Sarkozy Wins

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Ugh, make it stop.

Personally, I never engaged you in the debate, because I’m even less qualified on the subject than your “10 seconds” of Internet research make you. The problem people have with you here, aside from your aforementioned questionable credentials to be pushing the issue, was your original belligerent attitude, which you strategically abandoned for this phony scholarly one (which nobody's taking seriously because you undermined yourself so much to begin with, it sounds like an Internet parody). Most of the stuff said to you wasn't blind insults, it was valid to say to someone acting the way you are.

Now, do you want to address that seriously and maybe wrap this up or continue with the transparent snarkiness? Because, watching you hang around the board all day like a spider, sniping at every reply with ironic variations of "I don't care what you think. You only serve to amuse me! Ha ha!" isn't amusing, it's just annoying.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Griffith No More! said:
Ugh, make it stop.

Personally, I never engaged you in the debate, because I’m even less qualified on the subject than your “10 seconds” of Internet research make you. The problem people have with you here, aside from your aforementioned questionable credentials to be pushing the issue, was your original belligerent attitude, which you strategically abandoned for this phony scholarly one (which nobody's taking seriously because you undermined yourself so much to begin with, it sounds like an Internet parody). Most of the stuff said to you wasn't blind insults, it was valid to say to someone acting the way you are.

Now, do you want to address that seriously and maybe wrap this up or continue with the transparent snarkiness? Because, watching you hang around the board all day like a spider, sniping at every reply with ironic variations of "I don't care what you think. You only serve to amuse me! Ha ha!" isn't amusing, it's just annoying.

Griff, I am sorry it scares you having me hang around to reply to people who address me or say something about me. It's no trouble for me to leave the window open while I do other things. The fact that your insults don't bother me is based on the source. :serpico: People who admittedly know nothing of what they are talking about. You huddle together as a pack while desperately trying to affect me. I have addressed all of you much more respectfully than I have gotten in return. If you want to make personal attacks on the basis of my statements and opinions feel free. I am free to laugh in return.

Griffith

So be it.

That's the third time you've validated my "insults" by saying they don't bother you and you won't respond to them (while, in fact, responding). I notice you do try to counter the ones you think you can handle (Bobby, for example), so let me ask, why can't you address my legitimate criticisms? Do you have an answer to them other than cliché non-comebacks? You've essentially taken the fetal position of debate with me on this. Who's "scared" of whom here? Are you afraid of losing face? I notice in the privacy of the chat room you have no problem admitting to me you were wrong in how you approached this issue, the legitimacy of your points notwithstanding (like I said, not my problem), so why can't you live up to your own pretensions, display a "positive change", and just say that to everyone here?

"My bad, but I'd like to discuss this issue seriously with Aaz."

I guess since you're being harassed so much in here in your quest for enlightenment, and it's off-topic anyway, you and Aaz could just PM each other? It's not like you're trying to prove something about yourself here and save face, right Mr. A Paper?

Serpico

Griffith No More! said:
That's the third time you've validated my "insults" by saying they don't bother you and you won't respond to them (while, in fact, responding).

Actually Griff, I said they don't bother me, not that I wouldn't respond. I will respond if you try to insult me, but as I have it is just with amusement. It doesn't exactly drive me to the "fetal position" when 5 people are reduced to whining and slinging insults against me. :judo: I think it is unfortunate how none of you can stand on your own.

You also admitted in the chat you agreed with me on some points, and I admitted I should have phrased things differently from the start. I have also admitted that within this thread. I even said I went a little overboard with it stating more than was neccassary quite publicly. I never said however that I was wrong and don't intend to just because it has gotten you all emotional.

If you want the reality of it I would still be nice to you or any other member in the chat, or if I met you on the street. Nobody is ever particularly rude to anyone else in the chat room nor will I be. If you want to start using derogatory terms in here though I will reply without any respect for what you have said.

You are giving yourself too much credit putting yourself over Bob.

Griffith

*changes gears*

Serpico said:
Actually Griff, I said they don't bother me, not that I wouldn't respond. I will respond if you try to insult me, but as I have it is just with amusement. It doesn't exactly drive me to the "fetal position" when 5 people are reduced to whining and slinging insults against me. I think it is unfortunate how none of you can stand on your own.

Nobody is conspiring against you in tandem; in any case, who turned everybody against you? You know I have no axe to grind with you, and I don't think anyone else does beside this. We're all accountable in this, but take it to heart that we independently all took issue with your comments and subsequent attitude about it.

Serpico said:
You also admitted in the chat you agreed with me on some points, and I admitted I should have phrased things differently from the start. I have also admitted that within this thread. I even said I went a little overboard with it stating more than was necessary quite publicly. I never said however that I was wrong and don't intend to just because it has gotten you all emotional.

Yes, like I said, your points notwithstanding, your post obviously rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, and beyond the justified counters to insults, you didn't seem to take that very seriously.

Serpico said:
If you want the reality of it I would still be nice to you or any other member in the chat, or if I met you on the street. Nobody is ever particularly rude to anyone else in the chat room nor will I be. If you want to start using derogatory terms in here though I will reply without any respect for what you have said.

Fair enough, and I think that reasonable perspective can be applied well to the entire situation, as in why people felt justified to attack you to begin with. They felt your original post was unfair and insulting to the French, "Archie Bunker" as bph put it; a snafu made more inflammatory by the fact that we have prominent French members and are therefore more sensitive to it.

Serpico said:
You are giving yourself too much credit putting yourself over Bob.

Pffff, Bob's a soldier, you think you can get at us with divide and conquer? Anyway, I'm an admin, I'm over everybody because I can delete you. =)

But, before it gets to deleting anything, let's ALL just stop the insults and potshots, take a step back, apologize where necessary, and move on without creating more strife.

I'll go first, I'm sorry I attacked you.

Serpico

Griff, you know I only fight with you because I want your attention by any means neccessary. :casca:

Nobody is conspiring against you in tandem

I know this but I don't have the energy to deal with so many parties as "nicely" as I would like to. Short of some serious ass kissing (which just aint gonna happen) it would be difficult to appease every person withough conceding to things I am unwilling to.

They felt your original post was unfair and insulting to the French, "Archie Bunker" as bph put it; a snafu made more inflammatory by the fact that we have prominent French members and are therefore more sensitive to it.

I fully concede this was uncalled for, and have made some attempts to say so. I do think it was rude to Aaz and anyone else who regards France highly to address it in such an blunt and untactful manner.

My information, though most had a solid basis, was not depicted in a fair or complete manner. Aaz further defined things if you read his posts, and I did think his explanation was more complete.

Yes, like I said, your points notwithstanding, your post obviously rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, and beyond the justified counters to insults, you didn't seem to take that very seriously.

To all those that jumped in just to attack me, (and you are all free to do so :carcus:) they just have to deal with it. Anyone who is personally rude over politics I am more than happy to rub the wrong way. I will be as nice about it as they are to me. I don't particularly like fighting with anyone though, and I would be happy to "make nice" with anyone who wanted to. I never intended to carry this outside of this thread anyway. Just because I will fight with you does not in any way mean I hate or personally dislike you.

Pffff, Bob's a soldier, you think you can get at us with divide and conquer? Anyway, I'm an admin, I'm over everybody because I can delete you. =)

Like I said, that was the plan :carcus:

In short I apologize unconditionally for the offense caused by my initial statement. It doesn't excuse other people's reactions though and to anyone else who apologizes, I extend an equal apology. To anyone else, too bad I guess.

Top Bottom