UK girl search 'coming to an end'

"The search for Madeleine in the area around Praia da Luz, which has included 150 police and many volunteers, is "coming to an end," Sousa said. But the investigation will continue."

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/05/11/portugal.girl.reut/index.html

This story makes me sad for two reasons:

1st - The girl's parents were eating dinner in a nearby restaurant and left their 3 kids in the house alone.
The mother says that during dinner she would go check on the kids every 30m, that has been proven to be
a lie since the waiters at the restaurant say that the woman never left the table.

2nd - If it was the son of "Average Joe" the search would be over already, and it would have started 72 hours later. Yeah i've seen it happen before..

Obviously the poor kid doesnt have any blame in this, but i think we were supposed to be all equal..
Meh...

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
fuxberg said:
2nd - If it was the son of "Average Joe" the search would be over already, and it would have started 72 hours later. Yeah i've seen it happen before..

I never heard anything about the parents being anybody special. The girl is especially cute so people are working harder but it is just the reality of human nature, it isn't anyone's fault. Its hard to look at her eyes and not feel miserable about the whole thing.

If they find the girl then the parents should not just get her back outright. They are unfit parents. I hope she ends up ok though.

Top Bottom