New Berserk Anime for 2016

DANGERDOOOOM

"He was a strange man. Somehow inhuman..."
Here are the other 3 out of 4 bonus posters included with the purchasing of Volume 2 (all unimpressive except the last, and even that one feels a bit off):



 

Mammon

Mangoku army
Thank you DANGERDOOOOM :daiba:



Guts can now use his arm-cannon without pulling the string with his teeth? :???:

But seriously, this one could have been nice but way too bright... For a split second I thought it was :puck: doing his attack in the middle of the drawing ^^' maybe it will look better on paper.

I don't like Guts face in the last one, even if indeed the composition of the picture could be worse.
And in the first one, Casca and Puck look terrible, Isidro is weird, and unless it's supposed to be in-movement, Guts pose is kinda awkward, and the background doesn't help.

Meh/10

I'm trying to like all this new Berserk stuff, but everything associated with the 2016 anime just seems to suck/be underwhelming.
I would have seriously paid good money for a quality adaptation and nice editions with new/extended scenes and stuff (like I did with LOTR and usually do with my favorites anime anyway), and happily...
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
DANGERDOOOOM said:
Here are the other 3 out of 4 bonus posters included with the purchasing of Volume 2 (all unimpressive except the last, and even that one feels a bit off)
Man, these really aren't very good. Can't even be compared to those Miura did.
 
Aazealh said:
Man, these really aren't very good. Can't even be compared to those Miura did.
Yeah, even the poses are pretty uninspired.

I'm hoping that they at least uncensor it and remove the credits from the end scenes of ep 3 and 12. Maybe with some luck, they'll go back and polish a little bit and fix some of the awful sound effects early on in the series. Maybe even the music. But that feels like wasted hope.
 

DANGERDOOOOM

"He was a strange man. Somehow inhuman..."
Mammon said:
I'm trying to like all this new Berserk stuff, but everything associated with the 2016 anime just seems to suck/be underwhelming.
I think most people who read the manga would agree with you. The face of this man accurately portrays me whenever I view any new official (non-Miura) Berserk anime art. I try to be happy, but it's just not the same.

ApostleBob said:
Yeah, even the poses are pretty uninspired.

I'm hoping that they at least uncensor it and remove the credits from the end scenes of ep 3 and 12. Maybe with some luck, they'll go back and polish a little bit and fix some of the awful sound effects early on in the series. Maybe even the music. But that feels like wasted hope.
Still not worth $200
 

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
This was posted on Reddit and thought it was interesting.



Allegedly this is a comparison of the bluray version (left) and the version that we initially received (right).
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gamehowitzer said:
So they still didnt fix most of the problems we had with it in the first place.
Eh I dunno, this looks like a promising improvement to me:



Of course, it's not as if facial detail and expression was THE ONLY problem this animation had. But if they can fix some of the more wooden and poorly animated expressions, that certainly make for a better experience.
 
jackson_hurley said:
Farnese found herself some nipples for the blue-ray.
It looks like my boycott worked!

Seriously though, I admire them for constantly trying to make a better and better product. I know everyone shits on them, and they definitely deserve it, but they're at least trying. To me it seems like it's an issue of ability not intent. They're essentially the opposite of the people who made the trilogy films.
 

DANGERDOOOOM

"He was a strange man. Somehow inhuman..."
The main issue for me is that Guts still doesn't look like himself. His thin, elongated face makes him look awkward.

Gamehowitzer said:
Well one thing they still haven't fixed is guts. His face is just... there's something wrong there.
Oops, didn't see your post. But I second this.
 

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
The S02 board is currently locked but my question is more about S01 anyway. ANN features the Japanese anime sales charts each week, sourced from Oricon. I never Berserk 2016 on them and typing out ベルセルク aka. Berserk on Oricon itself only gives me all the possible discs to buy. Does anyone know the sales figures? Thanks in advance.
(A show is usually seen as a hit with sales over 10k, if the budget wasn´t out of proportion, but approaching that number is good too.)
 
residentgrigo said:
The S02 board is currently locked but my question is more about S01 anyway. ANN features the Japanese anime sales charts each week, sourced from Oricon. I never Berserk 2016 on them and typing out ベルセルク aka. Berserk on Oricon itself only gives me all the possible discs to buy. Does anyone know the sales figures? Thanks in advance.
(A show is usually seen as a hit with sales over 10k, if the budget wasn´t out of proportion, but approaching that number is good too.)
According to someanithing.com, it sold 803 copies: http://www.someanithing.com/5724/comment-page-1#comment-76309
I'm not sure if this was for the first or second BD box set for season 1, but in any case it sold horribly :ubik:
 
residentgrigo said:
The S02 board is currently locked but my question is more about S01 anyway. ANN features the Japanese anime sales charts each week, sourced from Oricon. I never Berserk 2016 on them and typing out ベルセルク aka. Berserk on Oricon itself only gives me all the possible discs to buy. Does anyone know the sales figures? Thanks in advance.
(A show is usually seen as a hit with sales over 10k, if the budget wasn´t out of proportion, but approaching that number is good too.)
Vol.1 ranked 54 with 803 copies sold on its 1st week.
http://www.oricon.co.jp/prof/34386/products/1194942/1/
http://katsu.ula.cc/test/read.cgi/piropiro320jp/1432224768/423-424

Vol.2 ranked 119 on its 1st week. 1st week sales number are unknown due to ranking below 100.
http://www.oricon.co.jp/prof/34386/products/1194945/1/
 

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Hitoshura said:
Vol.1 ranked 54 with 803 copies sold on its 1st week.
http://www.oricon.co.jp/prof/34386/products/1194942/1/
http://katsu.ula.cc/test/read.cgi/piropiro320jp/1432224768/423-424

Vol.2 ranked 119 on its 1st week. 1st week sales number are unknown due to ranking below 100.
http://www.oricon.co.jp/prof/34386/products/1194945/1/
Well no Wonder it got that kind of ranking. Sad though, but I guess this is what you get when you do a shitty adaptation... :sad:
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Well no Wonder it got that kind of ranking. Sad though, but I guess this is what you get when you do a shitty adaptation... :sad:
Not only that -- a shitty adaptation streamed for free in Japan, then sold on disc for an insane-people-only price.
 

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
Not only that -- a shitty adaptation streamed for free in Japan, then sold on disc for an insane-people-only price.
Indeed, that pricing was a bit ridiculous and by a bit I meant a lot...

True thing is, I would I have buy it at some point, but not at that price. Definitely not worth my money for the moment.
 
Top Bottom