The Big Berserk Exhibition

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The exhibition just announced that they will add "Miura's last manuscript" to the Ginza edition.

Their wording is a bit confusing because they're explicitly talking about "the story after volume 41" and are calling it "the story beyond". I'm guessing they will be displaying some of episode 364 and then maybe some material Miura left (sketches or the like)? This would be huge if so.

A much less appealing (but maybe more likely) alternative would be simply showing some of the continuation as seen in the magazine. That'd be disappointing.

The exhibition just announced that they will add "Miura's last manuscript" to the Ginza edition.

Their wording is a bit confusing because they're explicitly talking about "the story after volume 41" and are calling it "the story beyond". I'm guessing they will be displaying some of episode 364 and then maybe some material Miura left (sketches or the like)? This would be huge if so.

A much less appealing (but maybe more likely) alternative would be simply showing some of the continuation as seen in the magazine. That'd be disappointing.
I just saw it on twitter as well!

Interesting news for sure, I hope we'll get some sketches of unseen characters and alike:puck:

I can't wait to hear more about this, it seems very exciting! I hope someone will be able to share information once it'll be shown at the next Exhibition.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
There it is, courtesy of Mantan.

Ginza-Vol41.jpg
Ginza-Continuation.jpg

It's just some pages from volume 41 and then some pages from the continuation. Just a way for them to advertise that "it's not over!", I guess. Shameful shit.

The fact they chose to frame two of the worst looking double page spreads of the new episodes really gave me a chuckle. This is embarrassing.

I visited the Ginza exhibition today and noticed that they did not have this called out in particular. It appears to be slightly scaled down from the 2021 exhibit. After those most recent panels, it finished with a tribute room to Miura, including memorial illustrations by fellow artists, examples of drafts showing his process, his desk in situ, and the video message he had recorded for the previous time the collection toured.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I visited the Ginza exhibition today and noticed that they did not have this called out in particular. It appears to be slightly scaled down from the 2021 exhibit. After those most recent panels, it finished with a tribute room to Miura, including memorial illustrations by fellow artists, examples of drafts showing his process, his desk in situ, and the video message he had recorded for the previous time the collection toured.
So cool you were able to visit on Day 1 of Ginza! The video is still the most mysterious part of the exhibition. Any details you can offer from your viewing of it? Same atmosphere as the other versions of the exhibition (music, etc)? How were the crowds?

So cool you were able to visit on Day 1 of Ginza! The video is still the most mysterious part of the exhibition. Any details you can offer from your viewing of it? Same atmosphere as the other versions of the exhibition (music, etc)? How were the crowds?
To be honest I was a bit hurried near the end, having to get back to work. I plan on visiting once more before it's finished the run. It was a bit of a mad house on Day 1. For the video, I do recall some bits of what he was saying, like "I'm still happily plugging away, at my own pace," but that doesn't do it justice. I'll give it a thorough watch if I can get back. Maybe even take a voice recording to not misremember it later.

I didn't get to see the previous tour, which seems to have been more in depth (like the sword being forged on hot coals, Casca's doll in the coffin, etc), but had the to-scale Zodd, "Eclipse room", and "Sword in the Stone" type scene for a photo op. Forces was playing right as you entered.

The figures and armor pieces by "Art of War" were all beautiful, but I was most impressed seeing the original panels and cover paintings in person for the first time. By the way, the prints they were selling of those panels are incredibly well done. (I see a lot of printing for my work and these are as close as you'll get to the real deal -- the ink is almost graphite like and rubs/scratches off if not careful... Though anything you see online is marked up 3x from what they were selling for (¥1650)) The canvas print painting repros were OK but didn't compare to the ~A3 prints. Wasn't interested in the other trinkets they were selling to be honest, but some people did make a b-line straight for the gift shop and walked out with multiple bags (and one suitcase) full of stuff.

I expect crowds will thin out some next week, and are especially heavy this week due to most people having Monday + Friday off and linking it for a full week holiday ("Silver Week" here). If I get a chance to visit again I'll let you know!

Maybe even take a voice recording to not misremember it later.
I still regret to this day that I didn't do this. Near the start of the exhibit I accidentally took a picture of something I wasn't supposed to that was right next to something that was ok and was politely reminded that some things were not allowed to be recorded. This made me extra cautious for the rest of the exhibition. I figured by now somebody would be able to follow through with the audio or transcript of the final video but still nothing ....

I still regret to this day that I didn't do this. Near the start of the exhibit I accidentally took a picture of something I wasn't supposed to that was right next to something that was ok and was politely reminded that some things were not allowed to be recorded. This made me extra cautious for the rest of the exhibition. I figured by now somebody would be able to follow through with the audio or transcript of the final video but still nothing ....
If I get back over there, I'll try to record / transcribe in some capacity. Which might be considered heresay, but I wasn't planning to share any audio file out of respect for the touring exhibit. It may well be released in some form once they stop the tour, or if they make a permanent collection somewhere.

Also, it's worth mentioning that this isn't a magical video where he dishes out all the details and secret plans, so probably best not to hype it up that much. He sure did look happy in it though, like genuinely stoked that such a cool exhibit was taking place : )

I was really curious to know what you guys that went to Sapporo bought specifically and what was available at the convention as you didn't go into much detail on the podcast about what specifically you bought, I know you bought various items of clothing.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I was really curious to know what you guys that went to Sapporo bought specifically and what was available at the convention as you didn't go into much detail on the podcast about what specifically you bought, I know you bought various items of clothing.
I got a hoodie (sk emblem), a puck shirt (him and the miniature god hand from vol 15), all of the 2-pg reproductions, the catalog, and some stuff for friends.

It actually reminds me that i need to do some mailings! And I want to find a way to keep those spreads in a binder, as if they were big ass trading cards. But not sure it’s feasible.

Was it easy getting tickets online? Did you encounter any problems or do you have any tips (especially for those who rely on Google translate)?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Was it easy getting tickets online? Did you encounter any problems or do you have any tips (especially for those who rely on Google translate)?

The Sapporo exhibition did not allow for online pre-purchase. I got the tickets in advance at a 7-Eleven. Might be different for Fukuoka, it depends on the local company handling the event. That being said, a Japanese credit card is generally required to make these online purchases, or at the very least a Japanese phone number for two factor authentication.

My advice would be to either have someone buy them for you locally, or to get there in advance to ensure you can get tickets. But, to be honest, when we visited the expo in Sapporo the attendance was light and no one was refused entry. I would expect it to be the same in Fukuoka.

Reactions: Egg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A Berserk exhibition "pop-up store" will be open in Yokohama from November 3 to November 19, per the official twitter account. The location will be somewhere on the third floor of the Marui City Yokohama mall, and it will be open from 10:30 to 19:30.

They will be selling merchandise from the exhibition store and will have some sculptures on display, but (it seems) no original artwork from Kentarou Miura.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A Berserk exhibition "pop-up store" will be open in Yokohama from November 3 to November 19, per the official twitter account. The location will be somewhere on the third floor of the Marui City Yokohama mall, and it will be open from 10:30 to 19:30.

They will be selling merchandise from the exhibition store and will have some sculptures on display, but (it seems) no original artwork from Kentarou Miura.
Hmm, I really hope this isn’t its final state. That’d be a shame.

Top Bottom