The Big Berserk Exhibition

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t think it would be crazy to host the full exhibition in New York City. There are thousands of US fans who would travel there. I hope they know that it’s feasible, or that DH is doing its best to court them on the idea.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Starting today, a number of items sold at the exhibition are available to purchase online, through the website of the mall where the pop-up store is located. It will close on November 19. It's likely all but impossible to use that store for people living outside of Japan without using a broker, but still, worth mentioning.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Artwork of Berserk book is indeed available there for 3850 yen, about $25. However as Aaz noted, there is no international shipping. So this probably isn’t what was meant by the previous announcement that certain items would be available for online purchase.

Quite a bummer that they’ve held international fans out of the loop for so long. It’s been 2 years now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yet more pop-up stores will follow, this time in Gifu and then Isesaki. First stop will be in MALera Gifu from February 23 to March 3, and then in SMARK Isesaki from March 23 to March 31.

It looks like they're trying to hit a lot of smaller cities now. Makes me wonder why they're only doing pop-up stores and not an online shop, since they're not exhibiting anything, but what do I know.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Makes me wonder why they're only doing pop-up stores and not an online shop, since they're not exhibiting anything, but what do I know.
Just a guess, but maybe they aren't set up to do shipping at scale, and partnering with a third-party to fulfill orders would cut into their profit margin. I agree though, if they opened these to international markets, they'd be selling out their whole stock. Seems like something a more savvy business person would seize on, to me... I know what Magnifico would do.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The next pop-up store will be in Osaka, in the Umeda district. It'll be located on the 13th floor of the Daimaru Umeda department store, and will be open from April 10 to April 29, and from 10:00 to 20:00.

I went to the Gifu Exhibition today.
It was kind of a letdown honestly, they had nothing but merch, so I coped with not seeing any props by buying (almost) everything I wanted! :guts:
(as the video is too large, here's one of the few pics I took:slan:)

Attachments

• 20240223_175350.jpg
    20240223_175350.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 32

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I went to the Gifu Exhibition today.
It was kind of a letdown honestly, they had nothing but merch, so I coped with not seeing any props by buying (almost) everything I wanted! :guts:
(as the video is too large, here's one of the few pics I took:slan:)

Yeah, it's not the actual exhibition at all, really just a pop-up store to sell merchandise. If they actually hold the exhibition again, I really recommend you to go. The statues and dioramas are only decoration, it's Miura's artwork that's worth seeing.

TheItCrOw

Knight without Title
The next pop-up store will be in Osaka, in the Umeda district. It'll be located on the 13th floor of the Daimaru Umeda department store, and will be open from April 10 to April 29, and from 10:00 to 20:00.
You have got to be kidding me, I'm exactly leaving Osaka at the 9th or 10th of April :judo:

Well, at least I'm not missing something crucial judging by the comments.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Next pop-up store will be in Takaoka (Toyama Prefecture).

It will take place from May 2nd (Thursday) to May 8th (Wednesday), and will be situated in Aeon Mall Takaoka, East Building, 1st floor Central Court. Opening hours are 11:00 to 17:00 for week days, 10:00 - 17:00 for weekends.

Top Bottom