SkullKast 104 - Ep 360 Review

I guess ill have to wait until the next episode to see what the hell the he throw it at, i don't know, something just doesn't sit right with me, cant really explain it, call it intuition...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I guess ill have to wait until the next episode to see what the hell the he throw it at, i don't know, something just doesn't sit right with me, cant really explain it, call it intuition...

Well, I have to point out that cliffhangers and other tantalizingly-unexplained-elements-that-turn-out-to-be-significant are known to be storytelling techniques, and have in fact been observed in Berserk before.
I'm really quite certain that this isn't a mistake, but believe what you will. As you said, we shall see in the next episode.

Oburi

All praise Grail
The next time we see Void it'll be sticking out of his brain. :troll:
But seriously, Skulknight was probably just using it as a dart to throw at a picture of Femto after the whole Fantasia debacle.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
But seriously, Skulknight was probably just using it as a dart to throw at a picture of Femto after the whole Fantasia debacle.

No, no, no, it's clearly because of the elves. They're literaly everywhere on the island. How can one have an important conversation with someone when you have so many distractions.. :guts: :ganishka:

The next time we see Void it'll be sticking out of his brain. :troll:
I would accept that.........hmm smells like fan art potential.
Oh i can see it already, the picture of Femto has him with a huge shit eating grin, giving Skull Knight the finger.

Last edited:
Here's why I don't think that the spike is a mistake on Miura's part. I'll try to use deductive reasoning and evidence to support my argument (i.e. being fancy :ganishka:).

First, I want to address why SK's spike and, as @Aazealh mentioned, the claw marks on his shield got "fixed," and why it wasn't a mistake on Miura's part. In episode 219 SK threw the spike at Slan. During the rest of the Qliphoth and subsequent battle at Flora's, the spike was missing. In episode 237 we can clearly see that both the spike and the claw marks are gone. This is very easy to explain by pointing out that the Berserker Armor works in exact same fashion. In episode 270 a Makara bites down on Guts and there's a large hole made by its tooth on the armor's chest. The hole is nowhere to be seen after the battle is over. The explanation here is that the armor fixed itself. If the Berserker Armor can do that, why can't Skull Knight's armor? I'm sure that when Skull Knight got this armor (whatever the process was) it wasn't just a "normal" armor made of steel, but something similar to the Berserk Armor (i.e. magical).

Also, Skull Knight has been around for a millennia, and he's been fighting the God Hand and apostles all this time (including Zodd for centuries). It's hard to believe that his armor has no battle damage. I'm sure that he's not been taking it to the shops every now and then to change its oil and polish it out. :shrug:

The more interesting question is why the spike is missing again. The most straight forward (and most likely) answer is that he used it recently. We'll see if in the following episodes it's addressed or not. Don't think we have enough information to come to a concert conclusion. As for why it's the same exact one? SK is right handed and that is the first spike on his left shoulder. It's the most convenient one to use.

Quick dumb question that just came to mind out of nowhere, could Pippin, Corkus and Judeu be potentially be summoned as daimons? Or are their souls permanently linked to the vortex of souls because of the sacrifice?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Quick dumb question out of nowhere that just came to mind, could Pippin, Corkus and Judeu be potentially be summoned as daimons? Or are their souls permanently linked to the vortex of souls because of the sacrifice?

Two reasons probably not: their souls are chained to the vortex as the price of being offered for sacrifice, and presumably becoming a daimon requires some kind of magical intervention. And they were just mercenaries.

Top Bottom