The Big Berserk Exhibition

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I know no one everyone was waiting for it, so here it is: the upgraded list of items that will be sold at the exhibition with their approximate price in US dollars.

OtherGoods_23Dec2020.jpg

BerserkExpo-CharacterFineBoards_23Dec2020.jpg

Oburi

All praise Grail
The smart phone cases are alright. Everything else is kinda meh. The mousepad is a joke. I have a better Berserk mousepad that I bought off ebay years ago. What's that image of Femto in the Beherit shell from? I don't think I've seen that.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The smart phone cases are alright. Everything else is kinda meh. The mousepad is a joke. I have a better Berserk mousepad that I bought off ebay years ago.

I think the sticker is cool. Easily my favorite among the "non-illustrations" goods alongside the cake. The mouse pad is amusing if anything. Better that than a tasteless one with Casca, although I'd have been fine with none at all. The laptop sleeves have to be the worst to me, absolutely horrendous design. Other than that, the whisky glasses are decent but lazy, the iPhone cases are alright, and the towels... I mean... Towels, really? I'd understand a little better if they were beach towels. At least the second one uses a cool illustration I guess.

What's that image of Femto in the Beherit shell from? I don't think I've seen that.

Miura did it for the collector's edition of the third movie. The first two had Guts and Griffith respectively. Similarly, the Mozgus illustration was done for the collector's edition of the 2016 anime.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Still though, overall I'm glad with what they are doing. I was extremely disappointed when they did nothing for Berserks 30th anniversary initially, and although late, this is still a cool way to celebrate.

Fingers crossed for 363 to be released next month, alongside with Berserk being on the cover of YA.

Last edited:
I received an email sent to all those whose names will be displayed on a name panel there.

It essentially acts as a warning and potential opting out of having your name displayed, It states that " In this exhibition, except for some parts, basic photography is possible inside the venue.". And that it will post a sign to refraining from taking name of name panels.... But since photography is allowed within the exhibition it cannot be guaranteed.

Soooo this might act as a bit of confirmation that there will be more photography allowed within the venue than previously thought! Will still have to wait and see.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like they will be offering a reprint of the 1998 calendar

That's neat, although the illustrations are only going to be A4 whereas in the original they were A3. But at least they'll be seen again.
I'll say, though, that it's a bit surprising they'd do this instead of compiling new illustrations for a new calendar. And as a side note, it's odd that they'd link to the website when it's still down...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Disappointing that they aren't gathering some new art or previously unpublished art together into a new calendar, but I guess it's nice for those who never had a chance to get this back in 1997.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Grail

Feel the funk blast

So their idea for promoting the Guts boob mouse pad was surrounding it with panels of Guts freaking out over being touched. That’s rather tasteless.
Keeping it classy.

Since the website isn't working for international fans, i got myself a japanese Vpn and checked if there are any news. They addded some new goods including pretty cool jewelry.
Some of these pieces are honestly really cool! I would buy up all those rings and jam them on all of my fingers. :ganishka:

Atocas

Voice in the Void
Considering all of these are going to be sold at the convention itself, is there some kind of way to avoid the aftermarket on these? Does anyone know some kind of proxy service located near the exhibition for example?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Considering all of these are going to be sold at the convention itself, is there some kind of way to avoid the aftermarket on these? Does anyone know some kind of proxy service located near the exhibition for example?

You'll need to use a broker that can go buy items in a physical store and then see if they'll put up with having to go through the expo, bearing in mind that stock will apparently be limited on at least some of these items. I plan to look into it once the exhibition starts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Exhibition has listed the measures they'll take to ensure the safety of attendants with regards to COVID-19. Those include:

-Controlling the attendance.
-Proper ventilation.
-Regularly disinfecting the exibits and surfaces likely to be touched by people.
-Staff will have to follow strict sanitary rules and wear masks, gloves and face-shields.

Visitors will be required to:

-Get their temperature measured using a non-contact thermometer. If you're above 37.5 °C, you're out.
-Wear a mask.
-Wait in line before entering to ensure the venue does not get too crowded.
-Wash their hands and follow proper coughing etiquette.
-Keep their distance from other visitors.
-Keep conversations at a minimum while in the exhibition or in the waiting line.

Anybody not feeling well or looking ill will be refused entry. Anybody who's been in contact with a sick person less than two weeks prior is being asked not to come. People at risk due to advanced age or medical conditions are being advised not to attend. People who have purchased tickets but get turned away will not be refunded.

Of course, they've also reiterated that the event may be delayed or canceled without notice depending on what measures the government might implement in the coming weeks.

LargeFoldingScreen.png

Additionally, @Walter found this yesterday, some merchandise that's not on the official website yet but seems legit: https://7net.omni7.jp/fair/daiberserkten
There's a few items listed (a wall scroll, a folding fan, a zippo lighter, a bookend, a panini sandwich maker...) but the showstopper is a giant folding screen (pictured above) that's being sold for two million yens, or approximately $20,000. It's 1.72 x 3.45 meters and is a representation of the Eclipse. Limited to 10 units total, but frankly it's hard to believe anyone would pay that much for it.

The official website also has some new merchandise listed (notebooks, pens, bags, neckties, a cushion...) and I'll try to condense that into a comprehensive post at some point soon, but I don't want to do updates every other day. Also if anyone's wondering, the website is still unavailable, and Hakusensha hasn't answered my email inquiring about the issue (which affects all of their self-hosted websites, but not those on AWS).

For those keeping up with the Covid-19 situation in Japan, there has been a state of emergency declared today including Tokyo where the exhibition will take place. Good news is that it's a soft lockdown, and the exhibition should be able to be held as planned.

From this article: ''The emergency declaration, which will be in place for one month, will entail asking residents to stay home and calling for businesses including restaurants, entertainment facilities and department stores to stop serving alcohol by 7 p.m. and close by 8 p.m.''

The exhibition is open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Top Bottom