The Scope of the Saga

X

Xem

I've been thinking and reading some bad translations regarding this new Berserk Saga. From what I understand they are hoping this trilogy will be an introduction of Berserk to the worldwide audience, launching the literally epic series into the global scene. If it impacts this new worldwide audience as intended and captivates a new level of fans across the map they should eventually cover not only the entire series, but faithfully and respectfully. The way it "should be done" in most of our eyes.

My question is, just how big do you think this thing will get? Do you think it will stop at these three movies? Or do you think it could be a trilogy of trilogies, all released in worldwide theatrical format, possibly with some OVA's to cover smaller arcs (Black Swordsman Arc, for example)?

Am I totally misinterpreting the scope of this project altogether? Reading too much into the advertising? What would happen if they caught up to the serialized manga in Young Animal? Another TV series? What do you think?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
I've been thinking and reading some bad translations regarding this new Berserk Saga. From what I understand they are hoping this trilogy will be an introduction of Berserk to the worldwide audience, launching the literally epic series into the global scene.
Berserk is published in a number of countries outside Japan, so in terms of reaching an international audience, it's already there. However it's true that an animation shown in theaters would reach a broader audience. They haven't been too specific about which countries this would be shown in yet. But I'm sure we'll get an indication of that later on. January is approaching fast. Maybe WB is waiting to hear about the box office success before they make plans for additional screenings outside of Japan.

My question is, just how big do you think this thing will get? Do you think it will stop at these three movies? Or do you think it could be a trilogy of trilogies, all released in worldwide theatrical format, possibly with some OVA's to cover smaller arcs (Black Swordsman Arc, for example)?
I think it all depends on how well these first three movies are received. In press releases they've only spoken in generalities about the future, saying they want to animate "the series."

Am I totally misinterpreting the scope of this project altogether? Reading too much into the advertising? What would happen if they caught up to the serialized manga in Young Animal? Another TV series? What do you think?
I can't imagine them doing the whole project with theatrical releases. That'd be a huge undertaking. But if these movies are successful, I can see them transitioning into OVA releases for subsequent arcs. Maybe they can do one or two more theatrical releases for the big moments in the series. Anyway, that's just what I think. It could turn out quite a bit differently.

Top Bottom