SMT Liberation Dx2 x Berserk 2021 Event

The mobile game SMT Liberation Dx2 will be holding a new Berserk event beginning March 3rd.

This is the second Berserk event held for the game. Last year in May, an event featuring Black Swordsman Guts, Schierke, Skullknight and Mozgus. The upcoming event will feature Berserker Armour Guts, Griffith and Zodd. Zodd will be the free 5 star servant you receive for logging on.

I can only assume this event was meant to coincide somewhat/follow the Berserk exhibition. While I don't play the game, I do have a bit of experience with the SMT/Persona franchises. While I don't think that the crosses over makes much sense ( and I don't know if there is lore/plot in the game that explains things) SMT and Persona are at least pretty interesting games, so this is neat to see. I guess the only real thing to note besides some new character models/ animations (not that they looks that great since it's mobile) is that the voice actors for the characters recorded new dialogue.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Looks all around terrible, but I guess that gives Berserk more exposure...? Trying to be positive here.

Hey, that's definitely a positive. Gacha games are all the rage right now, but are also highly competitive and often don't last long. Looks like this game has been going for over two years and getting decently high profile collaborations, so that must have at least a decently large player base.

The timing is interesting to me, as originally the Berserk Exhibition would have already wrapped up. I wonder if they were originally planning on releasing this earlier. Maybe they held out for a new exhibition date and couldn't wait any longer. Just seems like something they'd want to have going at the same time cross-promotion wise.

A little off topic, but I feel like the exhibitions delay could be bungling other Berserk surprises and cross-promotional events. There might be lots of little things like this in the pipeline that could be getting trickled out soon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The timing is interesting to me, as originally the Berserk Exhibition would have already wrapped up. I wonder if they were originally planning on releasing this earlier. Maybe they held out for a new exhibition date and couldn't wait any longer. Just seems like something they'd want to have going at the same time cross-promotion wise.

Actually, I don't think it's necessarily related. The Berserk Exhibition has its own sets of partners under its own label, while this one's based on the TV series licence. They've done other mobile game collaborations in the past (including a previous one with this specific game), so I don't think it's directly tied to the event.

Top Bottom