Kramer hates niggers!

Look out Mel, Michael Richards may have completely ruined what little is left of his career.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/20/richards.epithets.ap/index.html

michael_richards_freshintel.jpg

Of course, this post would be far from complete without the video proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T7uKvpzVXI

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The video was really embarassing... Richards is even more fucked than he was when Seinfeld went off the air.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Wow, I thought he made a few comments but from seeing the tape he blew his fucking lid!
VERY unprofessional. Not just the name calling but aren't comedians supposed to be immune to heckling? Isn't that one of the things the teach in..uh..comedian school?
Whats worse was him trying to justify himself later. The only excuse he could possibly come up with is alcohol or cocaine. Or maybe that he's a rascist.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't even watch the video, reading the article was enough. That's really disappointing to me, and it's hard to believe he was just irrationally angry seeing what he said. Pretty much sounded like he's a member of the KKK.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
I haven't watched the video yet, either, but I've read transcripts of the outburst. Why do these guys always turn out to be fucking racist nuts? It's going to be hard to watch UHF now, goddammit.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's almost like a real-life reinactment of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer "accidentally" burned the Puerto Rican flag :guts:
http://www.youtube.com/?v=fBZVarCbPQM

This also gives a new light to some episodes ...

JERRY: Oh look Elaine, the black and white cookie. I love the black and white. Two races of flavor living side by side [mumble?] It's a wonderful thing isn't it?

JERRY: Uhm, The thing about eating the Black and White cookie, Elaine, is you want to get some black and some white in each bite. Nothing mixes better than vanilla and chocolate And yet somehow racial harmony eludes us. If people would only look to the cookie all our problems would be solved.

ELAINE: What's the matter with you?
JERRY: Uh, I don't feel so good.
ELAINE: What's wrong?
JERRY: My stomach, I , I think it was that cookie.
ELAINE: The black and white?
JERRY: Yeah.
ELAINE: Not getting along?
JERRY: I think I got David Duke and Fahrikan down there.
ELAINE: Well if we can't look to the cookie where can we look?
JERRY: I feel like I'm going to throw up.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, I have seen all the videos and read everything and what I come away with is yada yada yada. It's really not that shocking (the video itself), as much as an opportunity for everyone to hop on the "OMG RACISIM! :isidro:" highhorse. I mean, unlike Mel Gibson, nobody gave two shits about Michael Richards anymore until this, now he's headline news for a week as if he's the President or something? He's basically just some guy (the hecklers were pretty on point wth their parting shots). And, while he's totally indefensible here (and oddly defenseless in his excuses), I can totally see how someone trying to insult and hurt someone they feel had wronged them would go after that person's race, it's a no brainer, especially with blacks and the N word since, as we can see here, it's literally like setting off a social nuclear bomb (of course, don't do it unless you don't mind taking everybody out with it and being remembered for that). In any case, you still have to cop to the fact that what you were spouting was obviously hate speech, and it was your intention to be hurtful and inflict that pain (maybe he should hire me as his PR guy, because that's a lot more honest and believable than what I've been hearing). Anyway, maybe it's because I grew up in an integrated setting, but people's racisim in and of itself doesn't really bother me (it can sure be embarassing and unseemly, but it's there, so deal with it). I think as a society we've become too intolerant of the apparent intolerance of others, maybe because it makes us feel better about ourselves. On that note, I kind of think black people should hate white people anyway; I mean, I would. =)

That said, I can't wait for the Law & Order episode. Hopefully, they can actually get Michael Richards to play the role, BUT, as Kramer! Afterall, the headlines all say 'Kramer' anyway, and it's the perfect storm for a Seinfeld/Law & Order crossover.

After getting out of prison, and numerous failed ventures, Kramer decides to follow in his friend Jerry's footsteps and become a stand up comedian. So, one night in a New York comedy club, Kramer is mocked by some black hecklers, goes off on the tirade, and we all know the rest. EXCEPT, of course, in the criminal justice system we all know and love, there's gotta be a murder outside the club afterward, and it's gotta turn out to be directly related to the prior events in the club that night, making Kramer criminally negligent in inciting a hate crime, at least in McCoy's eyes! Will the jury agree!? Go get him, McCoy! :guts:

BTW, do you think their kicking themselves for already using Chevy Chase for the Gibson story, or do you think they'll now count that episode for both incidents since it's brilliant casting after the fact?

"Griffith No More!" said:
Well, I have seen all the videos and read everything and what I come away with is yada yada yada. It's really not that shocking (the video itself), as much as an opportunity for everyone to hop on the "OMG RACISIM! :isidro:" highhorse. I mean, unlike Mel Gibson, nobody gave two shits about Michael Richards anymore until this, now he's headline news for a week as if he's the President or something? He's basically just some guy (the hecklers were pretty on point wth their parting shots). And, while he's totally indefensible here (and oddly defenseless in his excuses), I can totally see how someone trying to insult and hurt someone they feel had wronged them would go after that person's race, it's a no brainer, especially with blacks and the N word since, as we can see here, it's literally like setting off a social nuclear bomb (of course, don't do it unless you don't mind taking everybody out with it and being remembered for that). In any case, you still have to cop to the fact that what you were spouting was obviously hate speech, and it was your intention to be hurtful and inflict that pain (maybe he should hire me as his PR guy, because that's a lot more honest and believable than what I've been hearing). Anyway, maybe it's because I grew up in an integrated setting, but people's racisim in and of itself doesn't really bother me (it can sure be embarassing and unseemly, but it's there, so deal with it). I think as a society we've become too intolerant of the apparent intolerance of others, maybe because it makes us feel better about ourselves. On that note, I kind of think black people should hate white people anyway; I mean, I would. =)

Had Richards stopped after a few comments I would agree that it wasn't that big of a deal, and blown out of proportion like countless other stories in the media, but he was a complete jackass. I have seen the video a few times and even now I can only grin and shake my head when I watch it.

Even if he isn't talked about much anymore, it's always interesting for viewers to see a has been make a special return to television, for good or bad. Our lovable Kramer is a perfect candidate to return briefly to fame as everybody still knows who he is. I have to admit when I saw him apologise on Letterman I did feel pretty sorry for him, it would be a shame to let it put a dark cloud over his whole career.

Having said that I saw this video while browsing youtube one fine day and found a video by a few of the audience members talking about what happened on some talk show;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVmtEqC6Fmc&NR

I have to admit I'm a bit sickened by those two in all honesty. I mean one of the guys are in tears by the end, the guys actually crying! Jesus does he cry if he accidentally burns his in the mornings? All I see is are these two money grubbers thinking "try to cry, try to cry then we can get moneys", further exploiting the situation for personal gain, which is clarified with that lawyer bitch or whoever dramatising the situation more than they are. One of her quotes that stood out to me was;

Well we think after he hears the pain that he has inflicted on them, he should listen to the recommendations of a retired judge as to how much compensation he should pay to them.

Now I could only assume if I was in that audience and black, it would undoubtedly be offensive, but he's just some stupid cracker who made an ass of himself in front of the world so the jokes on him. Seriously who would be coming out of that comedy club with more pain? Two black guys who are insulted by a pissed off comedian, or the comedian who comes out hated by half of the world? But no, they're acting like bloody rape victims and I think it's pathetic.

From what they said regarding their version of the story, I think they're have made themselves sound more innocent for the media. Maybe I'm wrong but I would expect Richards heard more than a bit of loud talking in the audience to react so badly, people talking in the audience probably happens often to comedians on stage, they were probably being fairly obnoxious and heckling away.

It doesn't of course make what Richards said as Justified, but Isn't it interesting that nothing before Richards saying "Shut up!" is shown on the video? These guys seem dodge to me.... especially the one on the right.

Shit I hope I don't get sued for posting this.

CnC

Ad Oculos
the video is done with a camera phone, which I'm pretty sure only came on as soon as Richards started shouting. So theres a chance that nothing of what the heckling contained was recorded.

Comedians get heckled all the time. The good ones make it a part of their act. The bad ones, well...

As far as being liable for this, I don't think theres much of a case against Richards. He probably won't be on stage again any time soon (mostly to do with bad press rather than moral reasons, as Richards was back on stage the next night until this blew up), but I doubt its going to go much further than that. But even going as far as to say his career is over (well, what little of it there was) is a bit much, as people have bounced back from worse.

Honestly I'm kind of tired of hearing about it. Surely there must be more important things going on in the world...

CnC said:
Comedians get heckled all the time. The good ones make it a part of their act. The bad ones, well...

Aside from playing Kramer, Mr. Richards pretty much failed at everything else. I guess it's all part of the "Seinfeld Curse" package.

CnC said:
Honestly I'm kind of tired of hearing about it. Surely there must be more important things going on in the world...

Well, in other news, a man by the name of Sean Bell was shot to death by police. According to the newspapers, cops fired 50 shots.

THAT's 50 MOTHERFUCKING BULLETS!!!!! :isidro:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the shooting victim also happened to be an unarmed black man on the way to his own wedding.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
BayJumper said:
Aside from playing Kramer, Mr. Richards pretty much failed at everything else. I guess it's all part of the "Seinfeld Curse" package.

Well, in other news, a man by the name of Sean Bell was shot to death by police. According to the newspapers, cops fired 50 shots.

THAT's 50 MOTHERFUCKING BULLETS!!!!! :isidro:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the shooting victim also happened to be an unarmed black man on the way to his own wedding.
You are corret about that but only about 23 actually hit the car that he was in. Nice aiming there officers. :troll:

EDIT: ALso this whole Krammer thing reminds me of an old late 70's movie called "The Kentuky Fried" Movie. There was a part in there where they are talking about dare devils and stunt men who put their lives in danger for our entertainment... Then it goes to a scene where this guy named Rex is going to be looking death right in the mouth...

Its this guy in an all white jump suit with a white helmet who is in the streets of Harlem... he goes right into the middle of a craps game with like 5 black guys... steps on all their stuff and yells.... NIIIIIIGERS! and runs off... they run after him and the scene ends!

Funny stuff... :guts:

Griffith

I'm glad Sparnage replied, I thought I'd KOed another thread. And yeah, Kramer needs to shut up, he's being a big phony and a wuss (he sounds like OJ talking about the real killers, like this just fell in his lap), and the two hecklers are scumbags. This is basically bringing out the worst in everybody.

Ugh, and that, of course, means it's brought out Jesse "Where's the camera at?" Jackson.

BayJumper said:

You also forgot to mention he was actually leaving a shady strip club being staked out by undercover cops and that they hit the unmarked police car. Not exactly on the way to his wedding, more like the worst luck I've ever heard; but it sounds more outrageous your way.

Speaking of ignorance, have we heard the the races of the officers involved? I'm surprised there hasn't been a race riot over this already, but if it was all white cops... yikes.

CnC

Ad Oculos
You also forgot to mention he was actually leaving a shady strip club being staked out by undercover cops and that they hit the unmarked police car. Not exactly on the way to his wedding, more like the worst luck I've ever heard; but it sounds more outrageous your way.

You guys forgot to mention that it was 5 cops that fired the 50 shots, and it seems about 30 or so were done by the one of them. Thats a whole new level of ridiculous.

Griffith

Five? Shit, that's a lot. I assumed it was just 2 or 3. This seems more reasonable now. =)

But yeah, 30? What was he packing? Sounds like a reload.

You know, for all those shots, 2 of the guys are still alive; they technically didn't shoot them enough, not the other way around. :guts:

CnC said:
You guys forgot to mention that it was 5 cops that fired the 50 shots, and it seems about 30 or so were done by the one of them. Thats a whole new level of ridiculous.

The pistols that the NYPD cops used were semi-automatic, so as long as they keep on squeezing the triggers, that shit just keeps on firing bullets till the whole clip is runs empty. And with that, cops don't seem to need to make _every_shot_count_, like they do with the limited-round revolvers. That's why out of 50 bullets fired, only 23 actually ended up reaching the mark.

CnC

Ad Oculos
BayJumper said:
The pistols that the NYPD cops used were semi-automatic, so as long as they keep on squeezing the triggers, that shit just keeps on firing bullets till the whole clip is runs empty. And with that, cops don't seem to need to make _every_shot_count, like they do with limited round revolvers. That's why out of 50 bullets fired, only 23 actually ended up reaching the mark.

Cops are trained to fire 3 times then assess the situation. Unloading your entire clip is completely reckless, and unloading at least 2 clips is downright irresponsible (to say the least).

Griffith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmsTb_jmqb4

I was waiting, and it was only a matter of time. Thanks National Lampoon.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Oh yeah, go ahead and take THE MONKEY'S side... :troll: Classic cheeseball edit. I loved it.

He did a great job in such a short amount of time. ;D

Anyway, maybe it's because I grew up in an integrated setting, but people's racisim in and of itself doesn't really bother me (it can sure be embarassing and unseemly, but it's there, so deal with it). I think as a society we've become too intolerant of the apparent intolerance of others, maybe because it makes us feel better about ourselves. On that note, I kind of think black people should hate white people anyway; I mean, I would. =)

BTW In regards to that comment, you might find this little video of this Patrice O'Neal guy interesting. I know I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Bj4fywCBo&NR

Griffith

Sparnage said:
BTW In regards to that comment, you might find this little video of this Patrice O'Neal guy interesting. I know I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Bj4fywCBo&NR

Great, my philosopher.

Well, he almost got it right (except he was too specific to white people and not just everybody, and he was acting like a crazy black guy; though, all that pretty much perfectly illustrates my point about universal racisim =), but he can't contend on these issues with righteous white pseudo-intellectuals. They're certainly too highly evolved to see things racially, which is apalling to their noble sensibilities. They've never thought anything racial in they're lives and see no distinction between whites and blacks, even their skin; they're literally color blind so that they can evaluate human beings on what really defines their worth; whether they're rich or poor. =)

CnC

Ad Oculos
I think I understand what he was trying to say, but man did he ever do a bad job saying it. And, yea, during some parts of that he just came off as a crazy black guy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
They're certainly too highly evolved to see things racially, which is apalling to their noble sensibilities. They've never thought anything racial in they're lives and see no distinction between whites and blacks, even their skin; they're literally color blind so that they can evaluate human beings on what really defines their worth; whether they're rich or poor. =)

Sounds just like me, except I evaluate people on the nobility of their soul. Well, either that or on how much they know about Berserk. Same thing. :troll:

Top Bottom