Jesuslugo's Art

EjF6XQnXkAAy8IW

Hey guys, I'm currently drawing a Berserk Mural on my wall, it is about 6ftx4.5ft.
I'm sure if you're part of this forum then you definitely know what panel I'm drawing. I am doing this in my own style, I've also changed a couple of things such as making Zodd bigger, and changing Guts face to the iconic panel from the eclipse. I've yet to take Guts eyeball out simply because I'm waiting till the main piece is complete and I go over again for the small details and highlights. But I wanna get some recommendations from the berserk community as to what details I should add, I thought about making the background them riding through demons in the eclipse from the panel with Schierke in it. I've also though about putting Femto big as hell in the back. But I'd love to hear your ideas! If you guys wanna see progress pics Ill be glad to upload upon request :)
check me out on twitter: Yeezuslugo
IG: __jesuslugo__

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi! Looks very good overall, but I'm not a fan of your choice regarding Guts' face. The perspective is off for it and it really struck me immediately, plus I think it doesn't give off the right emotion for the scene.

I wanna get some recommendations from the berserk community as to what details I should add, I thought about making the background them riding through demons in the eclipse from the panel with Schierke in it. I've also though about putting Femto big as hell in the back.

It's your call of course but it might look odd to have a background other than Ganishka given that they're being electrocuted in the scene?

Hi! Looks very good overall, but I'm not a fan of your choice regarding Guts' face. The perspective is off for it and it really struck me immediately, plus I think it doesn't give off the right emotion for the scene.

It's your call of course but it might look odd to have a background other than Ganishka given that they're being electrocuted in the scene?

I can definitely see what you mean about the perspective, as guts face was slightly tilted in the original Just like Zodds, instead of straight forward as I drew it. However due to the size Kentaro drew the original panel guts face in the original lacks the detail I wanted to draw in the mural (nothing against Miuras work as it is masterul). And when you consider his head is about 4-5 inches in the mural it just wouldn’t have translated well. Also if you look at it I’m sure you’ll know which panel I based it on and it’s my favorite panel in the manga so I wanted to incorporate it in somehow as long as it was still anatomically accurate. However your criticism is very valid, just my personal preference. As far Ganishka being the background, it’s definitely not off the table. But as you said when I changed guts face I also changed the overall tone of the piece, and want to find a background that suits it. As you said though since They’re being electrocuted nothing else would really make sense as far as a manga accurate panel, but this is more a piece to commemorate berserk than anything. So I’m not really too focused on making it so literal.

It looks awesome man, nice work! That is a huge piece of art and really well detailed, please keep up updated on any work you do on it! Similarly to Aaz though, I'm not personally that big a fan of the mish mashing of scenes but if your goal is just to cram in a ton of different Berserk scene/references go for it.

As bad ass as the image you chose of Guts and Zodd is, it's specificity sort of limits it as far as what can be added to it to create a scene. If I saw that image of Gutts/Zodd flying through the eclipse ( or anywhere besides their fight against Ganishka for that matter), it would immediately strike me as unnatural and more like some kind of fan fiction than something that actually makes sense in the series. Again though, if your goal is simply to throw in a ton of Berserk "highlights" into one piece, regardless of context or how much sense it makes, a background of the eclipse is definitely one of the most striking images you could choose from background wise. If you have the time to do all of that I'd definitely choose it over a giant Griffith :femto:. How about them smashing through the Idea of Evil or a giant stylized behelit for some originality points :carcus:

Fancypantaloons

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
Looks great, dude! You are adding your own sauce, and I appreciate it!
I see this situation like a cover song, it bores me if it is exactly the same as the original. I want to feel the intention of the current musician, in this case you, the painter. I may or may not like it, but I respect it.

Be sure to show us the final thing!

It looks awesome man, nice work! That is a huge piece of art and really well detailed, please keep up updated on any work you do on it! Similarly to Aaz though, I'm not personally that big a fan of the mish mashing of scenes but if your goal is just to cram in a ton of different Berserk scene/references go for it.

As bad ass as the image you chose of Guts and Zodd is, it's specificity sort of limits it as far as what can be added to it to create a scene. If I saw that image of Gutts/Zodd flying through the eclipse ( or anywhere besides their fight against Ganishka for that matter), it would immediately strike me as unnatural and more like some kind of fan fiction than something that actually makes sense in the series. Again though, if your goal is simply to throw in a ton of Berserk "highlights" into one piece, regardless of context or how much sense it makes, a background of the eclipse is definitely one of the most striking images you could choose from background wise. If you have the time to do all of that I'd definitely choose it over a giant Griffith :femto:. How about them smashing through the Idea of Evil or a giant stylized behelit for some originality points :carcus:

Thank you I appreciate it! But yeah, I try to take as much artistic liberty as I can when I make a piece, I will never be Kentaro Miura so why try to be? I intended it to be perceived more as fanart than an actual recreation of the image, as I kinda find it lackluster as an artist to just copy something down exactly as is. But that idea of a giant behelit is actually pretty badass I might have to think about that

It’s important to know this is my take on the panel and not an exact copy of it. Nothing against the original artwork as it is flawless, I just don’t like copying work exactly as is as. Simply because I believe that if I wanted it exactly as it is I could’ve just printed out the panel and hung it on my wall. As an artist I believe it’s important to show individuality.
Here’s a list of things I altered:
Changed Guts face to the panel from eclipse (shown below)
Made Zodd bigger
Downsized Zodd’s horn
Overall textures of Zodd’s fur and Guts armor
Did not depict ganishka
Added Berserk logo to background
Original panel:
aeG3zgp_700b.jpg

Guts face reference:
EJpehaFXsAA9ad8.png

Last edited:
Guts face and the eye bleeding seems a bit over the top, but you did a fantastic job on the overall piece. Incredible!
Yeah it definitely is :guts: I had to change it due to me resizing it because it wouldn’t translate well. It’s actually guts from the eclipse, Its one of my favorite panels so I wanted to incorporate it. But thank you so much! Means a lot.

Top Bottom