temporary chat folder

i love www.dictionary.com
you can find any word there, or just about any word. i look up the naughty words...  ;D
its like human nature to see the meanings of durdy wordies...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
While were onto the subject of height/weight (for some reason...) Im 5' 8" and weight a measly 130lbs. Pics of me are in my Me section.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
{B456273D-DC82-4E63-ACD9-23B8814E5A99}.jpg

Not sure if this link will work... but it should be my pic...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thats my old car. Thats a pretty old pic actually. I dont have glasses anymore. I had laser eye surgery just over a year ago. My current car is a white 97 Subaru Impreza.

i have a 92 Blazer.
it doesnt start up very well(need a new alternator)and the front passenger window wont roll down all the way and gets stuck when you roll it down...
and i just got a new cd player in there to, set me back $240...

Fish: i cant tell much from your pic...got any more?

Fishbomb

Beth.jpg

oookay... here's another one, *grins* I got more but they are on geocities, and they won't link pics : >:( >:(

Hey! Youre hiding your face! No fair! Howd you get interesting In berserk ranemaka?

ive actually been interested in Berserk once before i actually started becoming nearly obsessed with it. first time was when i read about the game. i naturally d/led some of the videos and was amazed at the violence and the sword Guts had.
so i started searching for more about berserk, thats when i cam across BSOM. i found the scans, read them and wanted more. naturally, i couldnt find anymore scans so i gave up on finding them(this was two years ago i think...). i was also afraid to go into chat rooms or message boards of any type at that time. time passed and i forgot about it.
then something brought up my interest again, but im not sure what. i re-read the scans, searched the links, found this site, read the post-eclipse scans, looked at the "events of importants" scans, read the speculations, and looked at the "current chapters". i was hooked and i needed another "hit", fast.
i went to the BSOM BBS. i read most of the posts there and stayed an observer for about a month or two until i got enough cajones to post. and the rest is history.

what about you?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
what about you?

Well Cronus got me started very vaguely. He mentioned an anime called Berserk around the summer of 99 and I was bored so I picked up the fansubs and I was instantly hooked the second I saw episode 1. I followed fansubs for a while, and discontent with not knowing what would happen next (the tapes were only up to episode 12 at the time), I went out and bought the manga. After that (not knowing Japanese) I started asking questions on BSOM, and voila!

i must say, youre site influenced me alot in my decision to buy the manga. it also got me hooked alot faster than i wouldve been if it hadnt existed.
so thank you for this site.

Fishbomb

I first heard of it from teh Dreamcast game, and thought... hmm blood, huge sword, nice!

Then I got my cable connection (shitty as it is) and started to download fansubbed anime (we do not have anything like that in sweden), I recognised the name and thought, why not? I downloaded the first few episodes in REALLY shitty rm format, saw the first one and was intrigued, saw the second and third one and was hooked beyond belief.

I remember running up to my roommate, screaming to him: "Come on, you've GOT to see this!" And of course he loved it as well...

In fact all of my friends who I have shown it to have been totally hooked, running up to me with deleriously happy smiles on their faces, thanking me. Except one. He only saw the first episode and thought it looked unrealistic and boring... what a moron!

A fun fact: I actually don't own the Berserk Manga. I bought all of them + translations as a birtday gift to said roomie on his 30:th birthday...

So I can read them all the time.. *evil snicker*

Fishbomb

I agree with Ranemaka there... if not for you Walther, I would never have got the Manga so quickly. Your post eclipse scans made me love it, and your refusal to scan more made me fork out the cash... *grins*

It is a bit bad really that you have taken down the post eclipse scans. I can understand why, but I think it hooked a lot more people to the manga than just summaries would. To see the pics, to realise how wonderful it is, a lot better than the anime...

I think you should put them up again, the copyright infingement should be more than made up by the recruitment of new manga buyers...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
i must say, youre site influenced me alot in my decision to buy the manga. it also got me hooked alot faster than i wouldve been if it hadnt existed.
so thank you for this site.

Youre welcome! Im glad my site influenced you to buy them, because I thought having it would unintentionally make ppl NOT buy the manga =) IN my opinion, scans are a necesary evil right now. This site exists, and i scan current chapters so that we can all have really deep meaningful conversations about Berserk and its future.

damn! this is interesting:

fuck;
Word History: The obscenity fuck is a very old word and has been considered shocking from the first, though it is seen in print much more often now than in the past. Its first known occurrence, in code because of its unacceptability, is in a poem composed in a mixture of Latin and English sometime before 1500. The poem, which satirizes the Carmelite friars of Cambridge, England, takes its title, “Flen flyys,” from the first words of its opening line, “Flen, flyys, and freris,” that is, “fleas, flies, and friars.” The line that contains fuck reads “Non sunt in coeli, quia gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk.” The Latin words “Non sunt in coeli, quia,” mean “they [the friars] are not in heaven, since.” The code “gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk” is easily broken by simply substituting the preceding letter in the alphabet, keeping in mind differences in the alphabet and in spelling between then and now: i was then used for both i and j; v was used for both u and v; and vv was used for w. This yields “fvccant [a fake Latin form] vvivys of heli.” The whole thus reads in translation: “They are not in heaven because they fuck wives of Ely [a town near Cambridge].”

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I spen a great deal of time on the casca one. If youll notice I even gave her some shading around her eyes and face. Its my favorite of my icons, its the highest quality.

Fishbomb

The whole thus reads in translation: “They are not in heaven because they fuck wives of Ely [a town near Cambridge].”

I am feeling enlightened here! It is a bit like the good old HaX0r codes...

Top Bottom