Radiohead's new album will be online-only

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
PRETENTIOUS MUSIC GEEKS REJOICE! In what can only be interpreted as a giant "fuck off" to major media labels, Radiohead will release their newest album titled IN RAINBOWS through their website only beginning Oct 10.

Details from pretentious music geek HQ, PitchforkMedia:
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/46015-new-radiohead-album-aaaaaaahhh

You can pre-order it from their website right now as a download or a "discbox." What's a discbox? Why, it's pretty sweet:

"THIS CONSISTS OF THE NEW ALBUM, IN RAINBOWS, ON CD AND ON 2 X 12 INCH HEAVYWEIGHT VINYL RECORDS.
A SECOND, ENHANCED CD CONTAINS MORE NEW SONGS, ALONG WITH DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHS AND ARTWORK.
THE DISCBOX ALSO INCLUDES ARTWORK AND LYRIC BOOKLETS.
ALL ARE ENCASED IN A HARDBACK BOOK AND SLIPCASE.
THE ALBUM DOWNLOAD AUTOMATICALLY COMES WITH THIS PACK."

If you order the download only, you can pay HOWEVER MUCH MONEY YOU WANT for it. Like, there's no set price. Like, I just paid eight bucks for the new Radiohead album. Maybe you can pay zero dollars?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: Radiohead's new album will be online-only.

PitchforkMedia said:
If you order the download only, you can pay HOWEVER MUCH MONEY YOU WANT for it. Like, there's no set price. Like, I just paid eight bucks for the new Radiohead album. Maybe you can pay zero dollars?

That's how much I'm going to spend on it, in any case.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Well, that's a nice initiative, I think it's all in their honor.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Well, I got it for $0.00 today. After I purchased it, it displayed a message: "We respect your methods. Please wait for download." :ganishka:

It's certainly the most straightforward Radiohead album I've heard. No going off the deep end electronica horseshit. And Thom Yorke's voice is actually tolerable here. I'm pretty sure he's really singing this time around. It's actually music, folks! It's revolutionary!

CnC

Ad Oculos

is it any good? I'm not the biggest radiohead fan, but they're alright. If people tell me its good I'll chip in a buck or two for the effort if not the album.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Just torrent it regardless of this nonsense; it's freeware, afterall! :carcus:

And wouldn't the irony be delicious if someone got sued for illegally uploading these songs?

"Every time somebody downloaded we lost another $0.00, now multiply that by a million!"

Top Bottom