Unreal Engine Project (Berserk)

It pretty good. But i think if you remove that clang sound from 2016 replacing it with something else would be better. The PS4 videogame had a better dragonslayer sound efffect.
thx, yeah, the sounds are mostly placeholders for now.
Also Demon's Souls Ultra Greatsword has a good sound effect. I can help ya to get the sounds if you need
always greatful for anything = )
Also Guts in Berserker armor should have his white hair patch. I know you used the PS2 head model tho
agreed, also going for a closed eye instead of a blind one. more fitting.

I received a few reports about fps/lag issues from some people... everything alright?

(somehow the settings are set to "low" by default for some, for others not. I cant recall having a "auto-optimal settings" thing going on with it. maybe its a built-in engine thing i don't know anything about?) anyway... always happy about feedback ; )

Dude this is a very good project, by far the best one I've seen and I'm surprised that this was made by just one person.
There seems to be various stances for Guts which gives him different types of attacks, pretty good job with this combat.

Maybe it would be great if you add a lock-on and a crosshair though, I found very difficult to hit with the arm cannon shot and it's hard to keep track of the enemy.

But other than that, I can see very well the passion behind this and the results are awesome.

Dude this is a very good project, by far the best one I've seen and I'm surprised that this was made by just one person.
There seems to be various stances for Guts which gives him different types of attacks, pretty good job with this combat.

Maybe it would be great if you add a lock-on and a crosshair though, I found very difficult to hit with the arm cannon shot and it's hard to keep track of the enemy.

But other than that, I can see very well the passion behind this and the results are awesome.
hey, thanks.
the player character actually locks its z rotation towards the enemy when in a certain radius (it just doesn't affect the camera).
There's going to be a "lock on" for the camera assigned to the aim/right mouse button with the next update ; )

Tip: if the enemy "jumps back" and shoots his shieldcannon at you, try to shoot him with the armcannon the second he starts aiming at you.
if timed right (just a second time window), it'll instantly destroy the shield ; )

hey, thanks.
the player character actually locks its z rotation towards the enemy when in a certain radius (it just doesn't affect the camera).
There's going to be a "lock on" for the camera assigned to the aim/right mouse button with the next update ; )

Tip: if the enemy "jumps back" and shoots his shieldcannon at you, try to shoot him with the armcannon the second he starts aiming at you.
if timed right (just a second time window), it'll instantly destroy the shield ; )
Oh my, thanks a lot for the tip, it worked very well! :D (his apostle form is beating me up though)
In fact, this nice little detail is faithful to the manga, in which Guts did the same to destroy Grunbeld's shield.

Wish you all the best and I'm looking forward to see the next update.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me why "doodles" of characters that look like my five year old niece drew them during lunch break in pre-school get more attention than something someone worked literally hundreds of hours on?

Is it that bad???

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone tell me why "doodles" of characters that look like my five year old niece drew them during lunch break in pre-school get more attention than something someone worked literally hundreds of hours on?

Is it that bad???

I don't think shitting on others is a good way to ask for feedback. Keep in mind that the average Internet user nowadays only has a phone and a one minute attention span. Asking people to download, install and play a demo is therefore going to lose you a large part of that audience.

Anyway, I played your demo and thought it was nice for what it was. The voice over is a neat touch. It's a huge pain to have to use the keyboard and mouse instead of a controller for this sort of game, though. And given all the work you've put into upgrading the PS2 game's models, I feel like a "free view" mode where you can just check them out would be neat.

I'm not sure how much motivation you've got left for this project, but in addition to the above (controller support & "photo mode") I'd suggest using a Quixel "clearing in the woods" environment to give it a more finished look without it turning into a big hassle.

I don't think shitting on others is a good way to ask for feedback.
well, apparently it worked. i got feedback.
And i'm sorry if an objective observation comes of as "shitting on others". Wasn't my intention.

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
well, apparently it worked. i got feedback.
And i'm sorry if an objective observation comes of as "shitting on others". Wasn't my intention.

I would have replied regardless, I just hadn't had time before and then forgot. But whatever, good luck with your project.

Top Bottom