What Are You Playing?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Agreed, re-reading my post, I didn't mean to direct @IncantatioN straight to Hyrule Castle. I only meant that there's nothing really holding you back at that point, if you want to finish it. The most fun to be had in this game is from exploring a new environment. So if you skip out on big chunks of the map, that's ultimately your loss. Some of my favorite moments in BotW were chance encounters, or stumbling accidentally into some huge environmental detail or location I wouldn't normally have seen.

I was actually more concerned about him getting caught up on finding everything, like a checklist. That's when it becomes more like a gamey chore than that spirit of wonder and exploration it can achieve for the player at its best. I think missing a couple things is actually fine... that idea the world's a big place, there's always more out there. I like that.

Three times through the game so far, once with just me, two with him. And this most recent time, we unofficially 100%'d it, doing all the shrines, including all the DLC. As you probably know about me by now, I don't do that very often. I'll more often drop a game right before the endgame if I feel like it's going downhill, or has simply failed to retain my interest. A game really has to put a ring on my finger for me to commit to it like this.

Yeah, in my mind you dump every game at the alter! :ganishka:

If I like it at all I'll usually feel obligated to play through the main game to completion, but it has to really grab me for me to do any extra shit, and if I finish it first it's usually too late and my interest craters (I played BotW for like 120+ hours the first month it was out, and then nothing since). Very linearly goal-oriented. Recent exceptions are the Souls series, Bloodborne, and FF7, the latter two being the only games I've ever platinum'd or even bothered pursuing achievements for, and quite naturally in the case of the former (FF7 was a bit of a chore in the end, but Aaz and I committed =).

The downside of that level of focus is that I'm afraid I've played it so much that I can't recapture that same "fresh" feeling when I start a new game with it. So I'm relying on the sequel to re-inspire that feeling in me.

It's a problem that kind of addresses itself; you'll either be up for it or you won't (though it's not only your choice anymore, is it? =). I'd be more worried that it'll actually burn you out for BotW2 as well. Isn't that sort of what happened to you with Dark Souls versus the rest of the series? Unlike Zodd, you kind of had your fill the first time. I'm not worried about that because I've stayed away and as long as they put some dumbass arbitrary goal out there I'll slavishly follow the carrot (instead of DLC sidequests just add NG+ with a new boss to BotW and I'm back =). What I am worried about is being able to afford the game since last I checked the Switch is still worth more than its weight in gold! I sure wish I'd at least picked up a Lite for $200 when I had the chance. What the fuck.

Last edited:
Enter the Gungeon: I recently unlocked all of the playable characters and beat all of the special endings. It's currently my go-to roguelike game and is very easy to play when you are listening to a podcast.

Super Smash Brothers Melee: A mod of melee called Project Slippi was recently released. It enables rollback net-code that is much better than the older Dolphin net-code. Additionally the mod has matchmaking built into melee so that you don't have to find someone on Anther's Ladder (a popular smash bros match making website). I have been playing melee a lot because it is so easy to find a match and there is a lot less lag than before. I mostly play Captain Falcon and Falco.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: I usually play with my friend once or twice a week. I usually play Young Link, DK and Mewtwo.

Wargroove: The game is kind of like Advanced Wars but in a Fire Emblem setting. I'm on the last level but still have some side quests left. I have died several times on one of the side levels that is extremely hard. One bad turn can really mess you up, and then you have to restart the level.

Risk of Rain 2: My friend and I play co-op runs and I get carried hard. It's a really fun game, but I think it would control better on PC (I'm playing on Switch).

Luigi's Mansion 3: I stopped playing the game to play the Last of Us 2 and haven't gotten back in. I'm a little over half way done the game. The game is good looking but controls subpar. In that way it's kind of like a kiddie horror game (if that's not literally what it is).

Halo 3: I didn't play that much Halo growing up but my friends are all playing it so I will be playing it with them this weekend.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wargroove: The game is kind of like Advanced Wars but in a Fire Emblem setting. I'm on the last level but still have some side quests left. I have died several times on one of the side levels that is extremely hard. One bad turn can really mess you up, and then you have to restart the level.

Fire Emblem is literally Famicom Wars in a fantasy setting. That's how the series started.

Currently several great hours into Ghost of Tsushima.

This is probably the most beautiful game I've ever played, even including the Last of Us 2 in the comparison (though, TLOU2 still exceeds this game in some technical aspects. E.g. facial animations). The combat is addictive and varied; you got 4 fighting stances with their own combos, along with techniques and many different weapons/items. Exploration is a joy here. Unlike in say Ubisoft games, you don't get a map dotted with markers. Instead, you simply discover new areas and scenarios as you go along.

The plot so far is pretty straightforward, and the same can be said of the characters. But it does what it's required to do: give you a reason to keep playing. The main storytelling in this game is what you get through immersion. And they nailed the immersion here. Tsushima is quickly becoming one of my favorite game worlds.

So far so good. Hope this game carries itself well all the way to the ending. From what I've played of it so far, I'm pretty optimistic.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I finished replaying Ocarina of Time. It goes without saying how special this game was to me and everyone else who played it back in 1998. It was the first Zelda game I played all the way through, and it’s what made me fall in love with the series. Everything from the graphics to the music to the gameplay were perfection back when it was released, and for the most part they all hold up. And that ending. Amazing.

Griffith

I finished replaying Ocarina of Time. It goes without saying how special this game was to me and everyone else who played it back in 1998.

Everything from the graphics to the music to the gameplay were perfection back when it was released, and for the most part they all hold up.

More than that, I've said it before but my theory is every third person action game, so like virtually every AAA game, since has more or less just been Ocarina of Time. Mario 64 created the technology, but OoT created the template. The Souls series and Blooodborne for example; I actually couldn't figure out how to succeed in Dark Souls (or DSII) until I made a character named Link and played it as close to a Zelda game as possible, then suddenly it all clicked and I've never looked back.

Streets of Rage 4 - Got to Y Island where I had at least one Y twin to take out, but it turns out I had to take on both. I'm going to miss this one now that it's over. Maybe I'll check back in to see what the rewards are on higher difficulty.

Street Fighter V - Won some ranked online matches now since I might as well score points when I can (I don't have much to lose =). The netcode doesn't seem as good as MK, but it has PC to console cross-platform compatibility, and so far I like the ranked vs casual system and that you play your set (no more than 3 matches) against each other and move on. The drawback being you could theoretically backslide and lose all your earned points, but that's sort of the point; it's about how good you are, not just how much you've played. Plus, there's casual matches if you don't want to affect your rank or so you can fuck around and experiment. Anyway, still have no idea what I'm doing yet but it's fun.

Griffith

MK11 - Just noting that I deleted this from my hard drive out of frustration only to reinstall within 24 hours (and it's like 100 gigs). :ganishka:

Ghosts of Tsushima - This is indeed gorgeous (bonus points for including a black & white KUROSAWA MODE =), but yeah some of the animations, especially facial, are lacking compared to Last of Us 2 and the plot so far leaves something to be desired (this thing is really up its own ass with the samurai honor stuff, which... I need more at this point). Gameplay-wise it has all these various sneaking and combat mechanics, but for the most part you're just mowing down waves of enemies, so it's basically just a fancy beat-em up? We'll see if it grows on me, especially as the combat evolves, but so far I find it a bit staid.

Last edited:
I've played a lot to Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 on PS4 these past few days and got the platinum trophy today.
I LOVED it, like the first one.
Now I can continue Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise.

Last edited:
I've been taking my time with Journey's End, the final update of Terraria. I first played this game on my crappy 4.1 Android phone back in middle school 8 years ago, and I keep coming back to it. After almost a decade of free updates and added detail, all fitted into a less than 200MB package, this is quite easily one of the best games ever made.

I'm also trying to complete Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on PC, but just like the last time I played, I'm wasting hours exploring and doing random quests instead of advancing the main story. I don't even know if I should praise the game or slam it for having so many distractions.

Whenever I encounter enemies that are invulnerable to physical attacks and I have to run around in circles for 10 minutes until the dumb AI finally gets a fireball to hit, I get reminded why I hate the pawn system so much. They wanted to make it so that your character feels special and more heroic, as opposed to just another controllable member of a party, but the handicap to gameplay is not worth it at all.

It's still quite a unique game in the Japanese medieval fantasy sphere, and I wish Capcom hadn't drawn the curtain over it, and its online cousin for that matter; an improved Dragon's Dogma 2 would be pretty cool. I guess I can't say the same about Netflix which doesn't seem to abstain from scavenging the corpse with this new CG anime coming in September.

Other than that, I'd like to get Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord on Steam. I managed to find a cheap, stripped-down GTX 750 on the used market which has allowed this ancient Dell box I'm stuck with at the moment to run some more intensive games, so I think it could handle it now.

Last edited:

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Currently playing Ghost of Tsushima. I really dig it, but the combat is pretty trivial compared to Sekiro's, so I don't even have to try (even on hard mode).

I play LOL and Clash of Clans. These 2 games are my fav right now. like online games. With VeePN service I can play my fav games without any restrictions, plus it keeps my data safe from online snoopers while playing and provides a high level of security.

Last edited:
A little late the the party here. Been playing a few games in my spare time. Final Fantasy VII remake and the original, Resident Evil 3 remake, SoulCalibur 2 HD online, and Persona 5 Royal.

Griffith

Ghost of Tsushima - This is basically Red Dead with Samurais, not Sekiro or even Nioh. So, fun and addictive, but combat is more about feeling powerful than overcoming the odds or anything. Once you master the basics you'll be tearing through Mongol camps.

MK11 - 300+ hours in and I really had to grind out some wins today. I had what I consider maybe my best round ever against a Sub-Zero where in the end I basically had to bait, block and counter his every move. Must have been annoying as hell for him! Won another set in similar fashion but not nearly as convincingly, though my opponent wasn't as unpredictable either once I figured out how to counter his reach and teleport.

Street Fighter Alpha - Played as Ken in the original arcade version and the two fights that really gave me trouble were Guy and Ryu, especially the latter even though Guy's speed can be overwhelming, but you get used to it (and at least he lets you hit him =). CPU Ryu can be really daunting because even when you beat him up for most of the round he's more likely than not going to start blocking everything, combo and super you to death in the end anyway. I was finally able to beat him by basically being as conservative and safe as possible in my attack and responding perfectly to his counter moves, plus I'd played him enough it was starting to feel like a normal match. I will say it was nice to face a boss that was really all about fundamental skills instead of just giving him really cheap, overpowered attacks or something that kill you in a few hits. He'll kill you just the same, but it's going to be a grind!

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - I was bored so played Alpha 2 as well, pretty much the same deal but Guy and Ryu went down much more quickly this time.

BTW, I'm currently using an old Mad Catz SFIV fightstick from eBay, the "original" from back when SFIV first came out and sort of revitalized the arcade fighting scene, but with genuine sanwa arcade stick and buttons added like the tournament editions. The premium parts plus the lower profile make it ideal for desktop play (my Hori Rap N stick puts too much pressure on the wrists that way).

Last edited:
I'm also trying to complete Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on PC, but just like the last time I played, I'm wasting hours exploring and doing random quests instead of advancing the main story. I don't even know if I should praise the game or slam it for having so many distractions.

Whenever I encounter enemies that are invulnerable to physical attacks and I have to run around in circles for 10 minutes until the dumb AI finally gets a fireball to hit, I get reminded why I hate the pawn system so much. They wanted to make it so that your character feels special and more heroic, as opposed to just another controllable member of a party, but the handicap to gameplay is not worth it at all.

It's still quite a unique game in the Japanese medieval fantasy sphere, and I wish Capcom hadn't drawn the curtain over it, and its online cousin for that matter; an improved Dragon's Dogma 2 would be pretty cool. I guess I can't say the same about Netflix which doesn't seem to abstain from scavenging the corpse with this new CG anime coming in September.

Wow. If there was ever a game that enjoyed completely separately for the gameplay over the story than it would be dragon’s dogma. Maybe the anime is a sign of a new game? Doubtful but interesting. I’m sure it won’t be great. I’ll only watch if they stay true to the awkward pawn interactions.

I agree it has tons of distractions. Similar to dead rising or Skyrim. I actually enjoyed gathering materials to improve my gear more than getting to the next part of the story. I guess I’m simple. That or the story just isn’t great.

Funny thing is that when I played the original version of that game with the Berserk content I had no idea about the source material and I didn’t bother looking into it.

Maybe the anime is a sign of a new game?
There have been some supposed leaks and rumors about a new project similar to Dragon's Dogma, but yeah, I doubt Netflix ties into any of this.

I actually enjoyed gathering materials to improve my gear more than getting to the next part of the story. I guess I’m simple. That or the story just isn’t great.
The story really isn't that good, which is why the anime will probably suck.

In terms of exploration, what I dislike about the terrain is that it's mostly big rocks every 50m with a few chests hidden behind them, and the treasures you get from a lot of these are underwhelming. I have an overabundance of low-grade potions and consumables that are mostly useless. The fact that they reset after a while also makes clearing areas not even worth it.

That being said, roaming around finding caves and dungeons (which usually hold the good loot) and taking down behemoths is without a doubt to most fun part of the game for me as well. I only wish to advance in the story because there are some cool boss fights towards the end, and also to finally beat this game at least once, for the sake of it.

Funny thing is that when I played the original version of that game with the Berserk content I had no idea about the source material and I didn’t bother looking into it.
In my case, finding out about the Berserk equipment in the game is what pushed me to finally try it out, even though it had been up my alley for quite a long time. Tragically, the items were removed from the Dark Arisen re-release.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I had an absolute blast with Dragon's Dogma, but everything that has already been said above is absolutely true. It is not so much a "diamond in the rough" as it is "a diamond that went down the toilet, through the sewer, out into the ocean, eaten by a shark, projectile vomited out of a shark, and landed encrusted on the beach."

It's like an arcade-style fantasy MMO, only it's single-player, and feels sort of half-finished. It's also got some heavy Berserk vibes, even divorced from the in-game promo.

My initial impressions from 2016:

I think I didn't consider this game before because it looked tone-deaf — too serious and at the same time, generic. But Capcom manages to pull off something akin to "The Room" in how it deals with these fantasy concepts. Imagine: A renown Japanese game developer trying on Western Fantasy tropes. Sound familiar? Now imagine it if they DON'T stick the landing. Welcome to Dragon's Dogma! :guts:

This game wears a skin of deadpan seriousness, but underneath, there's something very charming going on, and I think it's basically an accident. Due to Capcom's fumbling execution of how the game systems sometimes interact with the world, it ends up being laugh-out-loud goofy in a perfectly endearing way. It's even more enjoyable than if they had perfectly landed their super-serious intentions.

There are a number of things contributing to this effect, but among the loudest is the utterly clueless AI.

Aside from the main character, your party is composed of AI-controlled people that you recruit from a sort of limbo, where the main characters from other people's games pass through. These characters are called "Pawns." You are the "Arisen." Pawns fight for you, but you can only give them indirect commands (advance, retreat, help). You can't tell them to cast a specific spell, or to shoot an arrow at a specific enemy. They'll handle things like that AND item scavenging (smashing boxes, chests, barrels), on their own.

This becomes particularly awkward when you're presented with an area that has a serious atmosphere. Like when I visited the witch's tree mansion (yep), you walk in the entrance, and it starts a cutscene. When it returns from the cutscene, your main character is still conversing with the witch, but your pawns have immediately gone to work smashing everything in the room and commenting on the qualities of the things they've pilfered: "Not much use for this." "Rubbish, mostly..." "Hmmm, interesting!" (guys, the witch is RIGHT THERE!)

I couldn't stop laughing. Most games don't give you this kind of comedic gift. This will probably resonate with anyone who recognized how dissonant it is in a Zelda game to burst in someone else's home and smash their pots just to find a few rupees. That made some sense in the context of that light-hearted game. But here, in the super-serious world of Gransys, your erstwhile heroic partners acting like gold-obsessed loons comes across as utterly insane.

This happened again once I got to the big city, THE capital. You walk in, and it’s a grand reception with people lining the streets to hail "THE ARISEN!", but in the town square, your pawns, nominally the supporters for the HERO OF THE WORLD, break from your group and run headlong to the fountain, splashing around like goddamned bums, pocketing loose change and commenting loudly about the quantity of coinage.

This dissonance is actually somewhat built into the game's lore, too. Normal humans, particularly nobility, don't trust "pawns," because they don't obey the same power structure as others. They answer only to the Arisen. Of course, it could also be that they hold a grudge after pawns smashed all their goddamn pots.

Obviously, there's a lot more going on in Dragon's Dogma that has kept me playing for hours, but this is just one of the more hilarious things I had to share. It is a good, dumb time, with a touch of Berserk on top. So for someone like, me -- kinda perfect.

PS: Have I mentioned that you can pick up nearly anyone (or anything: enemies, corpses, merchants, rabbits) in the game and throw them off a cliff with no consequence? All the while, your pawns will say: "HAIL, ARISEN!"

Griffith

Ghost of Tsushima - I figured out a major item exploit (that I see is no secret online), specifically a farm with 4-6 pieces of steel you can grab, set off alarms, have hostages die which resets you to check point items in hand, and then restart the run in all under 30 seconds... So, I have all the steel and supplies I'll ever need. Got some great upgraded armor too, and the game has nice balance of story if you want to go do it, or fuck around doing side shit, without pushing you either way. It's quite relaxing fun even though you're also fighting bands of Mongols.

Street Fighter III 2nd Impact: Giant Attack - What a name, and I'm really only playing this one to check out the better graphics and native widescreen presentation, which is indeed gorgeous combined with all the hand drawn animation (and pretty smooth with the arcade filter). The post-match screens are fantastic as well... I might make this my go-to just for fun and to look at it. In another world this is what all modern Street Fighters would look like, only in HD. The AI seems tougher than 3rd Strike, and speaking of which, I wish that retroactively they'd have used this game as the base to rebuild an ultimate Street Fighter III with these visuals and 3rd Strike's gameplay, but at this point they'd just do an all-new HD 3rd Strike, hopefully with better animation than Street Fighter II HD Remix because this is already WAAAY better.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - I haven't clicked with this one like the first two, especially Alpha 2. I know this one in many ways is a culmination of a lot of things that came before it with the different -Isms that allow you to play your character in the style of Street Fighter II, Alpha 2, or the new Alpha 3 Variable system, but I guess Alpha 2 is more that ultimate classic fighter to me. The last of the old guard; even the music, fonts, and sentiments presented. This feels more like an early modern day fighter with all the characters, variations, and crazy combos (which are completely broken here =); it's almost like an all Street Fighter versus game. All it's missing is multiple fighter teams. This makes sense because there wasn't much point in just rehashing the same Alpha formula for a third time, or really just the Street Fighter II formula ad nauseam, and this has a lot of innovative and influential shit and people that swear by it, but it's just not so much my cup of tea... yet.

BTW, if I recall back in the day I played Walter in Street Fighter Alpha 2 or 3 on MAME or something, where I think he totally kicked my ass because I hadn't played a Street Fighter in years and had no idea what I was doing. It certainly wasn't competitive like our 57 to 53 run Baseball Stars 2 matches. "HE has GOOD EYES!"

Last edited:

Griffith

Ghost of Tsushima - Starting to get boring, as all these games eventually do; I better just focus on completing the story, but then, maybe that's what's boring me... Yeah, back to randomly taking down Mongol camps for upgrades!

Mortal Kombat 11 - Well, 313 hours in this isn't good:

Explains any time I've lost! Kidding aside, I do believe something like this has happened to me before, someone intentionally jamming up my connection. People pull some shady shit in the Kombat League, which I've actually been ranked as high as 13th in by fluke (maybe higher at one point but I didn't think to check sooner).

Mortal Kombat II - Played through arcade mode on stick with Reptile (could still do his fatalities) and Baraka (for cheapness =). Also messed around with Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, Sub-Zero and Kitana.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - So I finally got my bearings and made it to the end of this one with Ken, and was disappointed to see that not only was Ryu replaced by Bison but you don't fight Ryu at all, and Bison is super cheap and the game is OVER if he beats you! Like, not even another shot for some more quarters!? Guess the idea was you have to replay the entire game again just for another shot at a boss that can essentially two-hit kill you. It's an arcade game you essentially have to MASTER just to win, which I won't be doing. Maybe I'll turn the tables on Bison with cheesy saving, which I didn't even realize the games supported until I'd played through half of them straight through like at the arcade, and some I had to quit midway. :judo:

Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact - The widescreen is very pretty, but ultimately the game is sort of weirdly different-playing compared to 3rd Strike, especially the behavior of the AI and your more limited ability to deal with it (at least it seemed to me). It should be noted the widescreen, which this game apparently never utilized in arcades anyway, totally changes the spacing, timing, and mechanics of fights (if you're used to keeping your distance, or like closing in, there's a lot more to cover). It's not a good or bad thing, but it's different if you're at all used to playing Street Fighter III in it's native aspect ratio. Oh yeah, you do fight Ryu as Ken at the of this one, but here it seems redundant, out of place and anticlimactic following Gill.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition - Downloaded the trial version on PS3, even just going through a three fight arcade mode, including car smashing side game, over and over is a lot of fun. The new HD menu and HUD graphics are nice and the filters make it look smooth, but I wish they had put a little more effort into the actual fight graphics, native wide screen, maybe include the backgrounds and taunt screens from 2nd Impact as well. This is a little more than just a straight port of 3rd Strike, but if you were going to make the effort you might as well have upgraded the in-game graphics and assets to the level of 2nd Impact or created a new ultimate edition of Street Fighter III ala Alpha 3.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, if I recall back in the day I played Walter in Street Fighter Alpha 2 or 3 on MAME or something, where I think he totally kicked my ass because I hadn't played a Street Fighter in years and had no idea what I was doing. It certainly wasn't competitive like our 57 to 53 run Baseball Stars 2 matches. "HE has GOOD EYES!"
To this day, Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Baseball Stars 2 are some of my favorite competitive games. So that makes sense! I also remember that the netcode for MAME at the time was so horrendous, I had to start "heating" the pitch as soon as I threw it. :shrug:

Griffith

To this day, Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Baseball Stars 2 are some of my favorite competitive games. So that makes sense!

I thought it was Alpha 2, and weirdly remembered it like we played some sort of SNES port, which makes no logistical sense, but playing it again now it very much reminds me of a high end SNES game, especially the the music/audio (ironically the actual SNES port is apparently disappointing). It's a lovely game, especially for a top competitive fighter, which usually don't excel at genuine sentiment and characterization.

It's the Street Fighter with the heart of a JRPG.

I also remember that the netcode for MAME at the time was so horrendous, I had to start "heating" the pitch as soon as I threw it. :shrug:

If you mean curving it WAAAY outside before trying to bring it back in to get a strike, or speeding it up before a MAJOR slowdown, then yeah. That game was a ton of cheesy fun though. So many great over-the-top expressions and animations. I think my favorites are the pit hers face when he's in trouble and the fight scene after a hit by pitch. For anyone that's uninitiated and wants at least a sniff of the glory:

Yep, lots of home runs and strike outs. Speaking of over the top...

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max - Check this shit out:

Here's one without commentary if you just want to watch the madness:

Anyway, I had to try this for myself, and the PS1 port on PS3 apparently doesn't have it so I fired it up in a PSP emulator and good lord is it a blast! I'm to Akuma and Gen and the toughest opponents so far were Charlie and Chun-Li, or perhaps I should say Chun-Li because round after round after Charlie got knocked out Chun-Li would seemingly level up and take me out solo, it followed the same pattern even when I won where I had to really turtle up and anti-air her in the end. Oh yeah, playing as Ken and the Dragon Punch is so effective in this mode as you can keep them off you, blast both of them for huge damage at once, and get out of the corners. It's great, and landing his super version basically wins you the match unless you get yourself completely pincered and gangbanged. Anyway, it's crazy fun and if this keeps up I might have to reconsider the relative merits of Alpha 3, for which I'm starting to understand the love.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
If you mean curving it WAAAY outside before trying to bring it back in to get a strike, or speeding it up before a MAJOR slowdown, then yeah. That game was a ton of cheesy fun though. So many great over-the-top expressions and animations. I think my favorites are the pit hers face when he's in trouble and the fight scene after a hit by pitch. For anyone that's uninitiated and wants at least a sniff of the glory:

Yep, lots of home runs and strike outs.

Finally a version of baseball that looks interesting! Burly men chewing tobacco and breaking their bats in half when they can't score a homerun? Sign me up!

Top Bottom