The Dark Knight

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
JokerFinal1.jpg

This is it! If they're going for this look (see below) i can't hardly wait. No more purple cartoony stuff (although i loved Burton's movie).

bermejojoker1cf3.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
Re: Joker? *kinda spoiler img ahead*

NightCrawler said:
This is it! If they're going for this look (see below) i can't hardly wait. No more purple cartoony stuff (although i loved Burton's movie).

Whats your source?

NightCrawler

That pic comes from a WB website (www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com), people had to send their emails to remove pixels and access that final image. Just check www.aintitcool.com/node/32723

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Looks cool to me. Guess he'll have a truly WIDE smile. Lots of complaining about the image across the interweb, I don't really see their point though. This looks genuinely creepy to me. I guess they're upset he's not wearing a purple suit?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Walter said:
Looks cool to me. Guess he'll have a truly WIDE smile. Lots of complaining about the image across the interweb, I don't really see their point though. This looks genuinely creepy to me. I guess they're upset he's not wearing a purple suit?

The Purple suit is what made him the joker!

All kidding aside I didn't notice his mouth being all sliced super wide on both sides. I only got to give a quick glance earlier.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Well I like it. The whole "fall into a vat of (INSERT SUBSTANCE HERE) and come out as (INSERT VILLIAN/HERO HERE)" is a bit played out.
I'd like it if the joker was willing decision, playing into the theatrical dichotomy that was hinted at in the end of Batman Begins.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.

Walter said:

OMG YOU GUYZ! MAYBE MIURA WAS INFLUENCED BY THE JOKER WHEN HE DESIGNED VOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Walter said:
This looks genuinely creepy to me.

Same here, which is a good thing, in my opinion. I wasn't expecting him to be wearing the purple suit and having green hair, like in the early TV show, or Tim Burton's Batman, but I wasn't expecting this treatment, either. Looks pretty interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

NightCrawler

Walter said:

Yeah i dont understand too. It was pretty much estabilished on Batman Begins that Nolan was going for a darker, more realistic aproach. Now people are crying cause this is "too disturbing"...
Does Joker has to be flamboyant or what? If they want cheese go see Nicholson play Joker to the sound of Prince. This is a reboot of the series, so the whiners can just suck it and go see fluffy transformers or FF where the looks are everything.
I enjoyed all Nolan's movies, even the remake of Insomnia, so i trust the man to deliver the goods. Even though i was skeptical of Ledger playing the Joker, i think Nolan said it all:
"When asked, "Why Heath Ledger as the Joker?" Christopher Nolan said, "Because he's fearless." :badbone:
Nolan is going for the Joker depicted on The Killing Joke and Arkhams Asylum. Thats a good thing in my view.

To me, that picture looks like Gacy with scars. Creepy.

S

smoke

Yeah, he's looking pretty cool.

Good call, director/costume designer/ whatever.

I have good faith in this next movie. I hope they reinvent it, or capture a new look/idea of the the Batman Univerise that I haven't seen. (Cartoons/Movies/T.V.Show)

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!

Walter said:
I guess they're upset he's not wearing a purple suit?

As long as he has his green hair i'm happy! If not it's still a very nice design that i wont have a problem accepting it. looks to me though that they got inspired by what the joker looks like now (he was shot point blank in the face not too long ago and survived it (with a terribly new scared face)) we'll have to wait and see.

by the way anybody has a clue on which character Anthony Micheal will play? it's supposed to be top top top secret cause if his role is revealed it could spoiled a lot of things...

Very cool. The sliced up face approach (due to whatever reason :???:) is definitely more fitting than a plastic surgery gone awry. Ugh, I can´t wait to see how this turns out. :beast:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Proj2501 said:
Very cool. The sliced up face approach (due to whatever reason :???:) is definitely more fitting than a plastic surgery gone awry. Ugh, I can´t wait to see how this turns out. :beast:
Well, we've still got a ways to go before this one hits the streets. Summer 2008 from what I recall. With this image, I can patently wait with the confidence it'll be kick ass. :serpico:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!

Walter said:
Summer 2008 from what I recall.

Yep and to be precise it's supposed to go out on the 18th of July
Proj2501 said:
The sliced up face approach (due to whatever reason :???:)

I just assume and hope that they make him look like the comics now (because of the previous accident i mentioned) so nothing for sure (just to clarify things out)

jackson_hurley said:
by the way anybody has a clue on which character Anthony Micheal will play? it's supposed to be top top top secret cause if his role is revealed it could spoiled a lot of things...
This doesn't really answer your question, but to give a better idea of what you're talking about to those who were unaware:

Hall stays dead quiet about role in Batman saga
Source: Los Angeles Daily News

"Dead Zone" star Anthony Michael Hall reports the plot of the latest Batman saga, "The Dark Knight," is so secret he's forbidden to even say what character he's portraying.

"I signed a confidentiality agreement, and I can't say which part I'm playing because it affects the story," says Hall. "I can't give away the suspense — it's a $200 million surprise, and I don't want to be the guy to ruin it."

He adds, "I'm excited about it — Christian Bale back as Batman. Heath Ledger is joining the cast as the Joker. Of course, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine return, and they're great."

Hall, who's in the midst of shooting the sixth season of "The Dead Zone," which returns to the USA Network June 17, says his TV series cast and crew bent over backward for him to be in London for the first day of "Dark Knight" production the weekend before last.

"My crew agreed to take a three-day weekend so I could fly Friday to go to London," says the actor, who's also one of the series' producers. "It was just a thrill. I felt like a rock star leaving the set, flying to London, going to shoot on a Saturday, you know?" He adds, "My crew really gave me a gift because they had to all vote union-wise to agree to not take a day's pay to help me out. I felt very honored that they did that for me."

He says he's not scheduled to rejoin "The Dark Knight" shooting till August, after "The Dead Zone" is wrapped. "They're shooting in London, Chicago and Hong Kong. My next dates are in Chicago, the third week of August with Morgan, then I get to go back to London." He adds he's never been a comic-book fan, but "I loved the 'Batman' series, so Batman has truly always meant something to me. It's really been one of my dreams as an actor to become Batman."

For now, he's just happy flying in the same airspace. "It's really a great role. I'm in throughout the whole movie, and I'm really looking forward to working with Christian and Morgan and all these real Hollywood heavy hitters."

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature

It is important for movie viewers to understand immediately that the joker is more than a clown, he's also a murderous beast. Seem familiar? :chomp:
Another important quality of the Joker, however, was that he indeed had a sense of humor, albeit a sickeningly twisted one. I hope that he at least places a sick-minded joke as often as he can.
My favorite aspect of the Joker was his use of humor to both horrify and disgust the victims.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

The Perineum Falcon said:
New images, fresh for you guys. :beast:

ji.jpg

Thanks for postin'.  Well, it looks like the green hair and purple suit are being kept.

berserker88

The Raging Demon

Cant wait for the The Dark Knight, this just fueled the wait dammit!!!

By the way Im back..................schools out for the summer as they say.

Pretty cool, I do really like the twisted approach. But I don't know, it seems like he's missing something to make him fully the Joker, at least in the extreme close up shot. Looks more like one of the Joker's henchmen then the man himself. I'm exited to see how they do this, but I'm not expecting much. I thought Batman Begins was going to be amazing too, then I heard all the corny dialogue. I can only imagine what stupid lines they'll give the Joker.

I gotta say, I'm not much of a Batman fan, but the Joker looks pretty bad ass. I may see this whenever it comes out.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

aufond said:
I thought Batman Begins was going to be amazing too, then I heard all the corny dialogue. I can only imagine what stupid lines they'll give the Joker.

You can thank David Goyer for that. He's been responsible for some pretty cheesy dialogue over the years. In the end, though, I thought the actors in Batman Begins did a good job with their lines, however corny the dialogue itself was.

Top Bottom