Old volumes, new covers

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You can see on Amazon Japan how some of the older volumes are being reissued (digitally only, so far) using the new cover wrap elements.

new37.png

new36.png

new35.png

I couldn't find any others that are doing this at the moment. It's a small detail, but the "reissue" version of these recent volumes aligns with where Hakusensha-E's digital editions had stopped. They've had 1-34 available digitally for about 2 years now, but hadn't done the newer ones. So, now Amazon is selling Kindle editions of these newer volumes, and I guess the publisher decided to throw on a new coat of paint?

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Interesting. I wonder how long until the old covers are replaced physically. I'd really like to have a full run of the original covers before they are cycled out.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Delta Phi said:
Interesting. I wonder how long until the old covers are replaced physically. I'd really like to have a full run of the original covers before they are cycled out.

Yeah I need to re-buy some of my volumes because they've been read too many times. I should have bought two copies of each. Hehe

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I still really wish they'd drop the bird and smoke...
As for the collection aspect, I don't really mind. I might get volume 1 again for the new cover illustration, but the design itself? Who cares if it's different.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I also don't like how busy the title portion of the new covers is. And that smoke covering up the lettering... are we sure it hasn't been renamed to REBSEBK?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
My perfectionist collector is dying inside.

https://twitter.com/berserk_project/status/743655243435515906

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
Not sure if bright saturated colours work on the titles individually, but it looks nice in the context of the whole series together on a shelf. I'm interested in that Puck image on the back of 30, i don't recognise it. Could be that we'll get some new art out of these redesigns!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, Uriel!

That looks like a new image on the back. Wonder if they'll change the inside jacket images too.

That Puck illustration looks nice!

I haven't had the chance to own a Japanese Berserk volume yet, so i guess i will just go with these. Besides the title and the smoke, I'm actually fine with the borders.

More than anything, I'm curious to see if there will be more new stuff like that Puck illustration which we hadn't seen yet.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Squiddot said:
I'm interested in that Puck image on the back of 30, i don't recognise it.

It's new. To be fair the old one was really old.

Mangetsu said:
More than anything, I'm curious to see if there will be more new stuff like that Puck illustration which we hadn't seen yet.

I doubt it. Except maybe a new illustration on the dust jacket of volume 1.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Walter said:
My precious spines... :judo:

I know that feel.

Years of collecting. Beautiful bookshelves of uniform manga spines, like pretty maids all in a row... like.. pretty.. maids... :judo:

I'll be walking into the bookstore with a heavy heart next week when the next volume comes out.

Top Bottom