The Thread of Zelda

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

I gotta finish the first game quick - chop chop!
This is just a Musou game (like Dynasty Warriors or that terrible Berserk one a few years ago), so it's not really consequential whether you finish BotW or not.

From the trailer, here's Aonuma on the status of Breath of the Wild 2:
"Regarding the sequel, in order to make the vast world you've enjoyed exploring in the original game even more impressive, the team is working hard on its development. So, you'll have to wait a bit longer before we can provide more updates."

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Not the follow up featuring BotW's characters and settings I was looking for. =)

I gotta finish the first game quick - chop chop!
This is just a Musou game (like Dynasty Warriors or that terrible Berserk one a few years ago), so it's not really consequential whether you finish BotW or not.

At first I assumed he meant the first Hyrule Warriors, which I didn't finish either, because that says it all.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My son is obsessed with BotW, so I'll probably end up with this thing... The mindless hack-and-slash of Musou games is best suited for 8-year-olds anyway :casca:

Haven’t played any Warriors games yet (the first Hyrule Warriors and Berserk didn’t get me interested enough to try) but I’ll probably pick this one up because it’s building on BotW’s story. Also Urbosa looks freakin cool.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well what's "cool" about it is that we'll get to play in the war a 100 years ago. And you'll be able to play with zelda. :shrug:

Well, those are good arguments in its favor, but it's a shame this material had to be explored in this... format. I guess we wouldn't have gotten this story otherwise, but I feel bad when I see people expressing genuine excitement over a ”BotW Prequel” or follow up that in essence isn't even a really a BotW game. This is more like The Flame Dragon Knight novel of BotW media.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Well, those are good arguments in its favor, but it's a shame this material had to be explored in this... format. I guess we wouldn't have gotten this story otherwise, but I feel bad when I see people expressing genuine excitement over a ”BotW Prequel” or follow up that in essence isn't even a really a BotW game. This is more like The Flame Dragon Knight novel of BotW media.

I entirely agree with this statement. I do know that the creative team worked closely with the botw team but it doesnt mean much indeed.

Top Bottom