SkullKast 107 - Gorge (Ep 361)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 107: Gorge (Ep 361 Review)
(1h 55m)

Guts and Skull Knight are reunited! We settle in and grab some snacks for their extended conversation, blocking the path so that no stubby guys on goats can interrupt. What could "causality's convergence" mean? Is Ged's dad really Void? What would Hanarr say about the Dragon Slayer? Has the Berserk Armor been stuck in 1st gear all along? All this and more in just under 2 hours of podcasting.

============================
Use a podcast app? Try this:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It was a bit hard to hear and understand @Griffith sometimes.

A few more comments like this, he might actually get a decent mic! :griffnotevil:

On top of the overall quality of his recording though, I was a bit rushed to get the whole thing edited Sunday night. I'll jump back in and see if I can clean up Griff's track a bit more to make it more audible.

Excellent podcast guys!

I agree that Griff’s mic should’ve been a little louder. But it by no means ruined the podcast. I can forgive it because I was laughing when he was parodying those bad take “theories.” Like the one about Puck sensing an elf like aura from SK. WELL MAYBE HE’S REMEMBERING HIS TIME INSIDE THE CAGE AND THERE ARE ALSO ELVES FLYING AROUND INSIDE SK’s ARMOR LIKE THE CAGE. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm:???:

The reunion anniversary podcast sounds cool. I’m looking forward to that and others as well!

Last edited:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Re-edited to make Griff's track cleaner. Sorry to those who have already listened and strained their ears to hear!

I dont remember where I was at so I'll start it again since I missed Griff's lines and I do like Griff's line in the casts (love them all and got no favorite okay?!)

Nice episode so far btw. Thank again team.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Damn, sorry guys, I'll see what I can do to up the volume next time. I had the mic maxed in Skype but I think something was interfering, had trouble even getting it going or hearing the others at first, and it seemed like if I didn't have the mic up to my lips it was too quiet (and I naturally move it when I cough etc and obviously didn't move it back close enough). I promise next time you'll hear all my snots, sniffles, sneezes and bad jokes.

Damn, sorry guys, I'll see what I can do to up the volume next time. I had the mic maxed in Skype but I think something was interfering, had trouble even getting it going or hearing the others at first, and it seemed like if I didn't have the mic up to my lips it was too quiet (and I naturally move it when I cough etc and obviously didn't move it back close enough). I promise next time you'll hear all my snots, sniffles, sneezes and bad jokes.

You’re probably kidding. But the volume thing wasn’t that bad and the jokes hit. I only had a tricky time hearing while on somewhat louder public transit.

Last edited:
Great podcast as usual.

I enjoyed the discussion about Hanarr seeing how little control Guts has over the armor. When I first read it I thought he was being reckless. I mean, he knows what it does to people, right? He made the damn thing. He has to feel in control of it somehow, but like you guys suggested, maybe he does not understand how messed up Guts is. I really like the idea of Guts dealing with his trauma as a way to get a better hold on the armor.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I enjoyed the discussion about Hanarr seeing how little control Guts has over the armor. When I first read it I thought he was being reckless. I mean, he knows what it does to people, right? He made the damn thing. He has to feel in control of it somehow, but like you guys suggested, maybe he does not understand how messed up Guts is.

That's not what we suggested. I think Hanarr has a pretty good idea of the state Guts is in. He's ascertaining it despite the fact it's dangerous, but so what? He doesn't strike me as a timorous man.

That's not what we suggested.

I think Griff suggested it, or at the very least made a joke about it.

I think Hanarr has a pretty good idea of the state Guts is in. He's ascertaining it despite the fact it's dangerous, but so what? He doesn't strike me as a timorous man.

I don't see how he would have an understanding of Guts' mental state at this time, but yes, he's definitely confident in what hes doing.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I think Griff suggested it, or at the very least made a joke about it.

I believe what we said was that Guts is especially susceptible to the armor because of his trauma and associated symptoms, and that Hanarr might tell him so.

I don't see how he would have an understanding of Guts' mental state at this time, but yes, he's definitely confident in what hes doing.

By "his state" I mean how little control he has on the armor. While Guts' specific circumstances don't help, it's the armor's very nature to make people go berserk. That's just how it works. I very much doubt Hanarr will be surprised that he provoked a reaction.

Maybe Gaiseric invades Skellig, maybe he becomes infatuated by it for some reason, maybe a young witch lass, decides to stay in Skellig to learn from its people, while hes own empire goes to hell without him...

Another great episode! You guys really covered everything, you even touched on some thoughts I had wondered about, such as whether Casca will recognize her son (as mentioned by Grail), and Skull Knight’s size in comparison to Guts (as mentioned by Griffith). Thank you!

And Walter’s reference to Chrono Trigger was really appreciated.:ubik:

I dunno about you guys but I'm really feeling Volvapa. She seems like a cool granny despite her somewhat dark disposition.

Maybe Gaiseric invades Skellig, maybe he becomes infatuated by it for some reason, maybe a young witch lass, decides to stay in Skellig to learn from its people, while hes own empire goes to hell without him...
I don't get it. What do you mean?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A love over duty type of thing, who knows...

I could be off, but I just don't get the sense that Skull Knight and Flora's relationship was romantic. Possibly it mirrored how Schierke feels about Guts now, but the subtext between Flora and SK in their scenes together seems more like Flora caring after a dear friend who she's worried about. But of course, it's been up to 1,000 years between them, so... maybe there was something more?

Top Bottom