The Big Berserk Exhibition

I just won the ticket lottery to be at the exhibit opening day! I'm so excited and now I can only hope it doesn't get postponed again. I'll be leaving Japan permanently by December so this is probably my last chance to go.
Congrats! I'm so jealous. At this point it really is a once in a lifetime experience. Hope you have a great time.

Damn dude! You're lucky! I decided not to enter the lottery as I couldn't yet confirm what dates I'd be able to take vacation....(probably wouldn't have won anyways) Enjoy yourself, it's fast approaching! :D

I just won the ticket lottery to be at the exhibit opening day! I'm so excited and now I can only hope it doesn't get postponed again. I'll be leaving Japan permanently by December so this is probably my last chance to go.
Congrats! have the best time ever!!!

So does anyone know the difference between the "Special Advance Lottery" that happened at the beginning of July and the normal lottery they've opened up now? When the Special Advance Lottery opened I though the dates for it(Sep 10-13) would only be having admission from 10 - 11am and normal tickets would just start from the 14th. Looking at the new lottery you can apply for Sep 10-13 after 11 am so what was the point of the Special Advance Lottery? What's so great about the 10am slot for the first 3 days of the exhibit? I don't understand.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
So does anyone know the difference between the "Special Advance Lottery" that happened at the beginning of July and the normal lottery they've opened up now? When the Special Advance Lottery opened I though the dates for it(Sep 10-13) would only be having admission from 10 - 11am and normal tickets would just start from the 14th. Looking at the new lottery you can apply for Sep 10-13 after 11 am so what was the point of the Special Advance Lottery? What's so great about the 10am slot for the first 3 days of the exhibit? I don't understand.
If 10am is the earliest slot on each day, then those ticket holders would have first dibs on merchandise put out for sale each day. Later slots could have less opportunities to buy rare items.

If 10am is the earliest slot on each day, then those ticket holders would have first dibs on merchandise put out for sale each day. Later slots could have less opportunities to buy rare items.
If it's like previous exhibits I've been to it's not like they sell a certain amount each day and leave stock for the remaining days. If they sell out of the entire stock of something in a day then it's gone. The 10 am slot is only beneficial to those that got the opening day. The normal ticket holders from 11am - 7pm on the 10th have better luck with merch than those that got the special tickets for the 11-13th 10am slots.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
If it's like previous exhibits I've been to it's not like they sell a certain amount each day and leave stock for the remaining days. If they sell out of the entire stock of something in a day then it's gone.

Well they do say on the official website that there's a limited amount of items available each day, so it appears to differ from the other events you attended. This is likely done to prevent scalpers from buying everything day one. So getting there early is definitely an advantage from that perspective. It also probably will allow you to enjoy the exhibition with less people around.

If you're going, then please remember as much as you can! Giving, of course, priority to you enjoying the exhibition!

They're opening up tickets sales for a third time now from August 14th. This time for general admission it seems. I just wish they'd clearly tell us what the difference between the 3 ticket options are.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
They're opening up tickets sales for a third time now from August 14th. This time for general admission it seems. I just wish they'd clearly tell us what the difference between the 3 ticket options are.

Well it's like we said before. The "Special Advance" tickets you've got are the best one as they allow you direct access as soon as the exhibition opens. I imagine the second lottery has later slots but that are still better than "general admission" tickets. I haven't really kept up, since the border situation means I won't be allowed to attend. Finally, standard advance tickets (that they're selling now) just mean you don't have to queue in to buy tickets at the event, and they guarantee the buyer won't get turned back because it's already full or such a thing. Then there's the bonuses you can get in addition to the tickets: a beherit pendant or a Dragon Slayer lapel pin.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The exhibition will be selling a new Skull Knight figure from Prime1's Cutie line. Was just announced on Twitter. Looks pretty good!

SK-Cutie1.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Some new merchandise has been added today in addition to the reproductions and "medals" from yesterday. They include sets of cookies, sleep masks and two baseball caps that don't look all that great to me in their preview.

Additionally, the exhibition has announced that an augmented reality experience will be possible using a smartphone app called MiloQ+. It will allow visitors to take an augmented picture with the Dragon Slayer at the entrance to mirror volume 1's cover, as well as to take selfies with Puck in parts of the expo. There will be a small photo contest in which five people will win one of the face masks that the exhibition's staff will be wearing.

It seems that some AR features may be available at home too, but the app is Japan only.

Some new merchandise has been added today in addition to the reproductions and "medals" from yesterday. They include sets of cookies, sleep masks and two baseball caps that don't look all that great to me in their preview.

Additionally, the exhibition has announced that an augmented reality experience will be possible using a smartphone app called MiloQ+. It will allow visitors to take an augmented picture with the Dragon Slayer at the entrance to mirror volume 1's cover, as well as to take selfies with Puck in parts of the expo. There will be a small photo contest in which five people will win one of the face masks that the exhibition's staff will be wearing.

It seems that some AR features may be available at home too, but the app is Japan only.
For IOS users it is possible for you to make an entirely new account and change that accounts country to Japan so you can access the Japanese app store. I switch between my accounts depending on which apps I want to download. Now signing up on the app may require a Japanese phone number or something but I haven't had the chance to download the app yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom