How close do you think are we to the Berserk's grand finale?

Now that 358's release date is confirmed and we have already arrived to one of the most anticipated moments in Berserk, I can't help but wonder about the intended finale and how far is it from where we currently are now.

Assuming Miura already had an ending (or at least an idea of one) in mind for Berserk, how close do you think it would be from where we are now? (Would be wonderful if you'd say the reason for your speculation too)

As for me, I think we are already at around 70% of Berserk's plot. I honestly think there's even a chance that the next arc after Fantasia would be the final one. Fantasia arc seems to me like it's meant to be a set-up for something bi. The recent developments with Guts' party, Griffith's Kingdom and Rickert smells like an arrangement for a conflict that will tie loose ends way back from the Golden Age (which is the main driving force of Guts ever since).

Shoot, so I missed the discussion then. Well, I'm kind of surprised (and a bit satisfied) Miura's answer about Berserk's progress is around my estimation. Also, this, in a way, confirms that Miura has a direction for the finale in mind too. Very good thing to know.

Didn't he say in a recent interview that the first major fight between Guts and Griffith was going to happen soon?
Yup.

For the reunion between Guts and Casca, it's done. I think I'm systematically wrong when I try to estimate these kinds of delays. However, it is true that the first serious duel with Griffith is approaching. As for the overall progress of the series, on the other hand.... It is heading towards its end, that's for sure. But if I say that there is still a fifth or a quarter to draw, this estimate may be lower than the reality. So I'd rather not go forward.

And with the end of 358, we might be seeing the buildup to it.

Didn't he say in a recent interview that the first major fight between Guts and Griffith was going to happen soon?
Moon Boy is going to Elfhelm, he may revert to his Griffith form when he arrives given the time dilation. It would be appropriate since Guts and co would need a reason to spur their journey to a new destination

Top Bottom