Puck appreciation thread

G

GASKA

I guess my favorite so far (only read up to 22) is when Puck finally gets his home in Guts' pouch and calls his Behelit...ah crap I already forgot. What the hell does Puck call the Behelit? Well whatever it is I think it's cool and that is one thing I like about Puck. Plus if he wasn't there Guts would have probably lost his mind alot sooner. :puck:

puck is an essential character. As was already stated he was the one who stuck by Guts from the beginning of his journey even when he thought his actions were despicable. puck was the spark that lead to guts' appreciation for companionship and thus his ability to fight off his inner desires to say "screw everyone" and simply pursue revenge because now he has more to fight for. :puck: :guts:

I like that Puck has been standing up to Guts and telling him off for being an ass as early as in the Berserk Prototype.

puck2.jpg

puck.jpg

His interactions with Guts and Jill are great

farn.jpg

And my absolute favorite

Madkreig

In the darkness I´ll wait..... Forever and ever...
I must say that it would be absolutely hilarious if Puck turned out to be some kind of big shot in the fairy world, unknown to Ivalera. Doesn't have to be REALLY big but just a little something to give him more time in the spotlight.

I personally adore Puck. I can't wait to see how he evolves when they get to elfhelm and he is among his old friends again. I have heard people in the fan community say they dislike Puck, and even though he has become far more comedic but I have not been overly bothered by it. However I do hope that he becomes a bit more like he was at the beginning of the story in elfhelm. Not that big on Ivalera though....I do not know there is a snottiness to her I just do not like at times. :puck:

As Puck is my favorite character, I'll dedicate my first (well, second) post to him. This moment almost killed me,

puckultimatestrongone.jpg

And that would be the true reason the story's called Berserk :puck:

Lawliet said:
As Puck is my favorite character, I'll dedicate my first (well, second) post to him. This moment almost killed me,

puckultimatestrongone.jpg

And that would be the true reason the story's called Berserk :puck:

Yozuru said:
My absolute favorite scene:

fe97ac894a.jpg
ed74c864e4.jpg

That scene killed me with laughter haha.

Oh my God! I love both these scenes! These scenes had me laughing out loud and I do not do that very often in manga. It's funny how a series like Berserk can sneak little touches of humor like this. This is the best use of comic relief and it is used very effectively here. I love the scene where Puck makes Guts say please...and milks it for all it's worth. Even though Guts has it rough much of the time I some how glow when ever I see Puck get the better of Guts and rub what ever advantage he has over him in his face! LOL! Puck is the best in this series! How can anyone not like him!

I can't wait to see more his growth now that they finally on elfhelm.

Vixen Comics said:
Oh my God! I love both these scenes! These scenes had me laughing out loud and I do not do that very often in manga. It's funny how a series like Berserk can sneak little touches of humor like this. This is the best use of comic relief and it is used very effectively here. I love the scene where Puck makes Guts say please...and milks it for all it's worth. Even though Guts has it rough much of the time I some how glow when ever I see Puck get the better of Guts and rub what ever advantage he has over him in his face! LOL! Puck is the best in this series! How can anyone not like him!

I can't wait to see more his growth now that they finally on elfhelm.

Agreed.

One of the biggest surprises I encountered while reading Berserk was the humor in it. I originally began reading the manga with the impression that it was going to be a rather depressing story (the image some people built around it for some reason) only to find out that it was anything but. Berserk made me laugh out loud more times than I can count, and that isn't just in Puck's scenes.

Miura is a genuinely funny guy.

And yes, now that they are finally in Elfhell Elfhelm, I can't wait to see more :puck:

The lighter moments in Berserk certainly do not get a lot of exposure since the casual fan seems to think Berserk is all blood baths and virgins getting raped. This is why I appreciate Puck, on the serious side he was Guts first companion and kept some of his humanity alive. It's for this reason why I don't get how some people really dislike Puck.

Like that guy who does the Berserk abridged series, he even called Puck the Jar jar of Berserk at one point. :rickert: No matter how annoying one might find Puck's antics I think he has way more value across the board than to be thrown in the same category as Jar Jar. :magni:

Top Bottom