The Dark Knight

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Re: The Dark Knight (7/18/08)

Caught the midnight show last night. I was absolutely stunned. The film was very, very well done. And I was really impressed with How Heath pulled off the Joker; that was some amazing acting on his part.

For those of you who have seen it:

Well, I for one just assumed that Two Face would be the villain in the next film, but since they killed him off so early (and his face was pretty gruesome), where do they go from here? I say Cat Woman. Near the beginning of the film, when Batman has his suit revamped and asks if it can handle dogs, Lucius responds with something along the lines of "I think you can handle cats." My thought was that the line was put in there for a reason, since it wasn't entirely relevant to the discussion. Thoughts?

Oh, and it was nice seeing the Chicago skyline--wouldn't you say handsome?

Oh yea.
I was upset they killed off Two-Face so soon. Way too soon. I totally agree, I thought Two Face was the next villian and I could've easily seen a whole movie with him. He lost his 'life', his love, etc and would've blamed Batman for it all. Yea, thinking about it, they could've done SO much with Two-Face. He could've even been the one to free the Joker or hell, Two-Face could've tried to kill Joker and Batman.
But why discuss it really, it's not gonna happen.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

SMZKAH said:
I say Cat Woman. Near the beginning of the film, when Batman has his suit revamped and asks if it can handle dogs, Lucius responds with something along the lines of "I think you can handle cats." My thought was that the line was put in there for a reason, since it wasn't entirely relevant to the discussion. Thoughts?

I think you're reading into that a little much, whether they do
Catwoman
or not.
Bats does need a new love interest, though.
Anyway, you know who really fits into Nolan's "realistic" vision of Gotham criminals though?
The Riddler.
It could be like a real serial killer, or even better, just like Se7en (they could even have Morgan Freeman revive some of his old Somerset material). =)

Also, my conversation with Sparnage reminded me of the Angry Nerd, who's doing a retrospective on all the live-action Batman movies up to The Dark Knight. He's not angry here, but informative, so it's a treat if you're a Batman fan:

Bat-A-Thon (Part 1)
Bat-A-Thon (Part 2)

I love AVGN, yeah, I'm glad he's getting the SPIKE.com thing going. For someone whos done some much filming, he's finally taking off.

DK was a amazing film. From the creators of the Prestage, I wouldn't expectless. I would say it was a step up from Begins, but this movie took 5 steps up. Great movie, worth the wait and the on going (endless) discussions over it!

Berserker_Paradox

Fate demands we strive for what we'll never get.
So, must blog this - I'll briefly state that I saw the midnight showing and haven't been able to stop thinking about it:

Heath gave an all star performance; I've been anticipating The Dark Knight ever since 2005, and when I heard Ledger was playing Joker I was more than skeptical about if he could deliver. Let's just say I had to eat those words. He was everything Joker should be: psychotic, hilarious, eerily intelligent, and bone-chillingly merciless.

The question is, will they even be able to continue, considering the circumstances? If they do, who will be the right villian for the job?

My vote is definitely for the
Riddler
(do I need to spoiler-alert that? I don't think so). He's one of the few that can continue the trend of not-too-cheesy-or-out-there villians. Also, the
Black Mask
(one I never heard about but did research on) looks like he would make a fantastic second villian. Any one got thoughts on a movie with those two? Take it a step further if you do and reccommend casting!

(Below is spoiler thoughts. Please read if you've seen the movie!)

The Joker was left alive at the end of the film, which by the way was perfectly accurate to the way the Batman/Joker motif worked. That scene, among many in the film, was powerful and as real as it gets. Ledger's untimely death, however, forces that storyline to come to a screeching halt. There's just no one who can fill those shoes.

Two-face was incredible - I was expecting the character (referring to Dent post-burning) to look either too cartoony or too realisitc, not able to do it justice, but the computer graphics nailed what a real-life Two-Face should look like. Spot-on. I couldn't help but feel the villian didn't get the spotlight deserved, considering the emotion behind it all. I was captivated by Eckhart's rendition, and was really wanting it to continue to the next movie.

I have two thoughts on this: One, perhaps they felt it would be dragged out if they waited until the next film to touch on Two-Face, so they made the movie longer and finished it out. Even though Two-Face was short-lived, it was still gut-wrenching. I was tearing up during that last scene with Gordon and his family. Eckhart really sold the role. Two, considering Joker "made" Two-Face and wouldn't be around any more, maybe they re-shot an ending that would bring the story to an end. The Dark Knight was so good it can stand alone; I'm not even sure I want another movie becuase this would be near impossible to top. For me, it's really about the villian cast, becuase it's obvious that Bale and Nolan are a slam dunk team for making a great movie. The real issue is how are you going to top two of the best renditions of the best Batman villians?

^
I just got back from watching it. Like stated above, Ledger did an awesome job. Absolutely fantastic, thats all I can say. Also for anyone who hasn't seen it, avoid spoilers like the plague.
I give the movie a 5/5 stars, maybe a 4.5/5 for not exploring
Two face
some more. I think Intense sums up the movie quite nicely.

Edit, I saw the Watchman trailer right before the movie. It looked intense. :isidro:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea I just watched it tonight. The theater was sooo packed. The line went from right outside the theater all the way back to the main doors and outside. Anyway about about the movie film:

AAAAmazing. Not only was the movie just great but the scenes involving Ledger were some of the best scenes I have ever fucking seen. Like others I was very skeptical about Ledger playing the part. I hate just about every role of every movie he'd been in previous to this. But my God this was something else. I was blown away and I wasn't even really expecting to be. I thought his performance was getting a little too hyped up (prolly because of his death) and that I wouldn't enjoy it as much as everyone else, boy did I have to eat my words.

As for the other parts of the film I agree with the majority who say that Two Face could have been an excellent villain used in the next film. I wasn't expecting him too die. But in retrospect I think it's for the best. The final shots of the Joker bothered me because I wanted to see more of him and his fate which they didn't really show..at all, it's understandable though, i guess. As for a new bad guy I'm not sure if the Riddler would be all that great. I think The Riddler directly following The Joker is just too much of that type of character. They still have The Scarecrow right?

Also some parts of the movie felt rushed, or that the scenes ended too quickly withought sufficiently explaining how something happened. For example, how did the joker escape from the building he was in when he crashed that party. Batman had just jumped out the window and landed out front so where did the joker go? I'm sure there is a reason but I remembering wondering about it in the theater. On the other hand the movie was close to three hours anyway so I suppose they couldn't detail every little thing (can't wait for the super special directors cut collectors edition...deluxe). Overall an incredible film. When Batman and the Joker faced off in the street i almost had a heart attack it was so well done.
About the Watchman trailer it does look great. Me an my friends had no idea what it was so we kept guessing out loud what we thought it was. "Silver surfer?...no Darkman?...no Thor? ...o shit The fucking Watchmen!!"

Griffith

Oburi said:
Me an my friends had no idea what it was so we kept guessing out loud what we thought it was. "Silver surfer?...no Darkman?...no Thor?

Those are some pretty good guesses for a trailer with the DC Comics logo at the beginning, bet the crowd was impressed. :guts:

The Watchmen trailer during my showing generated buzz, but most of it ended in, "What was that?/Never heard of that shit" but I'd say people were effectively mesmerized. Things took on a much more somber tone during the Terminator Salvation trailer, I'd describe the reaction of the audience as bemused, uneasy, and uncomfortable overall. They're sure taking that franchise to new places, huh? NEW BLOOD! =)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Just got back from seeing it and I have to agree with what everyone's said so far. Heath was amazing and I don't think anyone could replace him in that role if they decide to make more films.
I loved the "pencil trick" and him exiting the hospital was awesome. I was surprised they wrapped up Two-Face's story in this movie, as I expected him to be the next movie's villain. I'm not sure what to think of Batman being hunted by the cops now that they think he was responsible for killing some of their own, but it definitely wasn't what I was expecting. At least he's still got Gordon on his side.
:guts:

Berserker_Paradox

Oburi said:
As for a new bad guy I'm not sure if the Riddler would be all that great.  I think The Riddler directly following The Joker is just too much of that type of character.

Here me out on this one: The Riddler is one of the most well-known Batman Villians. On top of that, he's not really associated with eccrenticity like Catwoman and Mr.Freeze are, so he's the more feasible for Nolan to pick. Also, the Riddler's more brains that brawn, and that will provide for a very interesting battle. Batman always wins with strength, but the Riddler besting him in wits would be an interesting matchup.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Because I haven't seen the film I appreciate everyone's effort to conceal spoilers (though curiosity made me read them anyway), but it's still hilarious how the whole page is 90% spoiler concealers.

As a matter of fact, I don't think this one even counts as a spoiler:

Berserker_Paradox said:
Here me out on this one: The Riddler is one of the most well-known Batman Villians. On top of that, he's not really associated with eccrenticity like Catwoman and Mr.Freeze are, so he's the more feasible for Nolan to pick. Also, the Riddler's more brains that brawn, and that will provide for a very interesting battle. Batman always wins with strength, but the Riddler besting him in wits would be an interesting matchup.

Berserker_Paradox

Guts' intestines said:
Because I haven't seen the film I appreciate everyone's effort to conceal spoilers (though curiosity made me read them anyway), but it's still hilarious how the whole page is 90% spoiler concealers.

As a matter of fact, I don't think this one even counts as a spoiler:

I agree with you; I figured I was supposed to respond to a spoiler comment with a spoiler. I really want to have an open discussion about it, but then again people who haven't seen the movie yet may have preconcieved notions about what goes down villian-wise in TDK. Don't want to spoil it for them.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
First a question :
Was harvey out of bullets? I'd assume he only had what was in the gun. He had 5 kills. Though 2 were with one bullet. Plus the innefective bullet against batman.

Second a point :
I'm not buying they killed harvey off so fast. They had to sweep him under the rug so they would've given him a funeral regardless. I doubt we'll see him in the next movie unless in a hidden hospital bed. The effects for his face were expensive.

My favorite line from the movie. Joker : Hm

My thoughts on future villians
Mutants, supertech, and mystics are probably out of the question.

Maybe :
Bane : The man who broke the batman's back.
Poison Ivy : Could be done without being a mutant.
Lady Shiva : Not a lot of people can outfight the batman. But I expect a detective focus for the next one, which would downplay her.
Riddler : Great for a detective focus movie that we're due.
Mr. Zsasz : Not a main villian but could be a secondary.
Ventriloquist and Scarface : Could be a good primary.

No :
Hush : A good one but not well known.
Penguin : They've said not next.
Catwoman : They've said not next.
Firefly : Too lame.
Harley Quinn : Doesn't stand on her own well enough.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Berserker_Paradox said:
I agree with you; I figured I was supposed to respond to a spoiler comment with a spoiler. I really want to have an open discussion about it, but then again people who haven't seen the movie yet may have preconcieved notions about what goes down villian-wise in TDK. Don't want to spoil it for them.

Well, as long as nobody has a problem with it maybe another thread can be opened that allows for spoilers. This one could be changed to spoiler-free dark knight discussion. Although its kinda funny to think that you could have a discussion when most details will have to be omitted due to fear of spoiling the movie.

Griffith No More! said:
I agree with everything except Nicholson's performance as Joker being inferior, they're really incomparably different portrayals. Both "The Joker", but totally different characterizations; Nicholson's the classic embodiment, and Ledger more modern avant garde, and I wouldn't disparage either.
Speaking of which, it's a shame Heath isn't around to reprise the role, those lines about them engaging each other forever sure were ironic, and I'm having nightmares of Johnny Depp doing his Willy Wonka impression with lipstick and green hair. Curiosity aside, they should probably retire the character from this incarnation of the Batman series. Shame though.

Again I must disagree, at least to retroactively maligning the 1989 movie. People are forgetting it's virtues, in many ways it's strengths are the weaknesses in the Begins series and vice versa (I just watched them all like back to back). It's very epic, artistic and iconic in every facet, like a comic book come to life, and still the quintessential stand alone Batman movie (I mean, it popularized and added elements to the Batman mythos the new films continue to borrow from and owe it a debt for).

I see where you're coming from. For me the biggest thing I can appreciate about the two Burton versions is they were an important step in the development of a contemporary Batman, being a middle ground between the more dark, gritty modern Batman movies we are now watching and the comical Adam West versions. I agree Burton's versions are far more artistic and iconic than Nolan's version, and it's an example of what Tim Burton will do to give his movies his own personal signiture through such direction and cinematography. I would be curious to know what the new Batman movies would've been like had Burtons versions not been made.
These two were a stepping stone to either direction of how future Batman movies could be portrayed, but unfortunately they paved inspiration for Batman Forever and Batman and Robin years before Nolan came into the picture. Granted very few people will argue they were worthy sequels, regardless they are official and there are similarities among all the movies.

The dark gritty change aside, Christopher Nolan has put considerably more emphasis into character development than Burton did, making it a lot easier for the audience to develop a bond with the protagonist and give depth to the fundamental story in turn. This was more important for me than the Iconic and artistic feel Burton focused on.
Though I thought Keaton was a good choice as a Batman, when he first came on screen he didn't sway far from the dark mysterious character. There was less personality shown and he remained consistent as this style of character through both movies, more socially aloof and with less emotion.
As we are talking about the character like Batman that kind of potrayal can certainly work, however Nolan and Bale's portrayal focused on his drives, strengths and weaknesses and I liked that. These days I'm more interested in comtemporary dramas by production companies like HBO, FX or amc, so this was more fitting to my particular interests as a fan I guess.

As for Heath Ledger as the Joker, well I respect Nicholson as I said and he did it really great.... but for all the reasons you say below and more, I just fell in love with this Joker unlike ever before so I can't be swayed, that's just me. That being said now Ledger's dead, not enough credit goes to Nolan and the writers for the development of the Joker which is a little unfortunate.

Anyway, enough about the past, let's get back to tonight, I really enjoyed this movie, it's a very good film in many ways besides being a Batman movie, especially Ledger's performance. He was creepy, and his actions and plots were very realistically menacing, and there was a lot of gravity to it all, so to speak. This movie could be very genuinely effecting at times, one aspect where it can certainly be said it's superior to the earlier films.
Though I'm a little disappointed they killed off Two Face like that, I thought he was being set up as an awesome and most personal adversary for Batman in the next movie. Like I thought it had potential to top Batman/Joker dynamic in this one. Instead he didn't come to much relative to potential and the time spent establishing him, so sorry Two Face fans.
It wasn't without its flaws, but all in all, good stuff, and I'll be seeing it again next week.

Yeah now I'm curious to know who they'd use as a villian for number 3, assuming there will almost certainly be one now. The style they are going about making the new movies are in a sense more down to earth now, it will no doubt rule out several potential villians to use. I'm stumped to who they will choose. I could've only assumed had Ledger not died, the popularity for the Joker alone would've ensured his return in a future sequel had they made a few more. I can't help but think maybe it's a good thing bringing Joker back isn't an option.... end the character on a highpoint.

BTW I'm interested to see what AVGN will say in part 3, have to post it here when it's done.

Oh yeah, and...

batman.jpg

"I'M BATMAN!"​

I'd recognise those eyes anywhere. ;)

Griffith

Majin Tenshi said:
Lady Shiva : Not a lot of people can outfight the batman. But I expect a detective focus for the next one, which would downplay her.

I'm not sure why you expect the next movie to be drastically different from the first two in regards to the focus on Batman's detective work. It's probably going to be superficial at best, and not likely a classic sleuthing or a detective movie, but more in the flow like his surveillance and forensic work in this one. Certainly I wouldn't say were due for such a shift either, unless Nolan and the producers have made such a promise, it's kind of a arbitrary expectation.

Sparnage said:
I see where you're coming from. For me the biggest thing I can appreciate about the two Burton versions is they were an important step in the development of a contemporary Batman, being a middle ground between the more dark, gritty modern Batman movies we are now watching and the comical Adam West versions.

Well, to clarify, I'm not even talking about Returns, that practically isn't even a Batman movie so much as just another weird Tim Burton flick. =)

But I also don't think these are really darker and grittier than the original, despite it's more flamboyant elements, it was also very dark, literally and figurative, and had a lot of gritty noir elements, especially in the early going. If anything I'd describe the new films, especially Dark Knight, as more realistic, straightforward and sober, and therefore more relatable. That has it's drawbacks as well though, Batman might be less believable in a more believable setting.

Sparnage said:
These two were a stepping stone to either direction of how future Batman movies could be portrayed, but unfortunately they paved inspiration for Batman Forever and Batman and Robin years before Nolan came into the picture. Granted very few people will argue they were worthy sequels, regardless they are official and there are similarities among all the movies.

Yeah, but those aren't anymore sequels to the Burton movies than The Dark Knight is to Batman & Robin. What's interesting is we basically have three totally different Batman movie series now, two movies each per set. Another Nolan/Bale picture will upset the balance and dominate the landscape, which is fine by me, since there's only two other good Batman movies anyway besides the new ones: the 1989 one and Mask of the Phantasm.

Sparnage said:
Christopher Nolan has put considerably more emphasis into character development than Burton did, making it a lot easier for the audience to develop a bond with the protagonist and give depth to the fundamental story in turn. This was more important for me than the Iconic and artistic feel Burton focused on.
Though I thought Keaton was a good choice as a Batman, when he first came on screen he didn't sway far from the dark mysterious character. There was less personality shown and he remained consistent as this style of character through both movies, more socially aloof and with less emotion.
As we are talking about the character like Batman that kind of potrayal can certainly work, however Nolan and Bale's portrayal focused on his drives, strengths and weaknesses and I liked that. These days I'm more interested in comtemporary dramas by production companies like HBO, FX or amc, so this was more fitting to my particular interests as a fan I guess.

I don't wholly agree with all that, but well said.

Sparnage said:
I just fell in love with this Joker unlike ever before so I can't be swayed, that's just me. That being said now Ledger's dead, not enough credit goes to Nolan and the writers for the development of the Joker which is a little unfortunate.

Another good point which I was thinking of during the movie, Nolan and his writers did come up with that funny/eccentric dialogue, etc. But by the same token, it's hard to judge because I think much of it would have fallen flat without Ledger's performance. The guy could have been reading a grocery list and it would have been compelling.

Sparnage said:
Yeah now I'm curious to know who they'd use as a villian for number 3, assuming there will almost certainly be one now. The style they are going about making the new movies are in a sense more down to earth now, it will no doubt rule out several potential villians to use.

I disagree, I think the whole point is that they're adapting everything to fit this interpretation of Gotham. I mean, Two Face and Joker are a couple of the rather more over the top and flamboyant villains, and they were brought down to earth as you put it. Same with Scarecrow, so I hope they don't limit themselves, I think they've really given themselves a free pass to reinterpret these characters and shouldn't limit themselves.

Sparnage said:
I'm stumped to who they will choose. I could've only assumed had Ledger not died, the popularity for the Joker alone would've ensured his return in a future sequel had they made a few more. I can't help but think maybe it's a good thing bringing Joker back isn't an option.... end the character on a highpoint.

Again, I had a similar thought that this will at least force them to move on and not run this incarnation of the Joker into the ground. The thing is, do they have an official stance on this issue yet? Like, will they recast as they did with the Dawes character, or is it out of the question? Technically, they could do the entire "new Joker" hype all over again for the next movie, somewhat exploiting the situation. What scares me is I'm not sure what else they could do in order to replicate the hype of this one other than... INTRODUCING JOHNNY DEPP AS CAPTAIN JOKE SPARROW!

Sparnage said:
I'd recognise those eyes anywhere. ;)

Don't go all Robin on me now man, I've already got a love interest. :guts:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
SMZKAH said:
Oh, and it was nice seeing the Chicago skyline--wouldn't you say handsome?

Heck yeah dude! Check out yesterday's issue of the Tribune they list every street where each scene took place. The street scene of the Joker was filmed at Lasalle and Monroe. And I have to say my favorite scene of the film was the Joker sticking his head out of the police car, just amazing. Also the Joker'e reaction when the detonator finally worked was gold.

Berserker_Paradox

Guts' intestines said:
Well, as long as nobody has a problem with it maybe another thread can be opened that allows for spoilers. This one could be changed to spoiler-free dark knight discussion. Although its kinda funny to think that you could have a discussion when most details will have to be omitted due to fear of spoiling the movie.

Agreed. All my "spoiler" comments are directly plot related thus forward.

Majin Tenshi said:
First a question :
Was harvey out of bullets? I'd assume he only had what was in the gun. He had 5 kills. Though 2 were with one bullet. Plus the innefective bullet against batman.

Help me tally the kill count here. 1. Wuertz 2. The driver (and Salvatore Maroni? Is this the two-kill with one bullet). I'm having trouble pieceing together the rest. And I believe he had one bullet left, either for Gordon or himself, whichever the coin would've flipped for.

Majin Tenshi said:
Second a point :
I'm not buying they killed harvey off so fast. They had to sweep him under the rug so they would've given him a funeral regardless. I doubt we'll see him in the next movie unless in a hidden hospital bed. The effects for his face were expensive.

I hate that Two_Face is done for, but it seemed very solid. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for Batmanto have taken the fall for the kills. Definitely won't see him or those delicsiously expensive effects for his face again. :judo:

Majin Tenshi said:
My favorite line from the movie. Joker : Hm

Joker: I'm just a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one!

Majin Tenshi said:
My thoughts on future villians
Mutants, supertech, and mystics are probably out of the question.

Maybe :
Bane : The man who broke the batman's back.
Poison Ivy : Could be done without being a mutant.
Mr. Zsasz : Not a main villian but could be a secondary.
Ventriloquist and Scarface : Could be a good primary.

I would love to see Ventriloquist and Scarface, but God would that be a hard sell for the mainstream. I think Bane and Poison Ivy have been effectively neutralized by that monstrosity Batman and Robin, but I'll give it to Nolan if he can pull it off. You mention Laday Shiva and Mr. Zsasz, but not Black Mask? I'm really gunning for him for the next flick - what I really like about him is his vendetta lies with Bruce Wayne, not Batman. Would provide for a very interesting story.

My number one is of course Riddler. I've been thinking about it, and I really think Zachary Quinto (Sylar from Heroes) would make a great Riddler.

http://heroesmush.wikidot.com/local--files/sylar/sylar1.jpg

Hott......

Majin Tenshi said:
No :
Hush : A good one but not well known.
Penguin : They've said not next.
Catwoman : They've said not next.
Firefly : Too lame.
Harley Quinn : Doesn't stand on her own well enough.

Agreed on all, but you know what kills? Britney Murphy would've been, like, the most perfect Harley Quinn EVER, and I'll never see it. Maybe, just maybe, they could do the Poison Ivy/Harley Quin matchup, and I'd get to see it. But most likely, no.

I personaly think
Harvey is alive other wise I dont think Bat Man had a real reason to run. I think the whole thing at the end was for Gorden to pin the kills on bats to cover up what Harvey did since Bruce believed in him. Or i may have missed something.

I dont know if she would work as a villan but I always liked the little girl who was a tv kid star who went psycho i forget who she is. And he might be over the top but killer Crock is awesome! I always liked him.

But my all time fav is Mr.Freez they way the direction of the movies are going I can see him being an awesome villan. I always felt for him in the old fox cartoon and I always saw Patrick Stewart playing as him.

And im glad Superman didnt apper at the end of the movie asking Batman to join the "JLA: j/k j/k :guts:

Griffith

I have another theory, the hundreds of police officers already swarming the area, along with the detectives and EMTs that showed up, discovered that Harvey Dent was actually dead, so they held funeral services for him! :isidro:

I know, it's pretty far out there.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Berserker_Paradox said:
I hate that Two_Face is done for, but it seemed very solid. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for Batman to have taken the fall for the kills. Definitely won't see him or those delicsiously expensive effects for his face again. :judo:

They explained why they needed to have batman take the fall. If Dent showed any sign of wrong doing everything he accomplish would fall to pieces. It also benefited Batman cause people were realizing that he doesn't kill, which made it harder to intimidate people.

Batman takes the fall regardless of Dent's survival.

I didn't include black mask for 2 reasons.
1. From what I read in the wiki he is a more traditional criminal who just happens to wear a skull mask.
2. I couldn't remember that he also has a taste for torture and cutting messages into people's skin.

Sylar as the riddler? Hrm.. interesting choice. I'm having a little trouble picturing him as anything other then Sylar. Maybe after I see him as Spock it'll be easier.

Griffith

Majin Tenshi said:
Batman takes the fall regardless of Dent's survival.

Not exactly, you're ignoring some circumstantial facts, Gordon didn't even really want to do a cover up in the first place, but Batman convinced him (Harvey's being dead making it convenient, if not otherwise impossible logistically). Otherwise, Gordon went from not even wanting do a cover up to single-handedly faking Harvey's death on the fly to do it, in front of hundreds of officials and witnesses, all while juggling his traumatized family. That's a much tougher sell than what you're not buying. Not impossible, but it just doesn't make a lot of sense literally or figuratively from a storytelling standpoint, especially with your assertion they won't be featuring him the next movie because his makeup is too expensive, which is a dubious sort of catch 22 in itself. Actually, that basically pushes this into undeniable conspiracy theory territory. =)

Now for something completely different!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihcXZ_jKVXg

The funny thing is this was the reaction in my theater too when there wasn't some stupid throwaway gimmick scene after the credits. What's my point? Today's moviegoers are horrible. =)

Oburi

All praise Grail
Now for something completely different!

lol Same here. THats how my theater was.

Did anyone else think they went too far with Dent's two face special effect. I thought it was a bit too much. It looked cool but I didn't buy that he was running around with no cheek or eyelid and wasn't feeling any pain ( he didn't want any medication). He didn't have any bandages on either. I mean it was a cool looking effect but it reminded me of the bad guy from THe Mummy. I just wasn't buying it. Can anyone help me put that into perspective?

Top Bottom