SK.net Exclusive Interview: The Idea of Evil

Aconyro

REVENGE!
I have been pondering on this for a while and it had led me to an odd conclusion.

It has been stated many times that causality is a spiral not a circle. That is the events will continue to go downward but will seem to have a repetitive feel when they're actually worse. However, it is possible to stop going down a spiral. With effort, it should be possible to push causality up the spiral. First making it act more like a circle, than pushing it further making it move up until it reachs the top rung of the spiral where it can be kept if the effort is made maintained. But this conclusion leads me to two questions:

One, if a concerted effort is made to reverse the spiral will you, the idea of evil, oppose it?

Two, if reversal is possible, what will happen to you as causality proceeds toward the top rungs?

Idea

It is truly the will that defines human nature
Aconyro said:
It has been stated many times that causality is a spiral not a circle.
It has been stated once, to my knowledge, and by the great witch Flora.

That is the events will continue to go downward but will seem to have a repetitive feel when they're actually worse. However, it is possible to stop going down a spiral. With effort, it should be possible to push causality up the spiral. First making it act more like a circle, than pushing it further making it move up until it reachs the top rung of the spiral where it can be kept if the effort is made maintained.
You draw far too much meaning from "the spiral" analogy. The great witch Flora meant only that resurfaced, manipulated events do not have to occur in the same mirrored fashion as they did previously. The spiral has no moralistic "high or low" or "better or worse."

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Sorry, I should have been more specific in my previous statement because I meant that I had seen it many times here on the board but I am grateful for your information about the spiral analogy. If it is only an analogy and there is actually no direction to events then she would have been wrong to use such an analogy and should have detailed the path of causality as that of a wobbly circle.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aconyro said:
Sorry, I should have been more specific in my previous statement because I meant that I had seen it many times here on the board but I am grateful for your information about the spiral analogy. If it is only an analogy and there is actually no direction to events then she would have been wrong to use such an analogy and should have detailed the path of causality as that of a wobbly circle.
Read the post more carefully. And please change your avatar.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
It's changed. Forgive me, if I was a bit too wordy i meant: "Thanks for the info. I see what your saying great idea of evil and the way you describe it makes me picture causality as a wobbly circle not actually going anywhere but not mirroring either instead of a spiral." I hope that's more clear.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Maybe I'm A Little late, but I will ask anyway hoping the great Idea will hear my question.  Please note Many of the questions are due to my studying of philosophy and I bit to my fatigue. ;D

According to the Kybalion(A book of Hermetic Philosophy)There are three Planes of existence.
    The Physical Plane, Mental Plane, And spiritual Plane. 
    Reminding me of the corporal, nexus, and the Abyss
   It speaks as though there are not direct lines or borders between them, yet they all inter exist, And these indirect borders being like the interstice, and the vortex.
   And beings(substance) from the higher vibrations(planes) can directly effect those of the lower to a degree.
   Although I am not sure this seems to be the case in berserk with examples like ( white Hawk cutting Zodd's horn, or the Elemental's Manifestations.)

It also says...
[quote author=Kybalion]Every cause has it's effect; every effect has its cause; everything happens according to the law; chance is but a name for the Law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes Law.[/quote]
Is this Causation like the idea of causalty?
And can Causalty not escape law, Like when SK says something like my sword will not allow my to strike him, is this because he cannot defy this overall Law?  And are you All(the one that creates Law) or must you follow Law?

Another question is the Kybalion states that through mental transmutation, one can use the rules of the lower against the rules of the higher.  Is this Like the manifestation of the elementals by corporal forms, and if so could this manifestation be key for such corporal forms to directly effect the planes of the higher?

Sorry if this seems long-winded, or idiotic or stupid.  But reading Many, of these principles and axioms, I seemed to be able to not only connect them to possibilities of reality, but to examples in Berserk.   ;D

I have a question, my exsistance: am i an apperation, formed and feed from the undead spirits tied to guts or am i simply the ripple of his psyche after the events of the sacrifice, if this is the case is my will free from your control as well, do i have will or am i simply your servant?

Idea

It is truly the will that defines human nature
THE BEAST said:
I have a question, my exsistance: am i an apperation, formed and feed from the undead spirits tied to guts or am i simply the ripple of his psyche after the events of the sacrifice, if this is the case is my will free from your control as well, do i have will or am i simply your servant?
Existence is an unjust word to describe the nature of a being such as you. You breathe as one with The Struggler. You have no 'being'. Your ego is one with his. You draw your will from the hidden desires of his heart.

As for your freedom, the answer is not so simple. It begs the question of the freedom of The Struggler. Though he is indeed distancing himself from my strings, I have manipulated his surroundings and followers to the extent where his choices are limited. In this way, I have planned countermeasures for his and others' deviation. Though it must be held in mind that the prison of your ego, the heart and the mind of The Struggler, is perpetually giving audience to me. You and I have much in common. For my realm and dominion is as yours, influencing the physical through suggestion and emotion.

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
Apparently, since ur still answering questions, Ill give it a go.
What exactly is the past of the Skull Knight? We just accept the fact that he was Gaiseric, but it hasn't been fully proven yet. And what was the fate of the Skull Knight/Gaiseric after he wore the Berserk Armor? How did he get to the current form he is in?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Triggormortis said:
What exactly is the past of the Skull Knight? We just accept the fact that he was Gaiseric, but it hasn't been fully proven yet. And what was the fate of the Skull Knight/Gaiseric after he wore the Berserk Armor? How did he get to the current form he is in?

So basically, you want to want to corner Walter *ahem* The Idea Of Evil, by asking questions no one can possibly know yet; not by asking a legit question about causality or something you dont understand about fate.

Triggormortis

DemonX said:
So basically, you want to want to corner Walter *ahem* The Idea Of Evil, by asking questions no one can possibly know yet; not by asking a legit question about causality or something you dont understand about fate.
yep

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Triggormortis said:
Pretty sure Idea has already addressed this issue. Please read more carefully.

Triggormortis

It's been brought up in another post but I figured I should ask you.
We all know there is a hell, but is there a heaven? Every road in the world seems to lead to hell.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Triggormortis said:
We all know there is a hell, but is there a heaven? Every road in the world seems to lead to hell.
There is an afterlife.  To quote the Idea of Evil, "Some would call it hell."

Implying there is no heaven.

Seeing that this has not been an active thread for a while i dont know if this will be answered but for he sake of argument i must ask.
Well if your power comes from the subconsious then i guess enough hypnotic abuse would banish you form ones mind?

And to follow up I must ask if you have ever studied Aristotle's Idea of Beauty or Good?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Any good questions left? I'm really sick of seeing all these Catch-22's, and I don't think The Idea of Evil will be amused by them.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Yeah sure Walter, I have a question Mr[s?]. Idea. What do you believe are going to be the ramifications for letting Guts and Casca survive the eclipse instead of just killing them?

Venus

if only...
It's been proven, that humans spiritual assests (thoughts,belief and will) have decreased in massive ways. Most of it since the birth of technology; Has there been any "obstacles" or changes that affected you in any way?.

P

paradise_lost

I have a very good question for The Idea ...

The Idea of Evil ... it's a good name. Now ... imagine that someone could be able to break the Casuality that rules your life and then all lifes ...

... what could u feel about something like this? And (Walter I know u'll be able to "read and understand" the difference between this point and an old question to the Idea) in that case, u could simple be destroyed by the absence of the Casuality that gives u a true life? And then, is not the God Hand the key that let be possible to u to apply the Casuality?

Thanks ...

;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Khorne said:
Catch-22?
Yeah, it's a phrase. You could always look it up yourself. But what I mean is... I'm sick of seeing questions that are specifically designed for entrapment.

Top Bottom