Inktober illustration of Guts in Berserker Armor and the God Hand

sibir

Eternally internally screaming
tumblr_pfz1mbI7BI1rrb00xo1_540.jpg

Tribute piece to undoubtedly one of the greatest manga series ever. I used black Faber-Castell pens and a Prismacolor pen for the red. My favorite designs have to be Void, Ubik, and the Berserker Armor when influenced by Guts's Beast of Darkness. With those eyes sewn shut, exposed brain, and peeled back mouth, Void looks absolutely terrifying. The wolf is my favorite animal, so I instantly fell in love with the way the Beast of Darkness looks like the love child of Venom and a church grim. Ubik's my favorite God Hand member/(God Finger?). I find that evil squid blob creepy yet weirdly adorable. I plan to do a monochromatic blue drawing of just him and put that up here sometime.

Nice work! That's a cool, unique depiction of femto's "helmet." Is he falling apart? Or is the texture of Guts' cloak sort of being superimposed on him? Something else?

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Sibir, this is a great illustration, thanks for sharing with us! :ubik: I liked how you varied the linework, and the way you handled the flat side of the DS turned out pretty neat!

SleepersWake said:
Nice work! That's a cool, unique depiction of femto's "helmet." Is he falling apart? Or is the texture of Guts' cloak sort of being superimposed on him? Something else?

I might be wrong, but I think sibir is just showing the shine of his helmet, so maybe closer to your second guess?

SleepersWake said:
That's a cool, unique depiction of femto's "helmet." Is he falling apart? Or is the texture of Guts' cloak sort of being superimposed on him? Something else?

Seems to me like this is what sibir might have gone for

Edit: The manga panel, with the same kind of pronounced shading

d2f218a49b77ddf7b42c1bd9a17b399382284c49_hq.jpg

sibir

Eternally internally screaming
Thanks so much for liking the art! I really enjoyed drawing it. :beast:

I admit that I struggled somewhat with how to depict Femto's helmet. I was indeed going for the sharp shading in that screenshot and panel Bleac put up, though I probably made it look more fragmented than it really is, which is why SleepersWake may have made that comment about it breaking apart. The line patterns for Dragonslayer are the same for the eclipse. Honestly that could only work with a dying Faber-castell brush pen. (I need a new one so I can draw Zodd, who's very dark!) I really like how the fading whorls turned out.

Top Bottom