POLL: Vote for Your 2 Favorite Characters

Choose your two favorite characters in Berserk (PICK 2)

• Guts

Votes: 266 61.3%
  • Casca

Votes: 52 12.0%
  • Griffith

Votes: 81 18.7%
  • Skull Knight

Votes: 73 16.8%
  • Zodd

Votes: 30 6.9%
  • Judo

Votes: 21 4.8%
  • Carcus

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pippin

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Rickert

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • Void

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • Slan

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Conrad

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Ubik

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Silat

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Godot

• Wyald

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Farnese

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • Serpico

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Azan

• Isidro

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Schierke

Votes: 46 10.6%
  • Sonia

• Grunbeld

• Rakshas

• Locus

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Irvine

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Flora

• Ganishka

• Puck

Votes: 21 4.8%

• Total voters

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
PippinStrippin said:
I voted for :guts: and Pippin. BTW, we need an emoticon for Pippin :mozgus:

I'm not against it, but what would he be emoting? He's generally pretty stoic.

is it even fair that Guts is up on the poll? He is winning by a land slide :slan: :ubik:

I'm not against it, but what would he be emoting? He's generally pretty stoic.

I know right? Not even when Guts smacked him in the nose with all his strength with his elbow did Pippin react to it. That had to have hurt like hell!

But if you want an idea of pippin emoticon where he is actually emoting I think the scene where he first sense midland's army about to attack the hawks in the field after Griffith's capture, he actually opens his eyes (if memory serves) and yells out about the danger. i think that is the closest Pippin comes to showing any emotion. :guts:

It's such a hard choice, but I had to make Rickert one of my favorite next to Guts. The more I see of this character the more I like him! He's turning out to be pretty darn awesome. :guts:
I'm hoping to one day see the three remaining members of the original Band of the Falcon, Guts, Casca, and Rickert serve Griffith his comeuppance! :rickert:

I had to go with :guts: and :schierke:.

I love the moments they have together, especially when Schierke helps Guts when he's using the Berserker Armor.

One particular scene that always brings a smile to my face is the one where Schierke and Sonia are sitting on the dock talking to each other, and Sonia replies to Schierke saying "I say it's love!"

I choosed :guts: and :void:

Guts because he's one of the few characters (along with the bakiraka) who in every situation, no matter the circumstances, only relies to his own skills and never to a god or messiah. The perfect example is the incarnation cerimony at the tower of conviction. When everyone in moments of despair only prayed hoping that some god would save them, he stood without retreating against the monsters, and this influenced everyone who was near him, in particular Farnese. I read somewhere that there are similarities between him and the concept of the Ubermensch of Nietzsche.
I generally don't like main characters and heroes, but Guts is an exception, after all the suffering and horrors that he endured i think its impossible to not sympathize with him, i just hope that at the very end he will get the happiness he deserves.

And Void partially for his scary but awesome design, but mostly for all his epic quotes at the eclipse, such as : "If fate transcend human intellect, it is inevitable that humans, bearing evil, oppose their destiny". I think that this is maybe the most important line in Berserk, because it describe what actually happens among humans, some of them have the strenght to accept the cruel destiny given to them without commiting atrocities, and others can't accept that you can't always get what you want. Void's backstory is what i'm waiting more eagerly than any other thing in Berserk.

Pedro-kun

I sacrifice my ''Personal Text'' for eternal life.
Had to choose :guts: and :zodd:.

Guts because, well, he's goddamn Guts! Zodd because of his design (my favorite Apostle design) and for the fact he doesn't give a damn about anything or anyone, he just enjoys killing, like a true Apostle.

My two favorites are the power houses Guts and Griffth.

I love how complex both characters are...both opposites but at the same time share the ability to draw people to them. An charisma and presence that inspires, awes, amazes and changes people. Griffiths goal driven personality and eventually his rise, fall and transformation is such an incredible part of this story and really adds to why I love his character so much.

Anyway it was close second between Judo, as he seems to be Guts closest friend during his time with Band of the Hawk (after Casca/Griffth) and he is always humble. He gives great advice and comfort to Guts all whilst keeping a level head. Miura also gave him some great dialogue at parts. Also redeeming quality is that he wants Guts to be with Casca despite his own feelings for her, Knowing she needs someone and something he can't give. RIP Judo ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the updated rankings!

Guts 146
Griffith 49
Skull Knight 47
Casca 33
Schierke 29
Zodd 21
Judo 16
Farnese 15
Serpico 14
Puck 9
Irvine 7
Void 7
Isidro 5
Wyald 4
Rickert 3
Pippin 2
Ubik 2
Godot 2
Silat 2
Slan 2
Sonia 2
Ganishka 2
Rakshas 2
Azan 1
Grunbeld 1
Locus 1
Flora 1
Carcus 1
Conrad 0

Surprises for me: Ganishka and Locus are so low despite the fan popularity among them!

Also, poor
conradtest.gif
... but who can really say they didn't expect that?

Menosgade

Not all those who wander are lost
Pretty obvious choice, but went for Guts and skull :SK:
Both are just amazing characters. Guts' unbreakable will to live and fight is his most inspiring feature. It just doesn't matter how crippled he is and who he's fighting, he won't let down :beast: seeing his pain in the form of darkness pushing thru anything is also very pleasing. This dual personality feature is also very interesting. An enormous pain he remembers everyday and once in a while releases in the form of pure strenght. His lonely wandering and refusal of feeling always catch me. as well, remember that panel of him sad (the only post-eclipse), always found it silly. When I finally read that episode and saw that face... damn feels

SK is always so cool because of wisdom, always having something useful (and dramatic) to say. I like how he eventually helps (crucially sometimes) but follows his own way, watching and learning. Wish we can learn more about him in the future.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
IncantatioN said:
Poor Conrad ... zero votes and the only Godhand not to be on the emoticon-fixed-list!

Personally, My least favorite Godhand is Conrad. Until he blows my mind with awesome terror he'll stay my least favorite Godhand. I used to dislike Ubik in my first readings, but with time and many many many reread, I've come to enjoy him more.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Yeah well in the beginning only! Now I really appreciate Ubik. Not sure really why I did not enjoy him in the first place. I was young in those times. :slan:

KnightZel

Vlways $trive Vnd Prosper
Guts and Casca ftw.

Easily the two most interesting characters in the whole series imo. The thing i like about both of them is how emotionally charged they both are. Even in her childlike state I love that Caska can make my heart ache when she calls out to her child, or freaks out on guts, or says Au lol.

As for Guts...man speaks for himself.

DasBouf

I'm Noah. I love my waifu and my friends
I chose Slan and Silat. Guts Puck Farnese and Schierke are other characters I love but Silat and Slan need more love.

Puck is my favorite character. I adore this little guy :puck:

Berserk wouldn't be the same without him.

Other than that, :guts: of course. Best protagonist to have graced manga.

D

Dragon Warrior

Guts & Skull Knight are my two favorites characters.
As for top best ones
1-Guts
2-Skull Knight
3-Puck
4-Serpico
5-Isidro
6-Schierke
7-Casca
8-Zodd
9-Farnese
10-Griffith

Top Bottom