What to expect from now on?

Since that even with said "Berserker Armor", it seems that Guts still doesn't have what it takes to face the War Demons on his own, I think it's safe to assume that some significant change would have to be placed in order for it be a turning point or something of the sort. In light of this, I've been trying to come up with whatever it is that could fit the bill. Hence, this idea popped up:

"Due to his ever increasing strength and vigor, Guts ends up overly outstretching his Berserker Armor capabilities, no longer having any use for it. Thus, after gathering the ominous magic materials stemmed from some "enigmatic blueprint"Skull Knight passes down to him - which would involve a long and exciting journey to acquire - , Rickert manages to craft an ultimate armor, which employs masterfully Guts' physical and "Brand of Sacrifice" properties, utilizing his stacked pain and rage to fuel itself and then thoroughly boost our Black Swordsman's regenerative ability, rendering him well nigh unstoppable. Keep in mind that this is all coming from the conjecture which implies that increased regenerative abilities would allow Guts' already present super human abilities to further expand."

What do you guys think about it? Have you also come up with anything that could be considered a valid prediction to the future of the series? Please do share your thoughts down below, as I'm sure there are plenty of you who just can't wait for this awesome story to unfold.

Also, come on, Miura, I'm so sick and tired of watching Guts thread underneath the shadows cast by the God Hand. Will you at least grant us and our fellow struggler but a sliver of hope?

This really hurt my brain. Outstretching the berserker armor rendering it useless? I don't see this happening and as far Rickert, I don't know if he'll be crafting anything. :rakshas: If you're serious, I'd say all of this theory is highly unlikely and I mean that as politely as possible.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
gabrielkr7 said:
Since that even with said "Berserker Armor", it seems that Guts still doesn't have what it takes to face the War Demons on his own, I think it's safe to assume that some significant change would have to be placed in order for it be a turning point or something of the sort.

Before you get into your scenario, it's pretty obvious that turning point will occur at Elfhelm, don't you think? The King of the Flower Storm could bestow any amount of aid to Guts and Co. that we just aren't aware of yet.

gabrielkr7 said:
"Due to his ever increasing strength and vigor, Guts ends up overly outstretching his Berserker Armor capabilities, no longer having any use for it.

That's a long stretch. When Guts goes berserk the armor already threatens to kill him should he push too far. How do you suppose he'll push beyond the limits of the armor (what are the limits of the armor? I get the feeling Guts would be long dead before we found out)???

And I'll stop you there. What would be the point of introducing the Berserker armor if it would be dispensed with in just 10+ volumes (the series is called Berserk after all). The Skull Knight (in accordance with Flora) already passed down the Berserker armor, and now you think he'll pass down something else? How many aces does SK have up his sleeve? And what's the point in him holding on to them?

Can I point out, your description of this new armor:

gabrielkr7 said:
an ultimate armor, which employs masterfully Guts' physical and "Brand of Sacrifice" properties, utilizing his stacked pain and rage to fuel itself and then thoroughly boost our Black Swordsman's regenerative ability, rendering him well nigh unstoppable.

is essentially a description of the Berserker armor with some slight adjustments.

gabrielkr7 said:
Also, come on, Miura, I'm so sick and tired of watching Guts thread underneath the shadows cast by the God Hand. Will you at least grant us and our fellow struggler but a sliver of hope?

I think it's one of the most intriguing points of the whole story. You don't think the prospect of Casca returning to her former self is a sliver of hope for Guts? Or that Femto appears to show weakness by retaining emotional responses of the Demon Child/Moonlight Boy?

There's still a lot we don't know about Fantasia and the current state of the world. I don't believe Guts is the soul key to success (and nor should he be). I think victory will come as a result of many parts working together, and I think we're in the midst of watching these pieces fit together.

OP, it seems like you're banking on the notion that Guts is going to be pretty much on his own to fight Griffith's entire army and save the world and would need a super armor to do it. The way the story is unfolding, Guts has been making alliances and gathering allies of significance so when the time comes he won't need to do it all himself, which would be impossible.

Guts and his posse are currently on the way to Elfhelm where many of the world's remaining magic users and the Elf King live who I'm sure will be more than willing to help. We've already seen through Schierke how powerful a relatively novice magic user can be so I'm sure the elders are even more capable. Silat and the Tapasa are suspicious of Griffith to say the least and I think they will fight against him when the time comes, possibly with the rest of the Bakiraka in tow. The Merrow have helped out once and would certainly do so again. Daiba is still licking his wounds after losing to the Neo Falcon's army and we've seen that he is quite capable. Guts also has Skull Knight on his side who is one of the strongest players in the game as well so Guts by no means will have to handle things on his own. Having said that, I don't see a full on Apostle vs. Good Guy war either.

One of the big themes of the story has been Gut's development from his days as the Black Swordsman going at it alone at all costs, ignoring others, to where he is now. Basically he's gonna get a little help from his friends.

As far as needing or getting some new Super Berserker Armor that makes him unstoppable I don't see it. The drawbacks of the Berserker armor are one of the key points to the story. Miura didn't write this manga and develop such a rich group of characters and plot lines for 25+ years for it to just end with Guts going Super Sayan 9001 at the end.

Hah now that you guys pointed it out, it really does makes much more sense for it to end up being a tag team finale along with the effect of many "casualities" here and there, since things are not determined just through the actions of a bunch, let alone one man. I failed to see the whole picture at first glance, which I most probably still don't, and won't anytime soon, at least not until I delve deeper into the story and figure out the reasons behind each characters' actions. I guess I just felt driven to come up with something like that because I'm not able to picture the downfall of the God Hand without some kind of miracle, but I'd say that's just because the universe behind it is fairly complex, to be honest, and not that cliché and easy to figure out and predict kind of thing that we see all around, which makes it all the more enjoyable and addictive.

I think you guys are taking too much of a straightforward approach to the issue of defeating Griffith. While we're still largely in the dark on how Guts will defeat him I do believe Miura has been laying indirect groundwork for his defeat throughout the story.

For example:

Casca was supposed to die during the incarnation ceremony. In other words, in the eyes of God/IoE she served her purpose and needed to be gotten rid of. However, Guts and crew rescued her. Almost immediately afterwards we find out that because of the demon child's influence Griffith will instinctively protect Casca without Griffith knowing/realizing it, a potentially serious flaw that either wouldn't exist or wouldn't become known had God's plan worked and Casca had died. Coincidence?

Some more recent developments that I think might hint at what might or might not happen during the fight with Griffith:

During the fight with the Sea God we're shown that Schierke isn't able to summon an elemental spirit due to the strength of the Sea God's od. If the Sea God's od was too strong then I'm certain Griffith's will be too. This leads me to believe they won't bust down Griffith's throne room doors with rods blazing.

I also think it's interesting that, through Isma, we learned about the concept of a spirit's true name and the power it holds over said spirit, specifically the ability to transform the spirit into its true form.

:griffnotevil:: I'm glad to see you again, Guts.
:guts:: Nice wedding you're having here, Griffith. . . Or should I say Femto?!
:femto:: !

Of course, we don't know if that'd work with a member of the God Hand. Or if Guts even recalls or knows his true name given the fact that despite having heard the God Hand refer to Femto as Femto on two different occasions he has always called him Griffith.

Hey Guys!

First time posting, and if I’m being honest, also first time getting into the series! Grateful to any of the admins if I’m stepping on any toes here. Have been blitzing through the volumes multiple times, and its so interesting to me to explore all the instances of foreshadowing and paralleling throughout the series.

Although its not easy to expressively determine that it will actually be the case, I feel that the parallels that have already been explored previously in on SKnet between Berserk and other works such as Star Wars and Shakesperian work can really help to shine a speculative light on where the series might be going.

In particular, I’ve really been getting into exploring the links between Macbeth and Berserk – a topic I know has been touched on before. Obviously, themes such as Fate vs Free-will can be easily referenced. However, it’s fascinating to me how the personalities and tragedies of Berserk’s main characters can be superimposed on to the plot of Macbeth, but in a reverse fashion! Even unrelated plots – such as the Lady Macbeth’s sleepwalking/insanity – have correlations in the Berserk world (Casca losing her heart).

Of course, we know from the story of Macbeth that the ending is a straight-up Revenge finale, with the deuteragonist Macduff slaying Macbeth (importantly, partially in revenge for the slaying of Macduff’s wife and son). While I’m confident Miura has a unique story waiting for us, the Macbeth parallels leave me with a heavy heart as I’m a big supporter of the Casca/Guts happy ending.

I’m gonna have a lot of fun reading Berserk in parallel with Miura’s “influences” – if anything, it will give me something to do between monthly releases!

Welcome aboard, KoD!

KshatriyaOfDurga said:
In particular, I’ve really been getting into exploring the links between Macbeth and Berserk – a topic I know has been touched on before. Obviously, themes such as Fate vs Free-will can be easily referenced. However, it’s fascinating to me how the personalities and tragedies of Berserk’s main characters can be superimposed on to the plot of Macbeth, but in a reverse fashion!

I'm no expert on MacBeth, but I honestly don't think there's a connection between the two works (and even less so between Berserk and Star Wars), especially to the point where Berserk's plot mirrors Macbeth's. Any similarities I've seen people bring up between the two have been superficial at best. For example:

KshatriyaOfDurga said:
Even unrelated plots – such as the Lady Macbeth’s sleepwalking/insanity – have correlations in the Berserk world (Casca losing her heart).

The superficial similarity between the two works here is that both stories at some point involve a female who enters an abnormal state of mind. Outside of that, what do they have in common? The characters aren't similar at all. The reasons for their mental conditions aren't similar The conditions themselves aren't anything alike. Outside of the fact that they're both female and enter an abnormal mental state, there's nothing similar between them.

The theory that Berserk is so similar to Macbeth that you could use one to predict the end of the other just doesn't seem likely to me.

Top Bottom