What is this Bakiraka weapon?

I've been trying to figure out what this weapon is called, I've looked at the encyclopedia and didn't find anything. I thought it might be called a sword breaker, but all that came up was a dagger with minimal resemblance to this weapon. I also searched for thread on the weapons used by the Bakiraka and found some some cool things, but didn't see anything on this weapon.
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/7677/weapon.png

Any help in finding the name and origin of this weapon would be greatly appreciated. I also hope this is the right place to post this.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's not surprising that you didn't find anything about it as it's a very rare weapon. It's commonly called a "Fish Spine sword". Its main purpose was to break the opponent's own sword, but it could do some nasty damage as well.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Ah shit that thing. Yeah they covered all those weird swords and weapons on the history channel once.

Basically as it was explained by the history channel it and several other weapons were meant to take on knights in full armour. A lot of those other weapons I'm pretty sure I've seen being used in Berserk.

I'd really like to see that history channel show, could probably learn more about those fancy weapons. It took me a while to find a picture of the fish spine sword, seems there are a few different versions of the sword, but I eventually found a picture that was rather close to what can be seen in the picture I posted.

Top Bottom