Snakes on a Plane

"Griffith No More!" said:
I just thought it was worth mentioning that the "most fun" movie with the "genius" title totally fucking fell off the face of the Earth, much like this thread.

It's comforting to know that the Internet is still meaningless, even in hype itself. =)

Yeah that did make me depressed when i saw it barely made 15 million dollars at the box office. I think its because a lot of junior high kids wanted to see the movie but couldnt because of the R rating, but the junior high kids would think that the movie would have wimped out if it was pg-13, so its a lose lose situation really.

Oburi

All praise Grail
"Griffith No More!" said:
I just thought it was worth mentioning that the "most fun" movie with the "genius" title totally fucking fell off the face of the Earth, much like this thread.

It's comforting to know that the Internet is still meaningless, even in hype itself. =)

Yea but you know what, me and my friends still liked it and I saw it twice actually. Then I got a phonecall from Jackson himself yelling at me. I don't know if I still have the e-mail that allows you to send Jackson phonecalls but if I find it I'll post it somehow. But yea SOP will remain a winner in my book. I didn't really expect it to be like...Casablanca, Gone with the Wind, The Godfather and Snakes on a Plane.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Over a year ago, my friends and I had started hearing about a movie called Snakes on a Plane. It sounded so ridiculously absurd that we knew we just had to see it. I mean, Samuel L Jackson was going to fight a bunch of snakes. On a plane! We expected it to be so terrible that it would be the most hilarious movie we'd ever seen. Our generation's Rocky Horror Picture Show, if you will. So we all went to the first showing on the 17th, still thinking that there was a possibility that the whole thing was a joke, that we would sit down in the theater only to have Samuel Jackson appear on the screen saying, "Gotcha!" It turned out to be one of the most enjoyable experiances I've had this summer.

Even though its an absurd premise, I felt the movie held the plot fairly well. And it also managed to hold tension extrememly well. It was serious and funny at exactly the right times, with several moments of over the top awesomeness sprinkled in. But, the best part of the movie (as is the case with Rocky Horror) is that:
Oberi said:
I saw it opening night and i must say it was the most fun I've ever had in a theater. Everyone was laughing and cheering everytime Jackson killed a snake whether it be with a speargun or hairspray flame thrower. And of course everyone sang along with Jackson's most memorable line.
This was the case in my theater, and the energy and just, unity (call is populism if you want) made for an incredible experiance that I will not soon forget. I will buy this movie on DVD, and my friends and I will get a kick out of every time.

Top Bottom