Vagabond: Volume 36

Released today, here's the cover -

36_zps627501c4.jpg

http://kc.kodansha.co.jp/content/top.php/1000002199

Summary on the site (post Google translation) -
In the famine, and poor village people also hope to live even Yuku emaciated. It's Musashi to continue cultivation "strongly" that it will allow, but there is no way to make use of the soil. Before the wind of winter holding a coldness of death blows, is not allowed to breathe in the soil of the field, ... everything is frozen. Musashi was called "devil" once, paving the jaws of death, I Yuku turned into a land of "hope".

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Almost exactly a year later, the US edition just came out. Mine shipped today from Amazon. Quite a depressing volume, but good.

This farming scenario has stretched on for so long, and with so much emphasis placed on Musashi's stubborn effort, that it's almost become a meta-commentary on Inoue insisting he focus on this aspect of the Musashi legend. I WILL MAKE THIS WORK IN MY STORY!

I'd say more but don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read it yet. I'll wait a bit, I guess.

Just finished reading it and it's still an amazing series. The philosophy of Musashi is so incredibly in depth and intelligent that it emulates very well human will and life in general. When a manga is able to make you reflect on your own life, you know something is being done right :) Volume 36 is no exception and it sent shivers down my spine.

The only problem I had with the book is that sometimes Inoue is unable to connect panels properly. Sometimes a panel shift will feel jarring because the scenes don't connect very well. Anyone else have this problem when reading it?

Top Bottom