Schierke...in love?

Dirty Dog

I'd say it's a mix of both.
I think it was originally a father thing, until Evarella (that's right, right?) said that it was the other way, and she began to think it was that way, too.
Seen that happen with pre-teen/teen girls many times.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I'd liken it sort of a childhood crush.

What CnC said. I don't think there's anything serious behind it. As for a father figure, I'd rather say he's some kind of a "big brother" to her. Their relationship doesn't have a paternal authority to it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
They've got one of the cooler character interelationships going right now, and in true Miura fashion, there are so many different emotions between the two of them, it can't really be boiled down into "love" or "crush."

A great example of this is their scene on the beach, just before Skully's arrival. Look how far they've come from volume 24, when she hardly even trusted him.

I really love Berserk. :serpico:

Dirty Dog

Walter said:
A great example of this is their scene on the beach, just before Skully's arrival. Look how far they'd come from volume 24, when she hardly even trusted him.

Hmm... reminds me of Caska! :troll:

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
I always took it as a crush. Collete and Jill seemed to have crushes as well. I think it is a way to show underneath everything, her wisdom and power, Shierke is still just a young girl.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
I'm in agreement that it's just a strong infatuation; Guts does have quite the influence on people. I have to note though, that if their relationship does ever go beyond infatuation (as unlikely as it may be). I'd find it funny: while the idea itself is kind of repugnant; we all know that Miura would write and portray it so well that we wouldn't even be able to really get offended . . .

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Forest Wraith said:
I'm in agreement that it's just a strong infatuation; Guts does have quite the influence on people. I have to note though, that if their relationship does ever go beyond infatuation (as unlikely as it may be). I'd find it funny: while the idea itself is kind of repugnant; we all know that Miura would write and portray it so well that we wouldn't even be able to really get offended . . .

I think if Schierke and Guts were ever to get into that sort of relationship, it would be many years down the line, where Schierke would be several years older than she is now (around maybe 19 or 20). However, I doubt Miura will take their relationship in that direction. I'd like to think Guts and Casca will somehow work things out in the end (if she's cured, decides to stick with him instead of Griffith, etc. <-- heavy speculation), but like I've said many times, Miura has surprised me before and continues to do so. Who knows what the future will bring?

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
What would be interesting to see how Schierke responds if Casca is feeled at Elfhelm, and her (Caska) and Guts become close again. Would she be jealous? Maybe just hurt?

Serpico

Locus of Agony said:
What would be interesting to see how Schierke responds if Casca is feeled at Elfhelm, and her (Casca) and Guts become close again. Would she be jealous? Maybe just hurt?

Thats an interesting point. I think Schierke knows Guts loves Casca though so maybe she is prepared for that. I'm not too sure how Casca will react if cured, or how she will interact with Guts. I think it will still take time before she is ready to do anything that would make Schierke too jealous. Casca is gonna be quite overwhelmed that the entire world she new went to hell and there are all these new people around her. Maybe that will cause her to cling to Guts more though on the flip side.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Locus of Agony said:
What would be interesting to see how Schierke responds if Casca is feeled at Elfhelm, and her (Casca) and Guts become close again. Would she be jealous? Maybe just hurt?

I don't think so, really. She already knows about Guts and Casca, and just like Farnese she understands that Guts isn't the man for her. I think their relationship will remain in the "big brother/little sister" league in the future, at least until she becomes adult.

lacroixma

I'm still new.
Schierke and Farnese feel something towards Guts but it won't last. For Schierke I also think it's more like brother sister. They complement eachother well in battle ext.  As simplist as this might be I really see the couples in the future being Guts/Casca(if she ever...), Iso/Schierke(well in the distant future), Farnese/Serpico (if Serpico doesn't die protecting her along the way and yes even if they have the same father...mabe...not...)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Locus of Agony said:
Iso and Schierke!? :schierke: :isidro:

You bet man. They're meant for each other. It's started already. :carcus:

Love_Blooms.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
You bet man. They're meant for each other. It's started already. :carcus:

Yea they sort of compliment each other, personality-wise. I can definitely see them becoming quite close if not romantically involved.

Serpico

Marcus said:
As simplist as this might be I really see the couples in the future being Guts/Casca(if she ever...), Iso/Schierke(well in the distant future), Farnese/Serpico (if Serpico doesn't die protecting her along the way and yes even if they have the same father...mabe...not...)

I would probably refer to Serpico and Farnese as a pair rather than a couple. It's not really clear what either of them ultimately wants at this point.

Iso/Schierke is and I think will remain a comedy act. There was some development in the fight with the pirates though. Its all pretty lighthearted with those two; they are just kids after all.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Serpico said:
I would probably refer to Serpico and Farnese as a pair rather than a couple. It's not really clear what either of them ultimately wants at this point.

Yeah, I don't really see them becoming romantically involved in the future. Serpico may be extremely over-protective of her, but I don't think he's in love with her at this point.

lacroixma

I'm still new.
Locus of Agony said:
Iso and Schierke!? :schierke: :isidro:

Not to say it is a bad "team" or that Miura lacked imagination when he concocted this team up but it really is a classic gathering aroud a hero team...  And with a little imagination I think we can sort of guess (long term) where it is going.  I really love this team by the way, its a classic, great all around team to develop to story more and for fighting (They seem to be doing a lot of that).

:schierke:+ :isidro:     :miura:

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
At first it seemed like a child's puppy love, but Guts has become something of a father figure to Schierke, and maybe many of the Berserk female characters. At first I thought Guts would be something of a big brother to Farnese which he basically is right now, though she could easily be attracted to him. I mostly feel Guts is a father figure to Schierke because she is so much younger at least in appearance. Also we have yet to see a father figure for her besides Guts.

The last "lesson" that Schierke received from Flora was about destiny. Flora asked what Schierke's encounter with Guts meant to her, and Schierke has since then been trying to figure it out for herself. Schierke initially refused to acknowledge that she could possibly be connected to Guts by destiny, but now she risks her life alongside his (such as in the fight with the Kundalini) and cares for his health more than anyone else in the group.

Flora was the center of Schierke's universe when she was her pupil, and now she is gone. I think that Schierke is trying to find a place in her heart now for someone like Guts, knowing that he is her destiny. I don't think that she is "in love" with Guts, but I do think that in caring for him when he is injured and looking out for him on the battlefield, some feelings for him have developed. I think right now she is starting to realize that she genuinely cares about Guts, and Evarella's teasing makes her embarrassed and confused about that revelation. Schierke might be mature, but she is still just a kid and trying to figure things out for herself.

I don't think I would say that Guts is a father figure either, but like Aazealh said, more of a big brother figure.

Top Bottom