeling they'll approve of it even though my personal gut reaction to it is "no way." I don't even know what it'd be classified as... I guess in terms of the roster, it's the same as dispelling a ghost. But... I just don't know. It's not a distinct entity from Ganishka; it's really more like Guts chopped off Ganishka's spiritual arm, more than mortally wounded him.

Top Bottom