Happiest moment in Berserk

I always like to think of the night that Guts and company got to spend at Flora's manor prior to it's destruction. They got to eat/sleep/clean-up well and not have to worry about being attacked for once. They also learned that with proper warding, they wouldn't be plagued continually by dark forces drawn to the brands. That entire scene just made me feel so ridiculously good... Probably for the first time in the series.

X

Xem

DOOMXEEN said:
I always like to think of the night that Guts and company got to spend at Flora's manor prior to it's destruction. They got to eat/sleep/clean-up well and not have to worry about being attacked for once. They also learned that with proper warding, they wouldn't be plagued continually by dark forces drawn to the brands. That entire scene just made me feel so ridiculously good... Probably for the first time in the series.

I have to admit I got a feeling of, "Guts really needed this", and a big smile spread across my face during these scenes.

Jarome

The Destroyer Of Worlds
Yeah like most people said, I'd call the Golden Age as "Berserks' happiest moments"... Elfheim is probably gonna be the last time we'll see our heroes tryin' to relieve themselves from the BIG FREAKIN' EVIL THAT'S COMIN'!! :griffnotevil:

I'd like to comment the awesome discussion you people had trough the second page of this thread... Guts bein' responsible for what happened to Griffith? Are you folks out of your mind? There's no way, any person in this world can be responsible for someone's else feelings, that is something you cannot be blamed for.

I'm just wondering on another note if the :idea: actually used Guts for his own schemes... I mean yes the IoE has been pullin' strings and has been setting up Griffith's life for 1000 years but it seems Guts played a bigger part than he was supposed to.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Your question really deserves its own thread, I think. It doesn't really complement the subject matter here. If you're willing, I'll split the discussion here and make it a new thread in Character Cove or Manga Mausoleum.

Jarome said:
I'm just wondering on another note if the :idea: actually used Guts for his own schemes... I mean yes the IoE has been pullin' strings and has been setting up Griffith's life for 1000 years but it seems Guts played a bigger part than he was supposed to.
Sure, Guts played an essential role in lifting Griffith to power in the Golden Age, which was at the center of some of the Idea of Evil's plans. I don't personally think he played a "bigger" part than he was supposed to. Griffith had to be broken before he would accept the God Hand's offer. Otherwise, what use would he have of "wings" to reach the castle that was already near his grasp. To break him, Guts had to be an integral part of his life when he left.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Jarome said:
I'd like to comment the awesome discussion you people had trough the second page of this thread... Guts bein' responsible for what happened to Griffith? Are you folks out of your mind? There's no way, any person in this world can be responsible for someone's else feelings, that is something you cannot be blamed for.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I enjoyed my part in the discussion and had fun posting way back when. This was early in my skullknight career and of my few "serious" Berserk discussions. So if you are being sarcastic..then FUCK YOU!

Mmm, I dunno about that Oburi, I think it's a very valid point. Blaming Guts for Griffith's feelings, and how Griffith chose to act on those feelings is I think placing far too much blame on Guts than is deserved. He's not the sort to live his life cowering from any possibility of giving offense. Sure, Guts could be pointed to as a cause of Griffith's reaction, but so too his ambitions. Multiple causes, not least of which :idea: .

And at least after Guts was rescued by SkullKnight from the Void's... eclipse tornado thing (I'm... not sure what to call it; occultation ceremony chamber?), it does seem that he chose more of his own destiny. As Flora I think at one point mentioned, Guts path is similar to one possibly shared by her and SkullKnight - causality is a spiral, not a loop.

On-topic again (this is some interesting stuff though), there haven't been a lot of happy times for Guts, has there? His time with the Hawks, especially his first beer with them, for sure. And later, on the beach, before being attacked - most especially the brief moment with the Moonlight Child. A spell of piece in the town as well, though I'm not sure it exactly rated as 'happy' for Guts, given his injuries. And ever since then has been, basically, fighting, agony, rage, and grim survival for Guts. Not to mention he almost lost Casca to drowning because of both her distrust of him, and his lack of an arm. Now, of course, he seems to be locked in a fever-dream battle of sorts with :chomp: .

Looking forward to the next episodes /so much/. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jarome said:
I'm just wondering on another note if the :idea: actually used Guts for his own schemes...

Yes it did. The real question is: "does it still?"

Oburi said:
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I enjoyed my part in the discussion and had fun posting way back when. This was early in my skullknight career and of my few "serious" Berserk discussions. So if you are being sarcastic..then FUCK YOU!

It's clearly sarcasm and he's definitely right. Anna's posts in this thread contain some of the stupidest things I've read on this forum, and I told her so in another thread at the time. His remark wasn't necessarily against you in particular.

Anyway, watch your mouth and be respectful of other members please.

Rhombaad said:
That would be the Nexus.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that this word doesn't appear anywhere in the manga and is just something we (Griffith, to be exact) came up with to name the place. It has no "official" name.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
It's clearly sarcasm and he's definitely right. Anna's posts in this thread contain some of the stupidest things I've read on this forum, and I told her so in another thread at the time. His remark wasn't necessarily against you in particular.
Anyway, watch your mouth and be respectful of other members please.

Sorry for being disrespectful. I wasn't disagreeing with him at all, I just didn't like how he made a sarcastic remark about our discussion and then with one short sentence reiterated what had already been said. I mean some time and effort was put into that, at least by me.

...and my posts are awsome

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that this word doesn't appear anywhere in the manga and is just something we (Griffith, to be exact) came up with to name the place. It has no "official" name.

I did not know that. I was going off the diagram in the appendices of the encyclopedia. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I did not know that. I was going off the diagram in the appendices of the encyclopedia. :guts:
And that diagram is based on the thread that Aaz linked above. That all being said, the nexus is as good a name as any, though it may be a little misleading. It's not actually at the center of all worlds or anything --- it's just another plane of the astral world that the God Hand utilize.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
And that diagram is based on the thread that Aaz linked above.

That I did notice. :guts: The diagram is extremely helpful when reading through Flora's discussion of the World.

for me, i love the scene where the band of the hawk are celebrating after a victory. it has a close family feel to it. guts is sitting by himself on the ledge of the castle and judeau goes up to talk to him.. then eventually has pippin bring him down to celebrate with the rest of the band. if i'm not mistaken.. in the anime, there's a bagpipes theme being played during that scene which just added to the epic/happy feel.

there's another scene that involved schierke and guts. i can't remember it very well. i'll have to go back and read it, but i remember having a happy glow when i did.

einherjar

The Glorious Dead
I'm not sure if it qualifies as happy, but the scene after Guts teams up with Zodd to chase off Ganishka... When Serpico gets between the two of them and Zodd decides to move on... That scene was great. And it made me happy, anyway. :guts:

My favorite moment in Berserk, was well, after seeing the anime, and never even hearing about the Manga. Was that after that damn "Cliff hanger" ending, that Berserk long since continued. But other than that, seeing that Casca was still alive. After that point, seeing Guts find Casca after she ran away. From that point, I got to say my favorite moment was seeing that Casca was still able to protect herself even though she is not all there. Yeah, Casca is my favorite character and I'm not a big fan of rape, and I don't like to see the two mixed. Definitely, I'm pretty stressed when Casca is in those situations, and there has been a few of them. The moments when Casca gets away from trouble are the most relieving moments for me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
From that point, I got to say my favorite moment was seeing that Casca was still able to protect herself even though she is not all there. Yeah, Casca is my favorite character and I'm not a big fan of rape, and I don't like to see the two mixed. Definitely, I'm pretty stressed when Casca is in those situations, and there has been a few of them. The moments when Casca gets away from trouble are the most relieving moments for me.

That's nice, it seems to me that not many people are able to appreciate the stressful factor those moments induce (seeing the character in a dire situation, even though the danger isn't death itself), which I think is a shame.

Abstraction said:
lol, nice one

I think it was when Guts and Casca finally get to hug each other, after he throws Mozgus over the edge of the castle. Cause he hadn't got a chance to hold her since he left her at Godo's house.

Yeah same here that is definitely a happy moment in the manga 'cause everything before that was sad because of what Guts had to go through to find Casca. :judo:

DOOMXEEN said:

I agree, that part made me feel so warm and tingly inside, poor guys finally get a break in a nice place, safe from everything.

Oh and im guys! im new to the site, but I love Berserk!

One of my favourite "happy moments" is when they're at that inn and Guts refers to his companions as "family". Aww it felt so good :judo: (he could have said it for practical reasons, but it's still very touching - and not only me, but for :schierke: too).
Actually, the times when they're together and aren't fighting are usually very "warm" - and I just love it! :casca:

BiQ_

" ... "
Well, for one, the moment when Casca wraps her arms around Guts after he tells her that he killed Gambino. And her words immediately after. I think that was actually even better than the hot sex afterwards.

...But another point that I want to put up here is episode 236 when they are walking at beach, Guts sees Casca smile and next speaks about being able to watch sunset so calm again. It feels that only at that point, it started to sink in to the guy that there could be a semblance of real hope in horizon.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
BiQ-- said:
Well, for one, the moment when Casca wraps her arms around Guts after he tells her that he killed Gambino. And her words immediately after. I think that was actually even better than the hot sex afterwards.

Honestly, that's my favorite panel in the entire manga. It gets me every time. :judo:

Yeah, that's one of my favorite panels too (but then I have to confess I have a whole folder full of "selections" :schierke:). That whole scene is awesome... The same time I'm very happy for them I feel pit for them both... Born to be fucked up. :idea:-.-

Top Bottom