Status of Berserk's Pre-publication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Excuse-me, but is Heiji-sama a real japanese insider ? Because every time he gives us infos that we could already know by ourselves, just by checking out the cover of the next Young Animal issue here https://www.younganimal.com/magazine/next.html

1) We're aware that there is a web page on Young Animal's official website that announces what will be in the next issue. I was already posting previews from YA.com 15 years ago.
2) Heiji posted about the next issue on Tuesday. That's more than 48 hours before the official web page got updated.
3) Most of the early information that gets posted on this forum originates from Japan, either directly sourced there or reposted from Japanese websites.
4) Some people enjoy being on the lookout for that sort of information and then bringing it to us as fast as they can. It's a public service that saves others time and effort, and they get nothing in return except a few thank yous.
5) Not that it's anyone's business but Heiji does reside in Japan, and I can attest to the fact that he has been providing us with fast and reliable information for years.

1) We're aware that there is a web page on Young Animal's official website that announces what will be in the next issue. I was already posting previews from YA.com 15 years ago.
2) Heiji posted about the next issue on Tuesday. That's more than 48 hours before the official web page got updated.
3) Most of the early information that gets posted on this forum originates from Japan, either directly sourced there or reposted from Japanese websites.
4) Some people enjoy being on the lookout for that sort of information and then bringing it to us as fast as they can. It's a public service that saves others time and effort, and they get nothing in return except a few thank yous.
5) Not that it's anyone's business but Heiji does reside in Japan, and I can attest to the fact that he has been providing us with fast and reliable information for years.

Oh, okay sorry. Thanks Heiji-sama !

Hmmm, IIRC unless we get new episodes in both November and December, this year will have had the least amount of (non-zero) episode releases (4 in one year was the previous non-zero minimum right?).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This is ... bogus. It's one thing to have a completely unpredictable release schedule, and another to totally ghost fans on anniversaries like this, when the expectations had been set by previous celebrations. I expect an incredible present to make up for this. :puck:

Hmmm, IIRC unless we get new episodes in both November and December, this year will have had the least amount of (non-zero) episode releases (4 in one year was the previous non-zero minimum right?).

I think comparing this year to 2013 makes sense, considering that was when Gigantomakhia was being prepared and released, and this year saw Duranki's release (even though that's from Studio Gaga, not necessarily just Miura). That's likely about as much meaning as can be squeezed from it though.

Why not simply delay 359 for October then. Ugh, this is so dumb. Makes no sense
I'm pretty sure he released 359 to promote Duranki. I was hoping that he would continue releasing episodes every other month alongside Duranki to help promote it further, but alas reality is more cruel.

You know, I often get astonished at how hopeful hardcore Berserk fans are. No matter the peril ahead of us, no matter the grim history behind us, we seem to always hope for the best. :shrug:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
I was hoping to get a month of Berserk then Duranki alternatively. Wishfull thinking after all. Fine with me, my friend got my vol 40 so I guess it's time for my classic reread when a new volume gets out.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Makes me wonder generally if Duranki will be a longer series or if it will be just a volume like Gigantomakhia. Anyways, i don't expect any Berserk till the first volume is released.
So, no Berserk for, let's say, 8 months.
I hope not.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Makes me wonder generally if Duranki will be a longer series or if it will be just a volume like Gigantomakhia. Anyways, i don't expect any Berserk till the first volume is released.
There's no reason for Berserk to be on hold while Duranki is being launched. While yes Berserk was on hold until Gigantomakhia finished up, that's because he was fully involved in producing it. Whereas Duranki is primarily the work of his studio.

I understand that in lieu of any actual explanation from Miura on the delay it's tempting to cobble together something, but this one doesn't seem to hold water.

So, no Berserk for, let's say, 8 months.

You see what you did to poor Raffo here with your guesswork? He's already convinced. :puck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom