SkullKast 110: Wings of Light and Darkness (Vol 23 Re-read | Part 2)

Another excellent episode, thank you! And so soon after the previous one. You guys are spoiling us. :serpico:

I just re-read the whole series a few months ago, but listening to this episode got me in the mood for reading the Conviction and Millenium Falcon arcs again.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Another excellent episode, thank you! And so soon after the previous one. You guys are spoiling us. :serpico:

I just re-read the whole series a few months ago, but listening to this episode got me in the mood for reading the Conviction and Millenium Falcon arcs again.
Thanks! I'm interested in any new thoughts you had during your reread. I always hit or rediscover new material when I reread.

Thanks! I'm interested in any new thoughts you had during your reread. I always hit or rediscover new material when I reread.
Not exactly a new thought (it’s been mentioned on the forum before and I’ve experienced it myself) but once again I noticed the difference that it makes reading full volumes as opposed to individual episodes during pre-publication. The pacing of the story is really well done, but it’s something that I personally don’t quite get in the same way as new episodes come out.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Great podcast once again! Around here in the story is where Griffith really felt compelling to me. "Mystery Griffith." When we experienced Griffith through the eyes of those around him and rarely got to see what was going on in his head. Fun times!

It's so great hearing you guys discuss Berserk like this. I'm looking forward to more re-reads!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea good one guys! These rereads are especially interesting now because we're getting to some real juicy stuff that's recent enough that it directly ties into current episodes.

To add to what was said in the podcast about people that have a problem with Farnese's seemingly change in character, I would simply say look to real life experience and how people develop and form personal relationships. It's actually very consistent! This is one example of an area that Miura excels at. Realistic human behavior in developing characters. For a mangaka who speaks of loneliness it's amazing how strong a grasp Miura has on the human condition, which he's then able to infuse into his characters. He has such a deep and sophisticated understanding of people that very few artists have and he's been using this tool since a very young age to great effect. It's why the characters are so great. Farnese was pretty young when we meet her in the Holy Iron Chain Knights. She's still trying to discover herself and find her place in the world, as most people are at that age only in much less extreme circumstances and (hopefully) with less traumatic baggage. When I think about my goth years in high school ... *shudders*. Good thing we didn't have witches at the stake.

Top Bottom