Status of Berserk's Pre-publication

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could create short-term delays overall as things get situated. Ultimately though, this expansion is a way for Miura to shape Studio Gaga into a more efficient production model. So that means good things for Berserk. We're just in a drought for now.
Appreciate all the info. It's fair to say I definitely wasn't up to date with all of those developments.

Ultimately, however, I've lost interest in speculating the reason for the delays. Can't say it is out of Berserk's nature to be this slow with releases.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ultimately, however, I've lost interest in speculating the reason for the delays. Can't say it is out of Berserk's nature to be this slow with releases.

Due to the ongoing delays, it is simultaneously the most painful and most consistent topic of discussion for Berserk. And the regular "no info" updates only serve to reignite talking points around a topic that hasn't changed in well over a decade. Happy new year! :ganishka:

Beelzebud

[...] Into the abyss will I run [...]
Thanks for the update @Heiji-sama

But its sad how our hope keep going down month by month. I believed that 2020 would be the year for Berserk since Duranki was announced and due to the last two chapters, i really believed that Berserk will rise again, but my hope isn't the same now. :judo:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
But its sad how our hope keep going down month by month. I believed that 2020 would be the year for Berserk since Duranki was announced and due to the last two chapters, i really believed that Berserk will rise again, but my hope isn't the same now. :judo:

Don't despair, it'll come back in due time and in good shape I'm sure of it. This is a perfect opportunity for a re-read if you're due for one. :guts:

The one thing i would look out for is the next release of Duranki. I speculated a bit on it but i feel like the next 2 episodes should give us a glimpse on the planned length of the series. As it stands now, it could very well end with one volume, similar to Gigantomakhia, or they might could go beyond that depending on how the studio plans to balance their workload. As of now I simply don't see nor agree with the narrative that it doesn't reduce Berserks production, the workload that Miura puts into Duranki is still 75% of Manga production.

Obviously the most hopeful and optimal situation would be for Duranki to be one volume, and use the experience the Assistants got over the last year inking the series to Berserk and maybe achieve a similar, or even slightly better release schedule. If i were you guys i wouldn't hope for any Berserk till the first volume is finished or close to being finished. It sounds harsh, but unlike Gigantomakhia, i simply don't have enough interest in Duranki to see how it turns out and for me its a bigger nuisance than enjoyment looking forward to its releases.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The one thing i would look out for is the next release of Duranki. I speculated a bit on it but i feel like the next 2 episodes should give us a glimpse on the planned length of the series. As it stands now, it could very well end with one volume, similar to Gigantomakhia, or they might could go beyond that depending on how the studio plans to balance their workload.

I don't know why you're so intent on believing Duranki will be a one volume affair. Miura is going through the trouble of hiring new assistants so his studio can work on both titles. He said as much when Duranki started, and rearranged the working space so 7 assistants could work together. It wouldn't make sense to do so if it was going to be a short-lived title. Instead, what I think people should consider here is the fact Miura just isn't finding suitable assistants. It's already what he was saying in the interview he gave when Duranki started. He had tried to find some before starting Duranki and failed. Has he found competent people since? And if so are they integrating well? This is the real issue as far as I'm concerned. As for Duranki's length, I admit I haven't really cared much, but it doesn't seem to be intended as a one volume story to me. However one would presume that its popularity with readers is what will decide whether it keeps going or not. And if Miura really can't find more assistants, then I guess a compromise will have to be found so Berserk can go on.

Obviously the most hopeful and optimal situation would be for Duranki to be one volume, and use the experience the Assistants got over the last year inking the series to Berserk and maybe achieve a similar, or even slightly better release schedule.

Six episodes of Berserk were released in 2018. That's equivalent to Duranki's bimonthly release schedule. Miura's goal is clearly to do better than that for Berserk.

don't know why you're so intent on believing Duranki will be a one volume affair. Miura is going through the trouble of hiring new assistants so his studio can work on both titles. He said as much when Duranki started, and rearranged the working space so 7 assistants could work together. It wouldn't make sense to do so if it was going to be a short-lived title.

Im very aware about all of this, i simply don't think that 2 additional assistants make it a game changer for the studio and its production in regards to Berserk. In 2019 a total of 2 Berserk episodes have released and none thus far 3 months into the new year. We already knew about a new project coming since last year April. I agree on there having to be a compromise to be made if it goes on for longer though.

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
i simply don't think that 2 additional assistants make it a game changer for the studio

That would be three more. As of volume 40 Miura had four assistants.

In 2019 a total of 2 Berserk episodes have released and none thus far 3 months into the new year.

Because the team and their working process is undergoing serious changes, including the launch of this new series. All of this reinforces what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom