Prime 1 launches a Berserk line

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Aazealh said:
Nah it's still too small. I really hope they fix that in the final version.

Ditto :judo:

Here is the original digital art by Alessandro Baldasseroni. This was then modified by Alvaro Bernardes Cota Ribeiro with some final changes for print.

3133lu1.jpg

2wm2qmu.jpg

2rf4q48.jpg

33w2ihx.jpg

975rm8.jpg

xpni8y.jpg

And this..

4iipsy.jpg

not just a statue of guts but a painting in 3D of Kentaro's ever evolving art style

They have a really high opinion of their piece at Prime1...

Honestly, I don't like it. There are proportions issues, likeness issues, pose issues, too much Guts themes poured into the base...
The details are great, the size is impressive, but that's about it.

Super said:
To be fair they did say they were working with Kentaro and he approved it.

I don't want to cast doubts on Miura's judgment himself regarding his own design, but him approving a design doesn't say that the piece is a "painting in 3D of Kentaro's ever evolving art style".
It doesn't mean either that he thinks everything on this piece is good If he merely approved the concept art for instance.

https://www.facebook.com/Prime1Studio/posts/1354796667900305
Price(before tax):$999 /114,900 円
Release:Sometime between January-March 2018
Limitation : regular - 1000 pieces | exclusive - 750 pieces
VTANv1t.jpg

EX version alternate head
JWYPmby.jpg

Japan-only pre-order link
http://www.prime1studio.co.jp/shop/products/detail.php?product_id=135

Maiku said:
Sideshow has it up. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/berserk-guts-the-black-swordsman-prime-1-studio-9029751/?scid=KOCH022&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Guts&utm_content=Image+-+Guts&utm_campaign=030917news

Very well priced, all things considered. I am a bit puzzled by the Japan only preorder. Seems like only the exclusive version is available on the site? I asked on the FB comments section, maybe they will respond...

Guess this one is going to my inlaws/friend in Japan first lol. Thanks for the link gents. I am in.

EDIT: My friend that's been proxying for years lately been pretty busy personally, but if you guys are interested he's always highly recommended by me:

http://proxy.kolektakon.com/

He can help you with this item I'm sure if you guys are outside Japan. Hyped....look at that:

03071531_58be53b832495.jpg

EDIT2: I just "preordered" and all was done was creating an account (physical address in Japan, phone # in Japan, and email) and they said they will contact you prior to shipping for payment. It has to be done via bank wire no credit cards.

Meh, wasn't very impressed with how he turned out, for the price. Something about the faces and proportions feels off to me, and the base is just overflowing with randomly inserted elements, so it's a pass for me.
Also I hate to be that person but...if we're talking about a perfect Guts statue, please get his brows right :carcus:
LVjhQCl.png

Sideshow has it up. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/berserk-guts-the-black-swordsman-prime-1-studio-9029751/?scid=KOCH022&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Guts&utm_content=Image+-+Guts&utm_campaign=030917news

Maiku said:

ORDERED! Thanks Maiku!

I'm hoping the base is several pieces. I'd probably prefer to display it without all of that stuff. It feels so busy. Does anyone have Prime 1 statues? Is that typical for them?

I don't have any of their past statues, but of all the Marvel, DC, TMNT, Transformers, etc that they've released, this has definitely got the busiest bases they've done (that I can remember). Even if they have some kind of way to only place certain items on the base, I can't imagine it would look very nice with everything underneath exposed.

I agree, though, it would be nice to be able to only place some of that on the base.

I asked my wife if we could sell our soon to be born baby so I could buy this, but no such luck, so I'll have to pass on it, even thought I really want it. Plus I have no clue where I'd put it if I did buy it.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
krzykoopa said:
That price is cheap comparatively

Compared to other 1/4 scale prime1 pieces I would disagreee. Only the antivenom is quarter scale and this price range. I guess the base is what pushed the price up for this piece or license but idk. Too much imo and likeness isn't there for me.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Prime1 is putting the design of their Schierke statue in the hands of the fans :schierke:

"Prime 1 Studio Collectible Sculpting Contest!

Enter our Prime 1 Studio Contest for a chance to win the first place prize!!

http://www.prime1contest.com/

Here’s how it goes:

Contest Overview:
Schierke is one of the most beloved characters from the Berserk universe, with that in mind we, Prime 1 Studio, have decided that the best way to bring this character to life is to let the fans create it. We challenge you to CREATE a companion statue for “UPMBR-01: Guts” of the character Schierke.

Judging Criteria:
In this contest you will be judges by the Pose naturalness, Attention to detail, Ability to bring the anime style together with Prime 1 art style and the Technical excellence.

Rules:
Judges’ decisions are FINAL and no correspondence will be entered into.

Eligibility:
This Prime 1 Studio Contest is OPEN to all artists in all countries.

Submission Guidelines:
We require you to submit Beauty Render images (May contain colors), 360 images of the model (Need to be with simple shade such as black & white and lightning) and All images need to be watermarked with your name and email.

Prizes:
1st Place:
- 1x UPMBR-01 Guts, The black Swordsman statue
- Schierke Statue will be produced by Prime 1 Studio
- 1x Sample of Schierke Statue

2nd Place: Full-Access Plan on Digital Sculpting for Collectibles (Course: Over 28 hours of contents)

3rd Place: Basic Plan on Digital Sculpting for Collectibles (Course: Over 15 hours of contents)

Deadline:
Contest Ends on April 30, 2017 at 23:59:59 PST

**Submission page will be available soon!
Contest@prime1studio.co.jp

For more information, please leave a comment below.
Good Luck everyone!"

Wow......that is freakin cool to say the least.....a large Schierke would be a bad@$$ addition to most Berserk collectors since there aren't too many of her.

This contest is a joke... Prime1 is making millions and can't offer a proper cash prize for that kind of pro job. What a shame.

Léon-Solide said:
Meh, wasn't very impressed with how he turned out, for the price. Something about the faces and proportions feels off to me, and the base is just overflowing with randomly inserted elements, so it's a pass for me.
Also I hate to be that person but...if we're talking about a perfect Guts statue, please get his brows right :carcus:
LVjhQCl.png

Exactly. You can also take a closer look at every part of his facial features, nose, lips, even the hair cut isn't right.

Hi guys :guts: this statue is just amazing :isidro: size,details,effects for me it's a berserk statue maybe too much details on the base but for me it's not a big problem when I saw every details on the pics I became completely mad and pre ordered it :ganishka: Griffith should be huge and wonderful :carcus:

Theoden said:
This contest is a joke... Prime1 is making millions and can't offer a proper cash prize for that kind of pro job. What a shame.

Millions? I highly doubt it.

I can't imagine they produce the full edition size very often if at all.

EDIT: Though I agree the prize is a little weak.

Hmmmm and AOW is 100% acurate right ;) for more than reasonable price of course and huge scale,shame on you prime 1 ... Lol

Top Bottom