Vortex of the Skull Knight

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Listen, this is getting out of hand.

Oliver, you're like 10 times smarter than the guy, so just say what everyone knows to be true:

"I am right, you are wrong, end of discussion."

I admit, I'm pretty much at fault for this flame war (I'm the one who simply HAD to bring up the fact that Guts' name was being spelled wrong), so I feel responsible to be the one to state, that it has indeed gone more then a bit far.

Paradise, I don't care what you say, your English is quite far from perfect. I admit, neither is mine, but I am a native speaker of English (it's my first language, I was born in the United States, it's the only language I speak fluently), and as such, I think I have a right to say, that your English is pretty bad. I can't understand a thing you say half the time.

I've heard you say that "European English" is different from "American English", and this is very true. The first time my friend from England asked me if I "lived in a flat", I said to him "flat what?". But the fact is, in grammar, there simply isn't THAT much variation.

Your English is most certainly not perfect.

Normaly I wouldn't try and bash someone for having imperfect English. I understand how hard it is to learn another language, but you constantly implying, and flat out insisting that your English is perfect is getting on my fucking nerves.

Oliver, you're like 10 times smarter than the guy, so just say what everyone knows to be true:
"I am right, you are wrong, end of discussion."

Well... It's kinda hard to flatly say that, you know... ^_^;
But I think that I offered arguments in favor of my point of view, and paradiselost never did...

I admit, I'm pretty much at fault for this flame war (I'm the one who simply HAD to bring up the fact that Guts' name was being spelled wrong), so I feel responsible to be the one to state, that it has indeed gone more then a bit far.

No, you're not responsible, paradiselost and I are.

Paradise, I don't care what you say, your English is quite far from perfect.

Exactly.
So is mine, but at least, I'm aware of it.
And you won't make any progress as long as you won't realize that, in my humble opinion.
Please take it as an advice, really...  :-/

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Truly,
anyone can call their favourite characters as they wish.
If Japanese ppl say Gattsu, but write it Guts...who cares?!?!
It ain't no reason to start enmities.
In Italy they say pompino, but in the states it's a blowjob...but both nations like it (the male part at least)... ;D
Let's stop this confrontation if we cannot talk about the fog surrounding Skully.
Anyway...de gustibus...

P

paradiselost

...well, dear Oliver, I simply don't have the time to go in the past and to let you all the times that you were the first one to tell me in a bad educated way that I have not a good English...

...if I answered to you that you don't have a good English, it's 'cause you exagerated, my dear friend...

...however, it seems to me that I'm respecting what Cronus asked to me, not to speak out of topic, but it seems to me you are speaking too much out of topic...

...why don't you write me our discussion in "private mail"?

please, Cronus, you write to Oliver to not write out of topic and to write me in personal mail, 'cause here all the ones are looking who is the one is doing bad...you are, Oliver, sorry my friend...

:-/

...well, dear Oliver, I simply don't have the time to go in the past and to let you all the times that you were the first one to tell me in a bad educated way that I have not a good English...

I really can't remember that.
Actually, I just don't think I would do something like that as I'm aware that my English is poor as well.

You're publicly insinuating that I criticized you about your English in the past (and I'd really like to know when and how) and I'm supposed to reply by IM, now?

...if I answered to you that you don't have a good English, it's 'cause you exagerated, my dear friend...

Your English isn't "perfect", far from it. You should realize that. You're being insanely and blindly arrogant, right now.
(and please stop calling me "dear friend" when it's obvious you don't mean it at all... it has always been weird, but now it's plainly unpleasant as well)

P

paradiselost

...so, then why do you continue to reply to me here in this public place? You are still going out of the topic...

...please, Cronus, send you a mail to Oliver to let him understand that he is exagerating, ok? I'm trying to do this, but it seems he goes along out of the topic of this BBS argument...I don't want to polemize, so I'll stop here, now.

...ok, dear Oliver? So, please, respect the topic you too, and stop to polemize about this thing, as I'm doing now...'cause I promised to Cronus...

...so, be educated you too...

;)

see you

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
...so, then why do you continue to reply to me here in this public place? You are still going out of the topic...

...please, Cronus, send you a mail to Oliver to let him understand that he is exagerating, ok?
Check Olivier's status: ADMIN.......

P

paradiselost

...thanks you very much, dear Walter, but I just checked the role of Oliver many weeks ago...

;)

...but, as Cronus rightly said, "here we are all the same, there is no one more than the other ones", so, for Oliver, and for you too, for sure, it's the same that for me and the others...

...you are going, like me in the past, and like Oliver before, still out of the topic...

...could you end please to go out of the topic? If you want to write me something personal, PLEASE, write me in with the private messaging, ok?

...guys, why don't we come back finally to the topic?

thanks...

;)

Top Bottom