Oniri Creations - Berserk line

Ordered EX, was about to get 1/4 Femto but love the concept more and often thought of change from 1/4 to 1/6.

@
Branded_Saiyan27:

Oh man I just heard a totally different opinion of their customer service etc., it was all positive. I would HATE if they said to me to glue it, I think it's a no go for a company. I know Oniris ES are still very low but they have to have replacements or just parts of it for customers.

For 1/6 scale I think this looks good. Being that I already own Prime 1 Femto I will be passing on this, but for the price I may pick up bandaged/tortured Griffith. He looks good, but I can attest to what you said about Oniri as a company. My buddy owns their death note statue and the paint is actually good, but it arrived to him broken and their response was to "glue it". When I spend 100's of dollars on a statue the last thing I want from customer service is to tell me to glue something...

As someone getting the zodd and guts statue, this scares the ever living shit out of me.

as for this statue, I already have maxfactory femto, and it’s a 1/6 scale too, so I definitely won’t pick up Femto. But I might pick up Griffith.

it’s kind of a blessing and and curse that basically every Femto statue is very similar, all with him inside the egg, the the redish base. Means that the Griffith piece should match fine with Max Factory, Prime 1, even the super old 1/6 Femto Kit, etc.

Feel like Griffith should have been a bit cheaper tho. Small statue, and it’ll probably end up running about $350 with shipping.

Oh man I just heard a totally different opinion of their customer service etc., it was all positive. I would HATE if they said to me to glue it, I think it's a no go for a company. I know Oniris ES are still very low but they have to have replacements or just parts of it for customers.

Yeah the "glue it" answer always seemed like something you would get from an unlicensed studios CS. Anyway I should have prefaced that with saying my buddy received his statue through a reseller and not direct through Oniri, so I'm unsure if that was the resllers response or Oniris.

As someone getting the zodd and guts statue, this scares the ever living shit out of me.

I don't mean to scare anyone. See my above comment, hopefully that puts you a little bit at ease.

it’s kind of a blessing and and curse that basically every Femto statue is very similar, all with him inside the egg, the the redish base. Means that the Griffith piece should match fine with Max Factory, Prime 1, even the super old 1/6 Femto Kit, etc.

I went with Prime 1 because I love the larger scale and I'm collecting other statues from that line so they will all match with their bases and what not. I also think prime 1 has superior paint apps in comparison to the rest, and I'm a big fan of the way they did the faces on the base. There's depth to them and each one is different form the last. Lots of detail.

Ok ty. I've just researched a bit more and yeah there were some "got my statue broken on arrival" etc but no more complains as for most other studios. The majority of customers were very happy with their customer service and quality in general.

Even though I love the P1 line too I think Oniri's 1/6 line could be my perfect Berserk Statue line and I think of selling my 1/4 Berserk line because of a few reasons:
1. Prices of them (or Statue buisness in general) did skyrocket the last 2 years, especially shipping. Inc. Custom fees it's just too much these days and it will take years for them (if ever) that they'll rent a warehouse in europe.
2. They take too much place, especially the fuck**g boxes, you need an own garage just for them.
3. Most pieces fall under retail after release, what makes in even more ridiculous to PO them in the EU, some ES are just too high too.

But this is just MY POF, if someone is still able to get the whole line of P1 it is one hell of a display =).
I'm far from selling mine now, it depends on how Oniri continues the line. At least I need Guts BS, Guts Berserker Armor and Reborn Griffith but I'm looking forward more cause they take less place and are cheaper, would love to have the whole Team or a few pre-eclipse charas too.

Price point on both those statues is actually decent. Not a fan of Femto's pose to be honest.

Loving the designs but I've heard really bad feedback about Oniri for their Death Note statue (2 years to come out after delays, came in broken for many, sloppy paint, hassle to contact (see here)) so I might pass.

Oh boy, thanks for sharing that link. Pretty bad/ messy customer support.

Didn't like Femto's bandy leg pose and the amount of P1 rip off is a bit shameless.

With that said, I did pick up fallen/tortured Griffith. I think he will go perfect with my P1 Femto and there really aren't too many statues of this form of Griffith on the market. I think AOW did one a long time ago. The price wasn't too bad either.

Oniri Announces Zodd.

oAVFbto.jpg

looking forward for the reveal, maybe I get if itÄs good but I have to agree that the blood seems weird to me, like Atocas said, such effect often used in other Anime Statues, don't know if it will fit in here too. IMO it would have been better without. Why does the blood splash backwards ? Did he cut off someones head and swings the axe back to cut another one?

I don't hate the idea but in practice that blood effect does look off. Fingers crossed we get a swap out arm of some sort.

125245221_3528908537190342_5056450611573278262_o.jpg

I'm divided, I love the dynamic pose and the muscle work so far, sculpt seems to be great but I'm still unsure of the blood. As we can see there are no switch outs for the arms. It only makes sense if he did a cross slash, swinging his arms backwards after doing it and twists his fists too. But the blood is my only gripe so far, IMO it's not necessary at all but I'm looking forward to see the final pictures...

Last edited:
Indeed, it looks kinda weird, like something you'd see on a mainstream Anime statue.
Not that I'm an expert in these things, but to me that translucent plastic-looking texture is more reminiscent of something like a low quality figma figure rather than a statue.

Also, the angle/ flow of the blood makes little sense if you consider his handgrip and the suggested motion of the swing.
My guess would be that it's supposed to convey the explosive speed of Zodd's attack just as he's about to swing forward in an arc, leaving the blood on the weapons trailing behind, but it's excessive either way. It almost looks like someone threw two blood-filled water balloons at him.

I think it could also mean that with his arms stretched out (if you consider it to be the beginning of his swing), he's already actively killing whatever is next to him.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Either way it doesn't make sense in the context of the statue. If he's just cut off a head somehow (or is in the process of cutting one) and is pivoting his body, there should be a flying head to accompany that blood effect.

They teased two more pics, looks promising, love the details on the base and Zodd's "glowing" red eyes. There is at least a dead Daka, would explain the blood on the blades. They know that there isn't a panel where Zodd actively killed a Daka but it's a little "artistic freedom", P1 did same with the Berserker Armor base... Guess I will order if the rest is good...

125563813_3833876289958381_8582206339693068702_o.jpg

126293063_1779798515503663_4105480169581096447_o.jpg

They revealed Zodd.

ES: 500
Price: 599 Euro
Dimensions: H37 x W45 x D25cm

My personal opinion:

+sculpt
+paint
+details on the base and not too cluttered

- no second head
- blood flow is possible but it's not normal if you hit someone with a crosh slash.

zodd-illu.png

Zodd-immortal-oniri-creations03_alt.jpg
Zodd-immortal-oniri-creations04_alt-1.jpg
Zodd-immortal-oniri-creations05_alt-1.jpg
Zodd-immortal-oniri-creations09_alt-1.jpg
Zodd-immortal-oniri-creations10.jpg
Zodd-immortal-oniri-creations11.jpg
Zodd-immortal-oniri-creations13.jpg

I put in a pre-order! The base and the blood effects don't bother me much, actually; I really like the pose, sculpt, and overall details, plus always wanted a 1/6 scale Zodd to go along with Gecco Guts, so this was a must for me :zodd:
Honestly I'm the most excited about their previously announced Schierke statue! Anyone else?

Top Bottom