Vampira's colorings

This was my first try at coloring anything that isn't made by me and to be fair, doubt it'll be the last, I'll keep posting here if I happen to make more!
If anyone has any critique, I'm gladly taking it

rj4WmaT.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'll leave the art critique to the pros but I really like your choice of colors here, makes it look like a kind of surreal dawn.

One little thing though: when seen at full size you can see a line from a select tool near the bottom of the image. There's another vertical one but it's fainter. Not sure how that happened.

Not one of the pros, but I will say it looks vibrant and magical, rather fitting for the kind of otherworldly experience happening in this spread. Nice job!

Bleac said:
Not one of the pros, but I will say it looks vibrant and magical, rather fitting for the kind of otherworldly experience happening in this spread. Nice job!
Aazealh said:
I'll leave the art critique to the pros but I really like your choice of colors here, makes it look like a kind of surreal dawn.

Thank you so much to both of you! I was trying to go for the ethereal and magical vibe so I'm glad it came across!

Aazealh said:
One little thing though: when seen at full size you can see a line from a select tool near the bottom of the image. There's another vertical one but it's fainter. Not sure how that happened.

The source I used had both pages of the spread split so I tried to piece it together, aaa I'm kind of upset that I let that slide, guess I'll keep that in mind for next time

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Very beautiful work, Vampira! I really appreciate your attention to detail and the beautiful shades of purple and violet. It looks very dreamy and ethereal, yet upon close inspection it's easy to see how carefully you colored each element. Great work! :guts:

Grail said:
Very beautiful work, Vampira! I really appreciate your attention to detail and the beautiful shades of purple and violet. It looks very dreamy and ethereal, yet upon close inspection it's easy to see how carefully you colored each element. Great work! :guts:

Thank you! I just really wanted to bring my interpretation of Miura's beautiful linework.

That being said I did give in to making more colorings, in fact I think I'll be coloring at least the whole first episode :carcus:

Berserk_v01_p009.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow! I dig this colored page as well! :serpico: The subtle highlights and the richness of the darker colors are really effective. I'm also a sucker for all things Black Sworsman Arc, so this delights me to no end!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow Vampira, another great one! I think this may be my new favorite of yours. Love how you captured the quality of the water, and took advantage of the added dimension of the moon behind Isma and Isidro. The rainbow "flecks" you added also feel like they fit right in with the action of the scene! Great job as usual! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Really love that one. Exceptional quality. I especially like that little rainbow effect on the water drops.

Wow, it strikes you as soon as you see it. Much like your other colorings it's vivid and pays attention to the fine details, I really like it.

I'll echo many of the sentiments others have already stated. That's a fantastic piece! Particularly since there are so many details to be taken for granted. Like the sheen in Isma and Isidro's eyes, or how realistic the water running off their bodies is. And of course, those rainbow flecks.

Top Bottom