Gyroking Learns How To Draw

Hey guys, It's my intention to share my berserk/manga related art here and hopefully receive constructive criticism and feedback. I thought it would be interesting to hear opinions about my art and it's progression, maybe we can see the process evolve over time? That might be cool. I will try to keep everything berserk themed or at the very least related to art techniques used by miura, his assistants, etc. I'm going to art school starting this year, after dropping out of college not once but TWICE before I turned 20, so this is a big personal goal for me. I appreciate any and all feedback if you do choose to reply. Thanks so much :)

To start this off, Im gonna post a sketch I just did of guts, I used no reference so many things are out of place and incorrect.

Link to sketch because I am incompetent

Now clearly, there is much wrong with this. The facial structure is not quite right (an understatement???), The hair was just an estimate I came up with by thinking "yeah theres lots of spikes and shit, and it goes down in the front right?", The ear is all wrong (not a big concern right now but it is something), and the nose is really smudgy too.

Thoughts?

I will probably share some of my drawings in which I used miura's art as a reference at a later point.

Top Bottom