How do you think Caska feels about Farnese?

As she is now, is treats her as through she was her big sister, or even her mother(Not that she doesn't act the part of a needy child). How might this reflect in how she'll treat Farnese when when she is cured?
 

Oburi

All praise Grail
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

You men IF she is cured. I'm not sure but it'll be very weird. Casca might even resent Farnese a little because you know how independent and proud Casca is. But who knows.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

Hm, lesse here. Just strollin through SKnet's Character Cove section. What. What's this we h ave here? Two new threads?

"Possibility of same sex relationships happening in Berserk "
"How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?"

What exactly are you implying?! :casca:


Anyway, I think right now, Farnese is just another female for Casca to relate to. Casca clearly shows mistrust of males, and for good reason. How she'll feel for her after her mind is restored will depend entirely on how much knowledge she retains of her travels between the Eclipse and then. Either kindly or like a stranger.
 
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

Walter said:
How she'll feel for her after her mind is restored will depend entirely on how much knowledge she retains of her travels between the Eclipse and then.

Didn't we learn that she felt like she was in a dream, from The Sword of Berserk dreamcast game? someone please verify.
I seem to remember Miura-sensai saying something about how the DC game ties in to the whole story. But I'm not entirely certain.
If it's true then she could awaken from the "dream" remembering all of it, bits and pieces, or none at all. I for one hope she remembers all of it and would love to see how her relationship with Gut's develops. Her reaction to the group would also be interesting.. there is just so much potential for character development.

If she remembers everything then I would suspect that Caska would be thankful to Farnese.
However I think the more interesting question is what if Caska forgets everything? What if the price of healing her mind was that she forget her "entire" life? A completely fresh start. How would Gut's feel if all her memories of him disappeared?

Sorry I got carried away, this really is more speculation then anything else.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

Ramen4ever said:
Didn't we learn that she felt like she was in a dream, from The Sword of Berserk dreamcast game? someone please verify.
I seem to remember Miura-sensai saying something about how the DC game ties in to the whole story. But I'm not entirely certain.
If it's true then she could awaken from the "dream" remembering all of it, bits and pieces, or none at all. I for one hope she remembers all of it and would love to see how her relationship with Guts develops. Her reaction to the group would also be interesting.. there is just so much potential for character development.
So, yeah like I said, it all depends on how much knowledge she retains. :schierke:

Anyway, I think we'll have the old Casca back when she returns. That is to say, I don't think she'll be a wholly different "fresh start" character. She'll be the one we've known since the Golden Age, only with new experiences/trauma.

Still, there are many, many threads already discussing these ideas, such as these:

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=4669.0
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=1833.0
 

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

Badass mode ash said:
As she is now, is treats her as through she was her big sister, or even her mother(Not that she doesn't act the part of a needy child). How might this reflect in how she'll treat Farnese when when she is cured?

Who knows? It depends on a lot of things, the most important one being, like Walter said, the extent to which she'll remember what she went through while mentally impaired. In the end though, I think Casca and the others will get along well (assuming the group will go on a final journey after Elfhelm, and that she'll end up joining it). Farnese and her could be friends. I'm sure it'd be a strange experience for the both of them to have a female friend.

Oburi said:
I'm not sure but it'll be very weird. Casca might even resent Farnese a little because you know how independent and proud Casca is.

It'll definitely be a little awkward for everybody to see her real self at first, and she might need some time to adapt to all these new people (e.g. "Guts has moved on while I haven't, he's found new friends that know me but are strangers to me"), but I don't think it'll be all that weird. They all know she has a special mental condition, so when she's cured they shouldn't be all that surprised. As for resenting Farnese, I don't think that's in her temperament. She'll probably be embarrassed, though.

Ramen4ever said:
Didn't we learn that she felt like she was in a dream, from The Sword of Berserk dreamcast game? someone please verify.

Well, how about verifying yourself? There are many posts on the subject on the forum. Anyway, she indeed says she felt like she was in a dream in the game, but it might differ from how it's ultimately presented in the manga. At the very least it's probably going to be a little more complicated than that.

Ramen4ever said:
I seem to remember Miura-sensai saying something about how the DC game ties in to the whole story.

It's "sensei". And the truth is that the DC game was supposed to be officially integrated as a part of the storyline originally, although it didn't make it in the end. That's why we generally consider it to be semi-canon.

Ramen4ever said:
If it's true then she could awaken from the "dream" remembering all of it, bits and pieces, or none at all. I for one hope she remembers all of it and would love to see how her relationship with Guts develops. Her reaction to the group would also be interesting.. there is just so much potential for character development. If she remembers everything then I would suspect that Casca would be thankful to Farnese. However I think the more interesting question is what if Casca forgets everything? What if the price of healing her mind was that she forget her "entire" life? A completely fresh start. How would Guts feel if all her memories of him disappeared?

Yeah, those points have been well discussed in the past, like Walter remarked. I also hope that she'll remember her life previous to the trauma, as well as (at least) some glimpses of what she went through while mentally ill.

In any case, I think her character will quickly distinguish itself from her Golden Age self. What she went through will certainly have affected her deeply, and her new situation (the almost completely different world she will find herself in) should make for some extremely interesting reactions and character development.

And now I'm going a bit off topic, but I was just thinking that having her back at his side as a formidable character might be the edge Guts has been needing to become at peace with himself and confident enough to really defy Griffith and the God Hand, and to go through with it.
 
D

Duststorm

Guest
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

I guess it would be awkward at first between them since Farnese is use to treating her like a little child.
If Casca gets cured I wonder how she will react when she remembers the part with Guts biting her breast. I wonder how Guts is going to explain to her why he did it.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

Duststorm said:
If Casca gets cured I wonder how she will react when she remembers the part with Guts biting her breast. I wonder how Guts is going to explain to her why he did it.
3 years of constant torment and a sudden possession by a ghost will probably be enough of a circumstantial explanation for her. Not that she'll ask...
 

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

Duststorm said:
I wonder how Guts is going to explain to her why he did it.

"Well you were naked and covered in blood, and you know, with the Beast of Darkness and all that... A man has needs."
 
D

Duststorm

Guest
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

Aazealh said:
"Well you were naked and covered in blood, and you know, with the Beast of Darkness and all that... A man has needs."

:ganishka: Wow that is funny and disturbing at the same time but I am sure she will be very understanding :carcus:

Walter said:
3 years of constant torment and a sudden possession by a ghost will probably be enough of a circumstantial explanation for her. Not that she'll ask...

Wasn't he possess by a ghost when he was strangling her not when he bit her breast or do you mean that he will lie about it?
Unless she gets amnesia during the time she lost her sanity she will asks Guts about it. If you think about she will shocked to see Guts since he has horrible scars all over his body and if she remembers what happened before I think she would start to doubt if Guts is the same as he was 3 years ago. Because of that I think she would ask Guts about it.
 

CnC

Ad Oculos
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

Well this is going in a "How will Casca react to Guts"-tangent. I still think that Casca will not really remember what occurred subsequently after the eclipse, like it was a dream. But she will be inexplicably terrified of/hostile towards Guts :guts:

Anyways, as it relates to this thread, I think Farnese is going to go through a bit of a crisis as to her role now that Casca is capable of taking care of herself more-so than the other way around.
 
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

CnC said:
Anyways, as it relates to this thread, I think Farnese is going to go through a bit of a crisis as to her role now that Casca is capable of taking care of herself more-so than the other way around.

Yup, but she'll still have magic to fall back on. Who knows what she'll learn from Schierke in Elfhelm. She might even pick up some useful stuff from the magic users living there, too. I think she'll still be useful to the group and will realize her continued importance.
 
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

CnC said:
Well this is going in a "How will Casca react to Guts"-tangent. I still think that Casca will not really remember what occurred subsequently after the eclipse, like it was a dream. But she will be inexplicably terrified of/hostile towards Guts :guts:

Anyways, as it relates to this thread, I think Farnese is going to go through a bit of a crisis as to her role now that Casca is capable of taking care of herself more-so than the other way around.

Codependency?
 

CnC

Ad Oculos
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

Badass mode ash said:
Codependency?

If by responding to my post with one word you mean, "Farnese feels a sense of purpose in taking care of Casca", then yes. As Rhombaad said, though, Farnese is exploring her world further through magic, even briefly lashed out at Casca over Guts. So that relationship is evolving.
 

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

Badass mode ash said:
Codependency?

I don't think it would be correct to say so. The situation in the story doesn't really fit the definition of the term.
 
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

Aazealh said:
I don't think it would be correct to say so. The situation in the story doesn't really fit the definition of the term.

I see my mistake in posting that reply, sorry about that.
 
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

I'm putting my money on some animosity forming between a healed Casca and Farnese. Casca gets jealous pretty easily....we saw that when Guts was carrying the princess down towards Griffith's cell. We know Farnese is bothered with Casca's monopoly on Gut's feelings. Female Drama bomb.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

mike.william said:
I'm putting my money on some animosity forming between a healed Casca and Farnese. Casca gets jealous pretty easily....we saw that when Guts was carrying the princess down towards Griffith's cell. We know Farnese is bothered with Casca's monopoly on Guts feelings. Female Drama bomb.
Geez, I really hope not... Anyway, I don't think Farnese will ever pursue her fascination with Guts romantically, especially once Casca is back in the picture. That wouldn't be very in-character for her, in my opinion.
 

scarredsword

Have you ever killed anyone?
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

It would be great if Casca's mind could be restored, as I miss her the way she was. She was good enough to fight at Guts' side and now has to be babysat. I think her mind is still there, but is made latent by the trauma she suffered at Femto's hands. We saw her pick up the sword and defend herself from those guys who tried to rape her.

I don't think a restoration will go perfectly though. After all, this is Berserk, a story with virtually no chance for a happy ending. Perhaps she would be restored, but will continue to resent Guts for almost raping her. I'm certain something will go wrong and eliminate the chance for Guts to rekindle his relationship with her.
 

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

Scarred Sword said:
After all, this is Berserk, a story with virtually no chance for a happy ending.

I wouldn't say that. The tone of the story isn't completely despairing at the moment.
 

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

I would say that things are going suspiciously well in Wyndham right now, and Guts group appears to be reaching its goal as well.
 

Pistol

black heart with brown eyes
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

I think it's safe to say that at the moment she's very dependant on her (on an almost child-like innocent way), but if or when Casca reverts to her old self, she may either be resentful for being so "weak" or be slightly thankful, then again she's a rather prideful person...
 

Pistol

black heart with brown eyes
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

<_< (stifles an unrelated comment) you know Casca's one of the few unstereotypical bl-...anyhow! She may feel more bad about how she acted toward Guts!

Back on topic I think Farnese is sort of self-inflicting pain on herself for taking care of Casca (or at least inner turmoil) but then again she's gaining something also.
 
Re: How do you think Casca feels about Farnese?

Pistol said:
you know Casca's one of the few unstereotypical bl-
I think there's a thread somewhere debating on what she is. I remember walking away from it convinced (satisfied?) that she was Mediterranean.
Pistol said:
I think Farnese is sort of self-inflicting pain on herself for taking care of Casca
You mean "by" taking care of Casca right? I thought I was the only one thinking that, haha. ;)
 
Top Bottom