Plane Terror Plot involving iPods and Gatorade DISRUPTED

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Plotters caught in global net
  • British, Pakistani authorities team up to block plot to bomb U.S.-bound jets, officials say
  • 24 arrested in UK; Further arrests confirmed in Pakistan
  • Plot a "stark reminder" of war with Islamic fascists, Bush says
  • Plotters were to carry a "British version of Gatorade," detonate it with iPod or cell phone, source says

DEVELOPING STORY

What the fuck? Gatorade and iPods? A secret corporate team-up to produce WMDs? Geez, Steve Jobs has the world against him now. First it was his promotion of teen sex, now THIS. The article goes on to describe how "...the next terrorist attack could be carried out by airline passengers who hide bomb ingredients in hair gel or baby milk bottles and assemble their weapon in a locked restroom, security experts warn."

"Authorities immediately banned all passengers headed to or departing from U.S. airports from carrying any liquid in their carry-ons."

Well, what's to stop people from secreting nitroglycerine in their anal cavities until they're mid-flight, then shitting it in their hand and slapping it on their iPod Mini and then... KABOOM?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
oh great... no ipods allowed on planes from now on I bet.

...I shoulda got that creative player...
I think security's more likely to lock down beverages and carry-on liquids more than iPods personally, since our harmless mp3 player was merely used as a catalyst for the bomb. I mean, can't these guys just use virtually any charge to ignite stuff like this? Would static electricity work? :guts:

Is there a bomb expert in the thread?

Either way, this blows. Little known fact about Wally is that I drink carbonated beverages pretty much non-stop throughout the day, especially while travelling...

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
I think security's more likely to lock down beverages and carry-on liquids more than iPods personally, since our harmless mp3 player was merely used as a catalyst for the bomb.

That would make more sense. But stopped relying on their commen sense when the started asking my grandmother to remove her shoes.

Weird. It's like subliminal bad messaging. Enough to play on consumers paranoia but not enough for Apple to sue over.
If in either report the iPod was genuinely a crucial factor in either case it would be a different story, but it's obviously more like they have gone out of their way to give bad reports on the product.
Maybe Apple pissed off CNN recently or something.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
When will they just cut to the chase and stop letting people onto planes?

Anyway, our safety is too important to risk on things like going outside and having a life. It's dangerous out there.

Oh, shit, wait, don't they say 90% of accidents occur at home?

We'd better ban homes. They're too dangerous.

Yeah i just saw on Today this morning that they are banning ALL gels and beverages on airplanes now. The only exception will be....breast milk and something else i dont remember.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, I guess I'm thankful for the effort since someone I know or care about could have very well been on a plane like that, and temporary suspensions and restrictions seem like a no brainer, but whatever, fuck it, right?

I can't wait for the trivialized joke thread that's made when a nuke goes off in Los Angeles so everyone can act like real fucking pig about that too.

Hopefully, I'll be dead though.
"Har har, I can still hear Griff on my iPod because he's RADIO-active! lawl! :troll:"

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Geez, you always take our news threads so seriously. Come on, Gatorade and iPods involved in a terrorist attack? That's just asking for some form of comedic jab... :void:

Anywy, my joke was that banning liquids on planes isn't going to stop terrorists, who will do anything remotely possible to smuggle and construct explosives onboard.

Walter said:
Well, what's to stop people from secreting nitroglycerine in their anal cavities until they're mid-flight, then shitting it in their hand and slapping it on their iPod Mini and then... KABOOM?

Well we all knew that it was just a matter of time before every person who goes on a flight has to be laxated first. :isidro:

S

smoke

CnC said:
teleporters. problem solved.

HELL NO. can you imagine the chaos that would ensue with terrorists lobbing bombs into teleporters? JESUS. They could make a briefcase nuke in Basra and have it in Washington in 0.3 seconds.

Say no to teleporters.

Top Bottom