The Skullknight.net chat room has returned!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Following Walter's commemorative thread about our community's history over the last 20 years, a few members shared their nostalgia about a Flash-based chat room we used to have. That was enough to prompt us to implement a new chat room (and a much better one at that), which is now live on the forum. While we'd created a Discord channel a few years ago, it just wasn't the same as it didn't interconnect with the forum and so usernames and the like didn't carry over.

This new chat is deeply tied to the forum software: members, posts, notifications, likes, everything is shared. It is also directly integrated into the sidebar on the right side of the forum, below the recent posts, in addition to being accessible as a full page via the top menu. We hope that chat room will provide the community with a new way to discuss everything Berserk-related in a light-hearted fashion, especially for those members for which making a post can feel like it's a little too much pressure. It will also be an outlet to get information and reactions by-the-second whenever a new episode comes out. Since we're launching this new software, we're also sunsetting the Discord channel, effective immediately. Given how little use it got we believe no one will miss it.

Fancypantaloons

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
Is there a way to make the sound notification work while I'm browsing in other websites? It only works when I'm in SK. I have every notification enabled minus the bot.

EDIT: Already resolved with Walter in the spot. The sound notification will not work when browsing outside of SK.net, but mention (@) notifications will show up in the tab, so that's good enough. Thank you!

Last edited:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately there's no way for notification sounds to play if you're in a different browser tab. BUT if someone mentions you (with a @ before your name) you'll get a notification in your tab pane that looks like this:

not.jpg

That's the best I can do for now.

The other day I noticed that the button to load older messages in the chat is no longer there. I thought that being able to load older messages was a really nice feature, so I wonder if it was removed intentionally.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The other day I noticed that the button to load older messages in the chat is no longer there. I thought that being able to load older messages was a really nice feature, so I wonder if it was removed intentionally.
It's not intentional. The forum software has been updated today and it has messed with the template as well as broken compatibility with various mods. The chat is affected in a few different ways. We'll try and get it fixed.
That being said, the buttom to load messages does work for me right now, using Firefox 81.0.2.

Reactions: m
It's not intentional. The forum software has been updated today and it has messed with the template as well as broken compatibility with various mods. The chat is affected in a few different ways. We'll try and get it fixed.
That being said, the buttom to load messages does work for me right now, using Firefox 81.0.2.
Thank you for the reply and for all you guys do to keep the forum in great shape!

In case it’s of any help for the troubleshooting process, I noticed that the button disappeared a few days ago, so perhaps this particular issue wasn’t related to today’s update. I myself mostly visit the forum using Safari on my phone, which at the moment runs iOS 14.0.1.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the reply and for all you guys do to keep the forum in great shape!

In case it’s of any help for the troubleshooting process, I noticed that the button disappeared a few days ago, so perhaps this particular issue wasn’t related to today’s update. I myself mostly visit the forum using Safari on my phone, which at the moment runs iOS 14.0.1.

Thanks for the info, that will help us figure out what the issue might be!

Reactions: m
hey!! i was poking around, having just joined a couple of days ago, and i saw i couldn't make a chat with a certain user. is there some sort of prerequisite to make one with certain users?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see any restrictions for your account type. If you want to reach out to a particular user then you could always just private message them (the mail icon in the top left of the forum menu).

I know!! I just didn't know if I was being an idiot and didn't understand how to do it. I've also talked to the user and they don't have access to the signature feature and a few more things, so IDK if it's something on their end or something else.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've also talked to the user and they don't have access to the signature feature and a few more things, so IDK if it's something on their end or something else.

I'm not sure I understand the problem you described above, however all newly registered users are subjected to certain restrictions in order to prevent spam. Those are lifted after they make a few posts.

Top Bottom