The Dark Knight

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
imdb said:
The actor has reportedly been ordered by police to make a court appearance in September.

smoke-fire2.jpg

"Hey, what do you suppose is going on behind that mountain?"

"NOTHING! BS!"

Obviously something happened. Personally, I hope it's just a family spat where the police and media got involved, blowing it out of proportion. After all, he wasn't charged or even really arrested because it wasn't deemed severe, on the other hand, his own mother and sister still went to the police. So, someone's crazy here, and I don't see why anyone is taking more than a wait and see approach, aside from blind Bale love. Imagine if this were Tom Cruise. =)

Griffith

The Perineum Falcon said:
i can't believe he kept his socks on the whole time! i never caught that before.

He even has his sneakers on in the bed! I'd always assumed he put them on while she was fumbling around the apartment.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
So, someone's crazy here, and I don't see why anyone is taking more than a wait and see approach, aside from blind Bale love. Imagine if this were Tom Cruise. =)
Ohh, but that's DIFFERENT! He's clearly criminally insane, just waiting to crack!

Griffith

I'd like to think my favorite actors who lose 62 pounds to play a part, who wanted to get down to 100, and then gained TOO MUCH muscle mass for their next part, are capable of anything. =)

X

Xem

I saw a late showing of the movie last night and someone told us about the whole Bale assault charges right before we walked in to the movie. Apparently some of the girls I was with didn't even want to know about it. *cough* fangirls *cough* But anyway, I had that looming in the back of my head along with Ledger's death during most of the beginning of the movie. Made the experience something different for sure.

So anyway, I have to say I really enjoyed pretty much the entire movie. Like some other people, I as well didn't like the short-lived Two-Face part though. I've always had this image of something-of-a-mob-boss-gangster-kinda-guy with tons of henchmen and that great pin-striped suit and hat to go along with Two-Face. I mean the guy really has a lot of inner demons, and tons of interesting psychology. Though he absolutely served his purpose, I really felt like they rushed his whole part in the Batman franchise. On the other side however, I don't hope that they bring his character back. If they hold at all true to the comics, then we should already have Ra's al Ghul coming back. To have another villian pull the same stunt would be too cliche imo.

The Joker is a whole different story, even though we got nearly 3 hours of story with him, I want more. MORE!. I imagine it'll take them at least a year to find someone to fill those shoes though. Maybe multiple people even.

I absolutely agree with Batman's voice too, particularly when he's talking about more sentimental type of stuff, I really wish he could've eased off it a little. Seemed cheesy.

One thing that I was a little annoyed with is that we weren't left with any clue about who'll be the next villian...
I keep thinking about it and I don't think we'll see anyone from Gotham Knight like Deadshot or Croc. I also am not a big fan of The Penguin or Poison Ivy....

My top candidates would be Mr. Freeze (god knows his role got f'd up bad by Ahhhnold), Mad Hatter, Catwoman (not really sure about this one though), Harley Quinn, or maybe Bane... if they could do it right that'd be too amazing. Though I wouldn't want to see any of the "Techno-Batman" bullshit, so maybe not.

I'd say the Riddler, but it doesn't seem as likely for some reason.

That's all I can really think of for now :)

Griffith

Breed1Ghost said:
I heard the posability of the guy
who tried to blackmail batman , as being the riddler but i dunno if i can believe that.

Where did you hear that from, a similar post on another message board? =)

Actually, my big fear when I first saw that guy was that his name was going to be Dick Grayson, thank God no, but this would possibly be even worse.

Okay I just read a few of the posts and I think
Two-Face is F***ing dead, okay? I have serious doubts about seeing him climb out of the grave,Kill Bill style. I don't think Dent knows the 1 inch punch. or was it 3? The only way I see his return is if he wasn't really buried.

If someone else does take the Joker role, which I wouldn't mind, I think Harley Quinn might be a possible antagonist in the next movie. Although I wouldn't mind seeing some of the Al Ghul family, more specifically Talia Al Ghul and considering
that Batman's last love interest went up in smoke,
I could easily see her being in the next film. I'm also curious if Robin will be in the next movie, in which case Tony Zucco would probably be one of the antagonists. ..hmm although I guess Bane, Poison Ivy, Riddler, Clayface and even Mr. Freeze would make good bad guys. Catwomen could also be interesting. The only antagonist I don't want to see is Penguin.. I just find him boring.

Batman vs Superman would be hilarious too!! :ganishka:

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Breed1Ghost said:
I heard the posability of the guy
who tried to blackmail batman , as being the riddler but i dunno if i can believe that.

The only reason people are saying is because of the red hair.

Also, the sand paper on throat voice masking was a bit annoying, but that is the only criticism I have.

I liked it allot. The script for the joker was mighty awesome and Heith did a great job portraying him (I liked him better than Jack's but I think it is mostly do to the script). Is it just me or do many of the second movies of a franchise seem to be the best ones? EX:( Spiderman 3<<Spiderman1<Spiderman 2 ),(X-men 3<<<X-men 1<<X-men 2) and now Batman 2 the dark knight.

A

avidwriter

Well he talks like that while he's batman so no one who knows him as Bruce will notice the similar voice.

Griffith No More! said:
Where did you hear that from, a similar post on another message board? =)

Actually, my big fear when I first saw that guy was that his name was going to be Dick Grayson, thank God no, but this would possibly be even worse.

My friend had told me but not sure of the site and or person he heard it from so i posted it here to try and share it with everyone. Also wanted to know if anyone else may have heard it as well to bring some light to it.

Yea I wish Two Face didn't die and was the next villian. Ok, if Ledger hadn't died than Two-Face dying would be no big deal. Hell they were filming this obviously knowing the Joker wouldn't die and be back for part 3.
NOW, it's a whole different ball game. You know everyone probably will find fault with whoever fills Ledgers shoes. I think we can all agree on that. As for the next villian, Freeze? Ivy? Riddler? CLAYFACE??? No. Riddler maybe...but IDK he seems like a recycled Joker-esque villian.

So how bout something RADICAL.

A BRAND NEW VILLIAN. *GASP*

EDIT: I really honestly only read Berserk. But I do remember hearing about a newcomer to Gotham City: SIMON DARK. He fights crime, but KILLS the bad guys. I think if anything I'd like Batman to encounter someone like this. Same side, radically different methods. Hell, if the Joker is around for part 3 and let's say Simon Dark was in it. Batman would even have to protect the Joker from Simon Dark. IDK...keep this going
Simon_Dark.jpg

Simon kinda looks like the new joker.But wutever, tweak his look I say!

P.S. I dont even know too much about Simon Dark...so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit 2: We have Scarecrow and the Joker. Let them brainstorm together. Imagine being on Scarecrow drugs while Joker fucks with your head. BAD TRIP.

Edit 3: Please god, no Robin. Let's have these Batman films be BATMAN films.

Griffith

Walter said:
http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

Wow, and when Shawshank finally topped the Godfather; always the bridesmaid, never the bride. =)

Anyway, I'm happy for Batman that he's the undisputed king of the comic universe again, with critics and at the box office. I wasn't comfortable with Spider-Man 3 being the benchmark for success. Now, imagine if Ledger gets an Oscar or the film itself a nomination.

Proj2501 said:
Riddler maybe...but IDK he seems like a recycled Joker-esque villian.

Does Jim Carrey have to play him again or something? There's a lot of directions they could take the character besides the trait of him leaving riddles.

I like the idea of someone who's basically a vigilante like Batman except that he kills, that would be interesting, though they sort of covered that theme in this one, at least as far as Batman is concerned.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Proj2501 said:
A BRAND NEW VILLIAN. *GASP*
P.S. I dont even know too much about Simon Dark...so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
My... ususal chanels... have been hit or miss with Simon Dark so I haven't read much of it. From what I know:
Simon Dark is a protagonist. While he exists in gotham, he hasn't interacted with batman. Batman tolerates vigilantes in his city so long as they follow his rules. Simon Dark does kill but does so not realizing decapitation is lethal (it doesn't kill him :p).

If they're going to do an "unknown," I'd rather they do Hush.

Griffith

Majin Tenshi said:
If they're going to do an "unknown," I'd rather they do Hush.

I too would prefer Hush, he fits better into Nolan's Gotham (I don't know how you justify Simon's origin unless you totally ignore it and change his character). They could also tie him in with Riddler, and speaking of which, lets check out this old thing...

http://www.movieweb.com/news/18/29618.php

While conducting interviews with the cast of The Dark Knight this afternoon, I got a chance to chat with director Christopher Nolan and Gary Oldman about the proposed third segment of their supposed Batman trilogy. While none of us in attendance really wanted to dwell on the death of Heath Ledger, Oldman offered his thoughts on the actor's portrayal of the Joker, calling it the scariest on-screen performance he's ever seen.

He even went on to compare it to his own work as Sirius Black, saying, "Sirius Black might scare six year olds, but he doesn't scare nine year olds. It's hard to scare kids these days. Heath does. He scares everybody. This is one of the most frightening performances I have ever seen put on film." When asked if he thought they should recast Ledger for the third film, or just not include the character, Gary thought it was a good idea, "I don't see why not. I mean, they did it with Katie Holmes' character. I understand that this is a different circumstance, but I think another actor could do the job. I think Heath would want another actor to do the job."

Oldman then took a moment to think about it some more, "Maybe we don't need the Joker. Because we'll have The Riddler." Yes, Oldman alluded to the fact that The Riddler may in fact be the next on-screen Batman villain.

When I asked if he, himself, wanted to come back for a third segment, he smiled coyly, "We don't really know if Nolan is coming back." He then shook his head. "I guess I have to come back." He then put his hand to the side of his mouth as if to hide the next line from everybody, "Nolan will come back for a third one. I think we all have to." It is well known that Oldman tried to get out of appearing in The Dark Knight, but his contract wouldn't allow it.

Next, I asked Christopher Nolan if he wanted to come back for a third Batman film, and he said that he wasn't sure that he wanted to come back, "I don't know. I take my projects one at a time, and I am not thinking about that right now. I don't know if I want to come back." After that, I asked, "If you do choose to make a third Batman film, do you think that you would recast for the Joker? Or will he not appear in the film?"

Nolan's replay, "I don't know. I honestly have not taken a moment away from what is going on with the film now to even think about that. I don't know. I simply don't know."

Highlighted the stuff that's been hot topics in here. Not sure how reliable this all is though, but there should be other interviews addressing these questions, and of course the Oldman Riddler line is all over nerd sites.

BTW, great work by everyone who arbitrarily picked against the possibility of the Riddler as the next villain. =)

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Griffith No More! said:
I like the idea of someone who's basically a vigilante like Batman except that he kills, that would be interesting, though they sort of covered that theme in this one, at least as far as Batman is concerned.

Actually, I think it would fit in quite well with how the story left off in the Dark Knight. Batman is now a wanted man (for reals this time), so if another mysterious vigilante killer popped onto the scene, I could easily see Batman taking the blame for the deaths, and it could be a monumental task to prove he is not the killer and take down the villain/rival. I think the writers could pull this off.

Griffith

Scorpio said:
Actually, I think it would fit in quite well with how the story left off in the Dark Knight. Batman is now a wanted man (for reals this time), so if another mysterious vigilante killer popped onto the scene, I could easily see Batman taking the blame for the deaths, and it could be a monumental task to prove he is not the killer and take down the villain/rival. I think the writers could pull this off.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106364/

:SK:

Scorpio

Griffith No More! said:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106364/

:SK:

lol, I completely forgot about that one. Odd, considering I've seen it a dozen or so times in my youth. Still though, proves it can be done to great effect- AND with the Joker involved! :ganishka:

Griffith

Yeah, you should watch it again, I gave it another look recently and it stands the test of time and more. Arguably still the best written of the Batman movies, and that's no joke. Economical too at 75 minutes, yet it arguably covers more ground than The Dark Knight.

Scorpio

I've really been meaning to watch that again, and also the 1989 film since I haven't seen either of them since I was a kid. I'm especially interested in watching Jack Nicholson's Joker now that I'm able to appreciate/critique it. I just hope my parents still have them, otherwise I'll have to do some shopping.

Top Bottom