Suspect Arrested in JonBenet Ramsey's Case in Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the world is a strange place. Good thing the guy got caught though, and in Thailand of all countries. Unfortunately I bet he didn't remain inactive during all this time.

CnC

Ad Oculos
accidentaly killed her while drugging her and raping her.
...what a world.

And here we were all certain it was the parents.

S

smoke

Yeah, I was sure it was the parents.

Some TV shows were kicking around the idea that this might be a "false confession". Sounds like they're still sure it was the parents, too.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, YOU FASCIST!
"Asked by a reporter if he was an innocent man, Karr replied, "No."

"the suspect asked police what charges he was facing. When they replied first-degree murder, he said: "No, it's second-degree -- it wasn't intentional,""

Well, he's not making it any easier on himself...

[quote author=CNN]Pam Paugh, Patsy Ramsey's sister, said, "I don't feel that I need to stand here and say to the world, 'I told you so...'[/quote]
But uh... ya just did, lady.

Ramsey attorney Lin Wood said Karr "has some background" in Conyers, Georgia, an Atlanta suburb.
That's where I was raised... creepy.

CnC

Ad Oculos
BayJumper said:
Hope the bastard gets what he deserves. Still, how in the hell did he managed to get a job as a school teacher at an elementary school in Thailand?

Its common knowledge that Thailand believes Ramsey was killed by her parents. ...duh

I also heard sumthin about a false confession. But in the end he probably did kill her....that or he's trying anything not to be a guest in a Thai prison.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Is this really that surreal? This guy's obviously got issues. He was reportedly (by his own family) "obcessed" with the Jon Benet Ramsey murder. And there's been lots of doubt cast on the validity of his confession primarily because his wife brought up an alibi that he was with HER during the time Jon Benet was murdered.

BayJumper said:
Hope the bastard gets what he deserves.
Jesus, dude... he's innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. Even if he has indirectly confessed to the murder, there's no physical evidence linking him to it. We're all just SOOOOOO excited to see anything happening in this long-buried case, but let's not turn into ignorant fucks dragged by our balls by whatever focus the media takes. Please?

The link jepn provided gave some great advice:
[quote author=Jeffrey Toobin, CNN Senior Legal Analyst]No one is more impatient than a journalist. We want our stories resolved -- SOLVED! -- as soon as we learn about them. But in this case, of all cases, it's a good idea to take a deep breath, wait for the charges, the evidence and even the verdict, and then make up our collective minds.[/quote]

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Something the local news pointed out tonight, aparently Karr said he picked her up from school in his confession, which was apparently impossible because school was not in session at the time of the murder.

I bet he's just a wierdo, stuff like this happens from time to time. The DNA tests should prove whether he is or isn't the killer. Either way I hope he gets locked up.

CnC

Ad Oculos
so anderson cooper's blog is done by Jeffrey Toobin. whats the point?

I see where they're coming from on this tho. This is so out of left field it could be bs. I suppose we'll have to wait for his confession to be substantiated.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
People actually care(d) about this?

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30112?issue=4227&special=1997

So, I guess in order for a child's death to be noticed by the media and the general public, the child must be cute as a button, or better yet, win a beauty pegeant? What a damn shame. Just what kind of a news media we have here anyway? Nothing but bunch of fuckin' hypocrites, I tell ya.
Also regarding the Ramsey case, according to Daily News, Karr was a wanna-be profiler of the known child murderers, and not only he extensively researched about them and their backgrounds, he also even tried to contact and interview them as well.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BayJumper said:
According to Daily News, Karr was a wanna-be profiler of the known child murderers, and not only he extensively researched about them and their backgrounds, he also even tried to contact and interview them as well.
I HOPE HE ROTS AND GETS WHAT HE DESERVES!

And if you'd read the article that's linked at the very first post here, you'd know that the above is common knowledge.

CnC

Ad Oculos
BayJumper said:
How awesomely contradictory is that of you. First you tell me that he's "innocent until proven guilty at the court of law", and now you tell me that?

jeez dude. Even _I_ picked up the sarcasm on that one...

Griffith

BayJumper said:
So, I guess in order for a child's death to be noticed by the media and the general public, the child must be cute as a button, or better yet, win a beauty pegeant? What a damn shame.

HelenLovejoy.jpg

Yeah, because private family tragedies SHOULD get national media coverage in any case, so nosy busybodies that feed off this sort of thing can have the fun of forming ignorant, judgemental opinions about something that has nothing to do with them and is none of their business (plus, all those juicy details, huh? Yum Yum!). Sounds awesome, I'm down. I think the most obvious suspect is obviously guilty, and it's important that I say this, so it will be taken seriously. And get this wild idea, I think the guilty should be punished! Now that I've gotten the ball rolling and set an example for everybody, hopefully the authorities will follow my lead and do something about this.

P.S. Someone is 0 for 2 on getting point today, let's see if this last one gets through. [FX: A LITTLE SLOW]

CnC

Ad Oculos
BayJumper said:
You're right, Giff. Whenever a crime of any kind occurs, anytime or anywhere, the public mustn't know about it. In fact, it shouldn't even bother anyone to contibue living, as if nothing bad had ever happens in this wonderful world. Like they say, "Ignorance is a bliss."

For someone who led this wonderful little discussion with the extremely ignorant 'hope the bastard gets what he deserves', you sure are quick to try and take this conversation to the high road _now_.

As far your sudden argument that society somehow benefits from rehashing a 10 year old investigation, I would argue that we've heard enough about it. Let the investigation be done, let the people be charged, move on already. The media's ridiculous level of coverage of a 10 year old white child's murder is beyond any level that the topic can reasonably be given. Especially when there are far more important things that could affect society than this kid's murder.

Basically, the publics heard enough.

Griffith

BayJumper said:
You're right, Giff. Whenever a crime of any kind occurs, anytime or anywhere, the public mustn't know about it. In fact, it shouldn't even bother anyone to contibue living, as if nothing bad had ever happens in this wonderful world. Like they say, "Ignorance is a bliss."

Then you must be the happiest person in the World; 0 for 3 on getting the point today, and your reply is embarrassingly unreasonable and stupid. Your retort is written in the twisted, absolute extremes of a petulant child (see the bolded selections), with no connection to what I said, an actual argument, or reality, for that matter. I take that back, a child wouldn't make such a disingenuine reply.

Anyway, don't let me spoil your furiously masturbating to JonBenet autopsy photos; it's YOUR RIGHT. :carcus:

S

smoke

Griff, I couldn't agree more. I once wrote a ten page essay on why the media should stop elevating things like the JonBenet case and the Laci Peterson thing to the national spotlight. It seems like there always has to be one, and only one, DRAMATIC SMALL TOWN CRIME that everyone in the nation knows about.

You don't know these people. This doesn't affect you. Stop.

The same people who get into this kind of crap are the same people who are pouring money into shit like the Enquirer.

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
I think this is getting ridiculous already.  The media has turned this case into a media circus (same with the Laci Peterson case), so much so that even America's Most Wanted won't even get into the case, since as their newsletter roughly put it, 'was no longer just about finding a little girl's murderer'.

Honestly I think this guy isn't the actual killer.  I think he's just some nutjob that was obsessed with the case and confessed to the crime as some sort of desperate cry for attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom