I wrote a Berserk song

So I wrote a song based on Griffith's perspective from his cell and then through the events til he sacrifices the band.

I wrote it in 2007.. and never recorded it.. remembered it now.. and recorded. This is my first post on this message board, so I guess I want to contribute in some way. I hope you enjoy it.

https://soundcloud.com/talkin-monkey/griffiths-song

Lyrics:

Everything falls dark and I don't see no light
Try to fall asleep but I can't close my eyes
In this dark abyss, retribution calls
And it stains my blood on the prison walls

But in my darkest hours as when lightning strikes
Crashing into my dreams he pierces through my mind
And wherever I go it always follows me
Envy and emptiness, friendship and loyalty

---

Stumbled on a stone on my chosen road
And my broken blade still lies in the snow
Stumbled on a stone and that stone was you
But I didn't know you would get me through

For an instant and an eternity
Through my iron mask I saw you come for me
Only to find remains of my broken self
Carried by your arms to the wishing well

---

On this path I walk, all the bricks you see
Each and everyone's been sacrificed for me
On this path I walk, you're just a cobblestone
And I can't carry you for I must walk alone

Oh, but you have yet to close your tiring eyes
Now keep up the speed no one's ever tried
Though the night has come I'll become its king
Come and find your place under my black wings

Plot Twist: I wrote this song when I was 17 years old, and now 7 years later I've come to fully appreciate it.. lol...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi RanShi, welcome to the forum!

You know, listening to your song, it's really pretty nice honestly. It's good you took the time to record it after all these years.

Thanks for sharing it with us! :guts:

Now thats quite an entrance, sir. Welcome! I really like that subtle tone. And some of those lines were fuckin' razor sharp :guts: Thanks for sharing!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! I want you to know how exceedingly rare it is for a fan project like this to have such a high quality. The lyrics work on multiple levels, they have a real rhythm to them, and --most importantly-- are well-written.

I'm really impressed. All this from the mind of a 17-year-old? Even more impressed.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Welcome to SK.NET, and thank you for this track! I really dig your talent, and I hope you keep sharing it with us.

Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate it alot. I never thought anyone would wanna listen to is, as I don't know any people who are into Berserk. And then I stumble across this website. I've also started listening to the podcast (which is great!) and I think it's really important that this community exists, can't believe I've been ignorant of it all this time. All in all I'm lookin forward to being an active member.

I got a bittersweet feeling while listening to your song. I really liked it!
Thank you for sharing it.

Hanma_Baki said:
Now thats quite an entrance, sir. Welcome! I really like that subtle tone. And some of those lines were fuckin' razor sharp :guts: Thanks for sharing!

Thanks dude. That really means alot :badbone: gotta reveal it though, many of the words and lines are taken from the scenes when Griffith is thinking about his imprisonment and Guts.. so it's not all made up!

Walter said:
Wow! I want you to know how exceedingly rare it is for a fan project like this to have such a high quality. The lyrics work on multiple levels, they have a real rhythm to them, and --most importantly-- are well-written.

I'm really impressed. All this from the mind of a 17-year-old? Even more impressed.

Thanks alot man. It's funny how you put some stuff on the shelf and then rediscover em.. I had a period back then when I actually dreamed, a frequenctly recurring dream, about being in that cell (as Griffith), and when I woke up I'd feel really really horrible, so I guess that's where I got the "feel" for the song. And as the song got completed, I didn't dream about it again.

Arles said:
I got a bittersweet feeling while listening to your song. I really liked it!
Thank you for sharing it.
Vodnak said:
That was definitely well written, nice work.
Nomad said:
Welcome to SK.NET, and thank you for this track! I really dig your talent, and I hope you keep sharing it with us.
Aazealh said:
Hi RanShi, welcome to the forum!

You know, listening to your song, it's really pretty nice honestly. It's good you took the time to record it after all these years.

Thanks for sharing it with us! :guts:

Thanks alot guys! Feels good to get this kind of response after keeping this song in a "closet" for so many years. Never thought anyone would actually care for it. Feelin' inspired to record and share some more of the berserk stuff I haven't dusted off yet.. :guts:

Top Bottom