So cold around the midwest

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: So cold ...

It's supposed to get down to 3F/-16C this weekend. I'm pretty sure that's the coldest temps I've ever been in. :magni:

Wow, -16C is around the coldest temp you've ever been in???? Crazy, I'm from the east coast in Canada and I've been in -40C. Consider yourself lucky lol. Although Canadian winters are sad compared to what they use to be and winter is like non-existant here around Toronto.

Ah, I suppose it would be...never been to the southern parts of the states. I know when I went to Japan in November I thought it was crazy that it was 25C for two days in Kyoto. Which is well totally weird for me since Canada usually has snow by then.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
3 feet wow... we got 3 inches and schools closed. No joke.

School has been closed so far every day this week. To be completely honest, I don't feel they should have cancelled it today. I want to learn me some maths. :azan:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/weather/bal-record-winter0210,0,6867639.story
STERLING, Va. - The current storm has put Baltimore over the top for its snowiest season on record.

Bryan Jackson of the National Weather Service says that as of 7 a.m. Wednesday, 5.2 inches of snow had fallen since Tuesday at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport. That brings the total snowfall since December to 65.6 inches and is the most since record-keeping began in Baltimore in 1893. The previous record, from 1995-96, was 62.5 inches.

Meanwhile, Washington is only about 4 inches away from its record of 54.4 inches from 1898-99. Jackson said the city has gotten another 5.1 inches since Tuesday.

Washington Dulles International Airport, which already had its snowiest season before the current storm began, has gotten another 4 inches. That brings its total for the season to 67.5 inches.

Snowing again and school is cancelled for me tomorow. Also it's snowing on Monday now. :azan:

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
It was bad. I still can't leave campus cause the sidewalks are all ice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n9nNA7RKug

In my region temperature didn't go that low for about 30 years, it was -26°C a couple weeks back, for now it's just -4°C. They say many beehives didn't survive this winter.

D-Scape said:
I invite you all to Norway. The southeastern parts of the country is having a cold wave right now and the temperature in my area is getting close to where Fahrenheit and Celsius converge: -40°. Some of the worst places are even colder.
Thanks for the invitation, but I think Norway looks better in summer. :carcus:(lived two months in Halden this year)

Top Bottom