Long lost returns...

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Well, I've been away for a looong time, probably so long that most of you people doesn't even remember who I am anymore. *grins*

Mostly I've been busying myself with the Skaven site I'm moderating, but recently I've had this urge to get back into berserk. Okay, to be honest a friend of mine recently fell in love with the manga and got me back to the recent issues online.

Now seeing as how I've missed quite a few of the raws, I've been up and down the bloody net trying to track them down. IRC failed me, and I'm not touching Bit torrent and the like with a ten foot pole (talk about unsafe!), so I was wondering whether anyone knew of another place to get the following raws?

239, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248

I'm just wondering... and yes, I checked the current issues section of course, that's where I usually get all the stuff. BUT, seeing as how the raws get pulled after a short time, I haven't managed to find them all.

So if anyone could help me, I would be more than grateful, if not I'll just have to curse and wait for vol 28 at the end of february I guess... And vol 29 after that... agh! Too slow!

Have fun out there everyone!

And it's great to be back.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Happy Birthday!!! ;D
hybridhappybirthday8py.jpg

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Fishbomb! It's been a long time, welcome back!

I think I have most of those chapters on my hard drive and CD's, but I have a really slow connection here at home. Once I get back to school (and a much faster connection speed) though, it wouldn't be out of the question to send them your way. :)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
kimchan said:
Well, she's not asking about scanlations and she's not a "noob"...

So that means she has the right to ask for scans, because she's not asking for scanlations? Other people have asked for raws before and they were flamed. I don't see why she should be an exception.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I don't see why she should be an exception.
Well, it is her birthday and all. ;D
We should at least be courtious. ;)
On top of that, it is the holidays after all. :)

Anyway, who could forget a Topic like this. ;D

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Headless Death said:
Well, it is her birthday and all. ;D
We should at least be courtious. ;)
On top of that, it is the holidays after all. :)

Don't think you quite understand the section known as Shootin' the breeze... Courtious? Not here. :-*

Fishbomb

Well, first of all, thanks a lot everyone!

The issues have been taken care of, thanks for all the kind offers and the welcome backs *grins*

And hey, Vampire Hunter Bob, feel free to flame me all you like, wouldn't expect anything else.

Just to make matters clear, I did not assume that I had the right to anything, and I'm sorry if I came across as demanding stuff. I just wondered if someone felt like sharing, isn't this what we do on the net? Share stuff with each other? I've done the same for people back when I was more on top of things.

Perhaps it's just me spending too much time elsewhere, but I remember a time when people here actually were polite even to the new people (I detest 'elite' speech) who asked stupid questions, discussed things that had been talked about before, and dared to ask for the *gasp/shock/horror* scanlations.

I mean, saying no is one thing, but it doesn't cost a thing to be polite about it. All that being rude does is make people go away and never be seen again, giving this site a reputation that it really doesn't deserve, because there's a lot of great people here.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Fishbomb said:
And hey, Vampire Hunter Bob, feel free to flame me all you like, wouldn't expect anything else.

When have I ever been known for being a troll? I'm just bring up the fact all the trolls start their holy crusade of flaming once someone asks for scans. It's a double standard when everyone is all nice and happy to help you out but when someone else asks they are flamed to hell and back.

I just wondered if someone felt like sharing, isn't this what we do on the net? Share stuff with each other? I've done the same for people back when I was more on top of things.

You have friends here that would have been more then happy to send you the raws, you don't need to just start a topic thinking no one is going to remember you from a couple months back. Bah Griffith, random person, and I would have been more then happy to send you them if you were to pm one of us.

Perhaps it's just me spending too much time elsewhere, but I remember a time when people here actually were polite ...

You sound a lot alike some random person’s parent talking about how good everything was "back then" specially back then was never very polite in the first place.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned I don’t really have a lot of time to spend on my compy. So bye everyone. If anyone asks fill them in Griff.

Fishbomb

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
When have I ever been known for being a troll? I'm just bring up the fact all the trolls start their holy crusade of flaming once someone asks for scans. It's a double standard when everyone is all nice and happy to help you out but when someone else asks they are flamed to hell and back.

Sorry, didn't mean you personally. I just meant that I thought I might end up getting flamed if I asked about this in a topic. As for other people having a double standard, that's really not something I can answer.

You have friends here that would have been more then happy to send you the raws, you don't need to just start a topic thinking no one is going to remember you from a couple months back. Bah Griffith, random person, and I would have been more then happy to send you them if you were to pm one of us.

Well, I'm glad that is the case. But to be honest I thought this felt like a less 'offensive' way of doing it. To send off several PM's asking for it felt... I dunno... a lot more like I was expecting people to give it to me. I'd rather risk the flaming. Besides, I did not know who still had the raws on their PC, or who had the time or the will to send it off. Sorry if I stepped on people's toes here...

You sound a lot alike some random person’s parent talking about how good everything was "back then" specially back then was never very polite in the first place.

*laughs* Well, I tend to remember the good parts more than the bad parts, so maybe I remember wrong. Then again I sigh wistfully for the good old days of DOS so maybe you have a point there *grins*

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
Fishbomb said:
Well, I've been away for a looong time, probably so long that most of you people doesn't even remember who I am anymore. *grins*

I do remember you and i m glad that one of the most interesting members is back!

btw this isn t your first come back on this board, right!?^^

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned I don’t really have a lot of time to spend on my compy. So bye everyone. If anyone asks fill them in Griff.
:-[ you'll be missed. Until next time Bob :'(

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Welcome back fish

But I agree with Bob. Not aimed at you fishbomb, I just think this site is demonstrating the word "hippocite" at its best.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
See ya Bob, I take it your going to that place. ;DGood luck to you but you shouldnt have anything to worry about, it will be just like summercamp, except easier.... hehehehehe.....

See ya later Bob! 8)

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
DemonX said:
Welcome back fish

But I agree with Bob. Not aimed at you fishbomb, I just think this site is demonstrating the word "hippocite" at its best.

You could at least spell it right you know. ;)

I really don't understand what it was she did that was so terrible. She looked in the appropriate places before she ever asked anyone and couldn't find what she was looking for, so she asked politely and didn't demand anything. Not to mention that she is a longstanding member of this board.

But hey, I guess you guys at least have a nice view from your high horses.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
kimchan said:
You could at least spell it right you know.  ;)

I really don't understand what it was she did that was so terrible.  She looked in the appropriate places before she ever asked anyone and couldn't find what she was looking for, so she asked politely and didn't demand anything.  Not to mention that she is a longstanding member of this board. 

They're not criticizing her, Kimchan, they're criticizing me and my ilk, and they're absolutely right. =)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
kimchan said:
You could at least spell it right you know.  ;)

I really don't understand what it was she did that was so terrible.  She looked in the appropriate places before she ever asked anyone and couldn't find what she was looking for, so she asked politely and didn't demand anything.  Not to mention that she is a longstanding member of this board. 

Just to add an exclamation to what griff said...

But hey, why couldn't you stand up for every person who has ever asked for scans?

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3869.0

You could at least spell it right you know.

Its the spellcheck... I swear its messed up somehow  :'(

Edit: I would like to add one more thing

Headless Death said:

Um... you talk as if you were around at the time ::)

Fishbomb

Agh! I can't believe I forgot about teh SkuLL LoRD!!!!

*has brief fit of alternating panic/hilarity*

He's... *carefully looks around* ... not around any more, is he? *grins*

And yeah, I'll try to stick around about more this time. Being running an online campaign and being a mod on another site, so I've been busy pursuing other interests (ratties!)

And yeah, it is indeed my second return to this site....

As for hypocrisy (what a great band)...

I didn't take it to be aimed at me.

But really... I don't see it as the least bit strange to do a thing (like provide raws) for a person I know, that I wouldn't do for someone I just met and that had appeared on the site (and hadn't even bothered to register).

Or perhaps that's just me *smiles*

I have a lot of 'double standards' like that.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Fishbomb said:
Agh! I can't believe I forgot about teh SkuLL LoRD!!!!

*has brief fit of alternating panic/hilarity*

He's... *carefully looks around* ... not around any more, is he? *grins*
He's identity was revealed by himself.

Raw data is not the main problem Fishbomb... It's just that in the past there has been people asking for it, and getting their asses chewed up. Everybody here has a different view of things when it comes to scans or raw data. It's nothing personal, just an invisible law in this community. No big deal, so let's just carry on.

8)

Top Bottom