The Big Berserk Exhibition

Saw the link to this on the Exhibition website. Looks like a new Pachinko collab with Koei Tecmo will be displayed at the exhibition as well.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Saw the link to this on the Exhibition website. Looks like a new Pachinko collab with Koei Tecmo will be displayed at the exhibition as well.

I don't think it will be at the exhibition. Seems more of a cross-promotional thing among "Berserk partners". Trying to squeeze whatever value they can out of the Musou game I guess.

Anyway, the more interesting news since the last time I checked that site (long ago) are the much bigger and nicer reproductions of Miura's art ("Character Fine Graphs") they're now listing in the shop. Granted, they're also MUCH more expensive, ranging from 33,000 yen to 66,000 yen ($300 to $600), and they'll be made-to-order.

BerserkExpo-CharacterFineGraphs.jpg

Wow, those are all some of the all time greats. The Type F of Guts and Griffith was my main wallpaper back in high school. Expensive though....

High school you say? Wasn't it painted only 10 years ago? :flora::SK:
If that's true then I'm mistaken, it must have been University.....:flora:

If you had to pick just 1 and price wasn't an issue, which one would you pick? I'm thinking F, D or N....would probably lean towards D.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
If that's true then I'm mistaken, it must have been University.....:flora:

Well it was for the 20th anniversary, so it's actually been a little more.

If you had to pick just 1 and price wasn't an issue, which one would you pick? I'm thinking F, D or N....would probably lean towards D.

I really love the volume covers they've chosen, so it would have to be between those. Among the bigger ones, "Type I" would definitely be my pick. But this is a case where I wish I could just get them all. :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, that Volume 18 one... :beast:

The size of those new ones are also much more appealing for a wall than the smaller ones.

But $500? :stop:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
is there even gonna be a way for us to buy those if we want? its only sold at the exhibition isnt it?

Some of the items may be sold online at a later time, but it will likely still be Japan-only, therefore requiring a broker.

Damn they look great, but definitely expensive though, especially with customs again...
My favourite are F,M,N I think...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hakusensha has updated the schedule for the Big Berserk Exhibition. It will take place at Sunshine City's Exhibition Hall A from September 10 (Friday) to 23 (Thursday). Opening hours will be from 10:00 to 19:00. The "special preview" (basically an exclusive premiere during which a short video message from Miura was supposed to be played) has been cancelled.

They've also added a subtitle: "三浦建太郎 画業32年の軌跡". Basically: "Kentarou Miura through 32 years of drawing/painting".

Do you all think they'll do the exhibit again later in 2021 or 2022? They said it's a moving exhibit (rather it will be held in multiple places in Japan??). I really want to go and I would book a plane ticket in a heartbeat but with Japan Covid restrictions, I don't think foreign travelers going for tourism are allowed. It's really not fair for international fans.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Do you all think they'll do the exhibit again later in 2021 or 2022? They said it's a moving exhibit (rather it will be held in multiple places in Japan??).

They plan to host it in other parts of Japan later on, yes. No details have been given yet.

Does anyone know a service where I can pay someone to pick up items for me at the exhibit and ship them to me? Any reliable sources? lol.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I just won the ticket lottery to be at the exhibit opening day! I'm so excited and now I can only hope it doesn't get postponed again. I'll be leaving Japan permanently by December so this is probably my last chance to go.

Good for you! And yeah, fingers crossed that it doesn't get postponed again...

Top Bottom